Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules
This is a section to say hello to the community. Not a section to discuss other random events and interests. Thank you.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> New(ish) member from Upstate NY, started a second thread...
Westy
  Posted: May 8 2016, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,523

Somehow I screwed up my first thread and erased everything about introducing myself on here, let me start again. :ermm:

Hi everyone, my name's Jeremy from the Upper NY state, capital district location.

Recently I purchased a Maxi Tune 3Dx+ single machine, in Japanese, from Ebay last September. Don't know how I found it for such a good price but needless to say, it had a few issues when I received it from the freight shippers, :rantrant: and the seller on there did not even do a halfway decent job of prepping the game for shipment. It basically arrived at the freight dock, metal banded to a small pallet and that's it.

When I picked it up, the signboard was destroyed and missing, and there was no power cord and no keys to be found, so I was very pissed off.

Well, after getting it to my house, I drilled all the locks off, and found the power cord, and Ethernet cable down inside the coin tray. :o Cleaned the machine out everywhere and found some Japanese Yen in the seat, plus a used card with a red Evo 9 on it.

Next problem I had, the monitor never came on but the game played nonetheless. :madrant: After taking apart the monitor chassis board, I discovered 2 separate copper wire coils that had popped off the board. So with any luck, I did my best and resoldered those puppies back on. Installed the board back in, and voila, it worked!! A little degaussing later and the game plays awesome!

Flash forward to today, the signboard was ordered from ArcadeSpareParts.com, and I even managed to find 50 new blank cards from a good guy on here (thank you Weirdo808Hi). I'll be in touch. :thanks:

The other cabs I own are a Ms Pac Man unit, it has the classic 60-in-1 board and plays a lot of the 80's games to include all the Pac Mans, Donkey Kongs, Frogger, 1942, 43, etc... and the other cab is a 1990 Neo Geo MVS-4. That one has around 10 individual games and the 161 mulit cart as well.

Perhaps someday I'll build a little arcade attachment to my house have tournaments. One can dream though. :ninja:

I'll add some photos as I get time.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dare
Posted: May 10 2016, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

man sounds like your place would be a fun place to visit.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Westy
Posted: May 18 2016, 02:02 PM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,523

Thanks man, if you're ever in the NY area, you're welcome to check them out.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll