Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

55 Pages  « 51 52 53 54 55  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> PLAYERS, ASK QUESTIONS HERE!!, Second thread just bc
nel3
Posted: Jun 2 2018, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,913

QUOTE (vash944 @ 1 hour, 39 minutes ago)
Nope... he did got his source from... here

Also a great source for JPN server related WMMT stuff

thank you for the the reply, thats why i dont know the site. havent visited it at all before this post was put up. thats pretty darn hard to navigate if i cant read Japanese but the chassis codes sure made things easier for the most part. i was able to find the FD section and also bonnet choices. it really does fill in the gaps some other sites have on customization.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jun 2 2018, 10:41 PM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 3 2018, 04:17 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (nel3 @ Today, 4:39 PM)
thank you for the the reply, thats why i dont know the site. havent visited it at all before this post was put up. thats pretty darn hard to navigate if i cant read Japanese but the chassis codes sure made things easier for the most part. i was able to find the FD section and also bonnet choices. it really does fill in the gaps some other sites have on customization.

you can just use google translate for most of it haha. it's quite good they usually have all the renew colours and other stuff listed for the cars too.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
vash944
Posted: Jun 3 2018, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (vnpython @ 6 hours, 59 minutes ago)
@Vash944 on that boost-ho thingy, so can i understand that if 800hp max vs 3 others FT-ed will get better boost-ho rate against the 3 (if fall behind)

Supposedly so.... the last gets a good boost but when in FT'd scenario you'll need elbow grease to smash and burn to first place in the right timing of each course...

Apparently the boost-ho thing goes nasty in N-ranked/stock cars, in the case of 800/FT'd battle scenario... you'll be needing skills and devious tactics to get to 1st in the finish line
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
nel3
Posted: Jun 3 2018, 07:55 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 3 hours, 37 minutes ago)
you can just use google translate for most of it haha. it's quite good they usually have all the renew colours and other stuff listed for the cars too.

ah, google translate. its a bit sketchy for its translation at times but i guess for casual purposes it'll do. i do hope i can locate the r33 section in there when i find the proper tag there.
PMEmail Poster
vnpython
Posted: Jun 6 2018, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 6,296

thanks Vash944 for clearing the technicals up (y)
PMEmail Poster
Specv534
Posted: Jun 6 2018, 10:25 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,316

After being gone since 2015, I've decided to come back to WMMT5 and try to do story mode unshaded (to unlock the yellow meter) as I failed to do so the first time. Currently at undefeated at story 44 on my second story loop, will be attempting to finish the remaining 15 chapters of the story tonight on my R34.

Are there any specific story chapters between 45-60 that will be tricky or that I should look out for? (My first playthrough of the story I transferred, so I have only played 55-60 before. Don't remember much except for losing at either 58 or 59 due to messing up a red turn right before the finish line. Are there any chapters like this between 45-60)?

Also with regards to power/handling distribution for story mode, balanced (720-740hp) is optimal for most chapters, correct?

Thanks for the help, appreciate any advice you can offer!

This post has been edited by Specv534 on Jun 6 2018, 10:26 AM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 7 2018, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

i would go 700 for c1 type maps and maybe 720/40 for anything on wangan/yoko.

either way whatever you go the AI will scale down so play at whatever you're comfortable with and don't forget to enable the retire settings. if you have a big crash and there's 1.5km (should still be ok) or more left dont be afraid to retire to avoid shading.

btw the story you're thinking of is against blackbird at the end, i think its story 58? and there's a red left turn right near the end. just dont go on a high hp setting and make sure you turn early and you'll be ok.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKB1vSGRBBo )

see 2:35 in this video

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jun 7 2018, 03:59 AM
vnpython
Posted: Jun 8 2018, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Specv534 @ Jun 6 2018, 10:25 AM)
After being gone since 2015, I've decided to come back to WMMT5 and try to do story mode unshaded (to unlock the yellow meter) as I failed to do so the first time. Currently at undefeated at story 44 on my second story loop, will be attempting to finish the remaining 15 chapters of the story tonight on my R34.

Are there any specific story chapters between 45-60 that will be tricky or that I should look out for? (My first playthrough of the story I transferred, so I have only played 55-60 before. Don't remember much except for losing at either 58 or 59 due to messing up a red turn right before the finish line. Are there any chapters like this between ...

the china event has better looking tachs.. those earlier car that i first began with (shaded) all has Event tachs rather than usual tachs. so maybe just do the event and do story for newly created cars.. save some $ too
PMEmail Poster
Specv534
Posted: Jun 9 2018, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Thanks for the help @WRX22B1998! I was able to finish the story unshaded and was able to obtain the yellow meter; nearly messed up on the last story (hit a truck) but was able to catch up and pass the Devil Z in the last kilometer. The video you linked was really helpful btw, that was the exact story chapter that I messed up on during my first loop. Thanks again, really appreciate it!

And @vnpython, for future cars I most likely will not be doing the story again; just wanted unlock the WMMT 2 soundtrack (really like the song "Stream of Tears") on the R34 as it is my main car. Thought I would be able to unlock it by doing a second story loop but I guess I was wrong.

Btw, is the China Event only for 5DX+ only, or will I be able to participate if I am still on WMMT 5?

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
Snow the Panda
Posted: Jun 9 2018, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 10,600

QUOTE (Specv534 @ 2 minutes, 50 seconds ago)
Btw, is the China Event only for 5DX+ only, or will I be able to participate if I am still on WMMT 5?

oh wait, you're in the U.S.?
PMEmail Poster
Specv534
Posted: Jun 9 2018, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Yeah! I haven't been on the forums since 2015ish, but I played a lot of WMMT 2-3DX+ back in the day (since that was all we had in the US), then transferred my data over when I was visiting family in Taiwan/Singapore and quit shortly after I returned from the trip.

When WMMT 5 was released in North America last year, I heard that NA was on a separate server and I wouldn't be able to use my data on the international servers, so I started from scratch with an R34 and finished one loop of the story (losing on story 58). Played for a week to finish the story and quit again since I misplaced my NA Banapass and didn't register my data.

Found my Banapass last week when I was moving out of my apartment and decided to come back and do one more loop to try to get the meter and here we are now!

This post has been edited by Specv534 on Jun 9 2018, 01:34 PM
PMEmail Poster
Snow the Panda
Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:03 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Specv534 @ 42 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Found my Banapass last week when I was moving out of my apartment and decided to come back and do one more loop to try to get the meter and here we are now!

k cool you found it ;D

so right now the event is on Asia and Indo server, U.S. version has its own schedule

heard you guys are starting with the first OCM?
PMEmail Poster
Specv534
Posted: Jun 9 2018, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

QUOTE (Snow the Panda @ 12 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
k cool you found it ;D

so right now the event is on Asia and Indo server, U.S. version has its own schedule

heard you guys are starting with the first OCM?

Feels good to be back, I've gotten really rusty though :lol:

Honestly not too sure regarding the schedule of OCMs, I've been pretty out of the loop on the scene here. Tried looking online but wasn't able to find anything; think there's a MT5 NA facebook page so I might try asking there
PMEmail Poster
vnpython
Posted: Jun 11 2018, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

as u didnt says where you're from and all thinks you're in intl server. =) China also have mt5 recently, so not just USA... MT6 will be 100 story bash-4-tach and wont he easy to get your other colored tach (RED/BLUE/CARBON). So get them while u have 40 less stories to do =)
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jun 14 2018, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

are there any special conditions to clear Japan challenge mode past the first 10 blocks? first 10 blocks only need 1 win per stage, do the others have more wins required to clear a stage? im aiming to clear 20 blocks with my R33 to get the dragon sticker. i know that some JC cycles require you to battle down before you can challenge higher levels.

i also noticed something rather weird toady on the Fukouka line (if i remember correctly). it was within the first 2km of the race in Japan challenge mode. the opponent was in the center lane so i took the right lane to pass him. there was a van (traffic) in the center lane in the immediate area. i pass the opponent and the van and i just get slammed into the wall. the opponent's car just teleported to the right lane forcing me into the wall. it was a WTF moment for me as it took less that a second for it to teleport to my lane.

i also noticed some sort of trick to have the car steer much sharper in certain corners in Hakone. im referring to the sharp S turns located 6.2-5.9 km left mark in Hakone outbound. i find taping the brakes to get a decent speed (average driving skills) just before the apex of the 2nd half of an S turn lets the car turn sharper. its sharper than just gassing off for my current skill but it does require taping the brakes and losing some speed and its not really useful on 95% of the corners in the game. before that i usually got to a decent speed thru both turns and hit the outer exit wall with the rear bumper. with the brake tapping i can avoid a bumper tap better. is it just me or does brake tapping before a turn let the car turn faster? there was a similar trick in Initial D ver 2-3 called eraser, by quickly down shifting once and returning to the previous higher gear right away. it let the car turn a bit better but did cause some understeer soon after that had to be dealt with.

im aware you can intentionally do a rear bumper tap to aid in those turns but im not at that level yet.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jun 14 2018, 07:48 PM
PMEmail Poster
Snow the Panda
Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (nel3 @ 39 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
are there any special conditions to clear Japan challenge mode past the first 10 blocks? first 10 blocks only need 1 win per stage, do the others have more wins required to clear a stage? im aiming to clear 20 blocks with my R33 to get the dragon sticker. i know that some JC cycles require you to battle down before you can challenge higher levels.

Always 1 win 1 block (Prefecture)

You'll need to clear whole Japan (50 blocks) for 1 JC sticker, not 20

Not sure what you mean by challenge higher levels, you always face same level as you
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jun 14 2018, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

QUOTE (Snow the Panda @ 30 minutes, 57 seconds ago)
Always 1 win 1 block (Prefecture)

You'll need to clear whole Japan (50 blocks) for 1 JC sticker, not 20

Not sure what you mean by challenge higher levels, you always face same level as you

thank you for the reply, i meant to say 1 win=1 prefecture. i know every time i clear the country once i will get another sticker but it can only go for 5 rounds for 5 stickers.

i read/heard somewhere where you need to race at your level in a Japan challenge prefecture before you can chose the ultimante rival/next level opponent. not sure if thats true but i didnt see that too well.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jun 14 2018, 08:36 PM
PMEmail Poster
alvinchongkh
Posted: Jun 21 2018, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 7,804

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but whatever, was grinding VS Other Region & I came across this ghost with an 'N' rank:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 4656 x 2620. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Is this even possible or it's just a server bug just curious lol
Anyway, the ghost was pretty easy, all it does is go fast as hell in a straight line & then slide into the barrier lol :lol:
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jun 21 2018, 02:57 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (alvinchongkh @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but whatever, was grinding VS Other Region & I came across this ghost with an 'N' rank:
https://i.imgur.com/INOFxAX.jpg
Is this even possible or it's just a server bug just curious lol
Anyway, the ghost was pretty easy, all it does is go fast as hell in a straight line & then slide into the barrier lol :lol:

2 Things that come in to my mind:

1. Lose all the way on stage 1 until you get 830hp thus N rank =P
2. extreme H4X0RZ skill

my 2 centavos goes to numba 2 tho.... I'm pretty sure there are parts when you reach a certain HP that might not give you a nudge of tune points on your gauge
alvinchongkh
Posted: Jun 21 2018, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 7,804

QUOTE (vash944 @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
2 Things that come in to my mind:

1. Lose all the way on stage 1 until you get 830hp thus N rank =P
2. extreme H4X0RZ skill

my 2 centavos goes to numba 2 tho.... I'm pretty sure there are parts when you reach a certain HP that might not give you a nudge of tune points on your gauge

Yea u can't complete hell's tuning without winning but oh well who knows maybe it was a modded 3dx+ card transferred to bana long ago
PMEmail Poster
vnpython
Posted: Jun 22 2018, 09:35 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Hacked 3dx+ card transferred over.. by the way, is this forum dying of natural Death (less and less peeps coming in to post/ask)? Mainly post at FB Maxi groups...
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jun 22 2018, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (vnpython @ 44 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Hacked 3dx+ card transferred over.. by the way, is this forum dying of natural Death (less and less peeps coming in to post/ask)? Mainly post at FB Maxi groups...

Expected this as much tho.... they've been milking the transfer too much with these kinds of hacked data cards =/

Deskyx
Posted: Jun 23 2018, 05:17 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (vnpython @ 7 hours, 41 minutes ago)

Its always been this quiet but as long as we have people posting it won't go away completely.
PMEmail Poster
SukiBoyChoy
Posted: Jul 3 2018, 12:59 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 10,824

Any reason why most players use Advan RG-D wheels?
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jul 3 2018, 02:52 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (SukiBoyChoy @ Today, 6:59 PM)
Any reason why most players use Advan RG-D wheels?

they look nice

Topic Options 55 Pages  « 51 52 53 54 55  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll