Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Forza Horizon 3, xBox/PC Crossplay!
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,833

I could trade blows, but even I have limits. Not driving like an asshole while defending against assholes adds on to it. Can't stand brutal competition too, Wangan taught me that. I am sick and tired of this meta slamming shit courtesy of millenial hipster kids (sorry if you are one, but that is the reality I see today).

The saner races are really S1 and lower, but S1 class was still tough especially back at release day. A lot of club invites though, ignored them all laugh.gif

Maybe that was a hardcore AWD tuned Zonda that seemed 'broken'; I don't have an AWD setting for that car and I lost to one earlier this week which was definitely AWD. EVERYONE passed me at the start line, I got rammed, and then it's a desperate chase to keep up while trying NOT to over-stress or panic lest the gamepad fails to register my inputs... (yes I HAVE lost races where I was in front, or in podium all because of input loss sad.gif)

How the hell the dude could turn the corner still, I have no idea. Meanwhile in the round with the LP750 which I did NOT prepare at all, I was airborne long enough to make do with 11th. Seriously I think the hardest street race maps are bullshit, and the graphics issue with the blue smoke not appearing in cockpit view doesn't help things. Way too many dubious 90-degree-plus turns that force you to slow down to a crawl, and then you get hit from behind.

On my own freeroam test, all-RWD, Agera and 1:1 will kill Zonda on the straight, but only barely... aaaaaand I have to use race tyres to do some high speed turns. Zonda? I have enough unadjustable downforce, I'll just keep the rally treads on. Though IMO Huayra BC default game provided setup still kills Zonda in the turns though. Just doesn't go far enough beyond 400km/h if you need to rely on straights to catch somebody.

I normally ignore Ferraris for racing (512TR in reserve but why is it so weak?!), but I think the 458 is an even fiercer opponent compared to the Zonda if driven by one of those crazy top runners with nothing else better to do with their life. LaFerrari? Dunno, not my type, not enough power. Prefer the retro class (F40/F50/F355 and the likes).

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 5 hours, 18 minutes ago)
reading about you guys having cars and setups for each class/type/performance bracket is just mind boggling.

I slightly object to this. Many of the German cars I don't like them enough at all to even begrudgingly set them up to race. I really only go as far as to have something usable to meet the "classroom attendance" (just so you're not imprisoned in a standard loan car for the next race). Jungle trail in CVPI or LP570 against buggies/trucks/SUVs, go figure; and you still have to fend off WRC maniacs. tongue.gif I just slap parts on things I like or think I can use, then do a general tune that doesn't really perform all that well when you need to do something drastic.
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ 15 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
I could trade blows, but even I have limits. Not driving like an asshole while defending against assholes adds on to it. Can't stand brutal competition too, Wangan taught me that. I am sick and tired of this meta slamming shit courtesy of millenial hipster kids (sorry if you are one, but that is the reality I see today).

The saner races are really S1 and lower, but S1 class was still tough especially back at release day. A lot of club invites though, ignored them all laugh.gif

Maybe that was a hardcore AWD tuned Zonda that seemed 'broken'; I don't have an AWD setting for that car and I lost to one earlier this week which was definitely AWD. EVERYONE passed me at the start line, I got rammed, and then it's a desperate chase to keep up while trying NOT to over-stress or panic lest the gamepad fails to register my inputs... (yes I HAVE lost races where I was in front, or in podium all because of input loss sad.gif)

How the hell the dude could turn the corner still, I have no idea. Meanwhile in the round with the LP750 which I did NOT prepare at all, I was airborne long enough to make do with 11th. Seriously I think the hardest street race maps are bullshit, and the graphics issue with the blue smoke not appearing in cockpit view doesn't help things. Way too many dubious 90-degree-plus turns that force you to slow down to a crawl, and then you get hit from behind.

On my own freeroam test, all-RWD, Agera and 1:1 will kill Zonda on the straight, but only barely... aaaaaand I have to use race tyres to do some high speed turns. Zonda? I have enough unadjustable downforce, I'll just keep the rally treads on. Though IMO Huayra BC default game provided setup still kills Zonda in the turns though. Just doesn't go far enough beyond 400km/h if you need to rely on straights to catch somebody.

I normally ignore Ferraris for racing (512TR in reserve but why is it so weak?!), but I think the 458 is an even fiercer opponent compared to the Zonda if driven by one of those crazy top runners with nothing else better to do with their life. LaFerrari? Dunno, not my type, not enough power. Prefer the retro class (F40/F50/F355 and the likes).

I drive RWD cars so ramming is very annoying and ruins my tempo.

S2 in my experience is by far the sanest class with everyone just concerned at going fast, and you could use almost everything decently. S1 and A are absolute cancer with the V8 Evos destroying everything else.

I just like taking cars I like and building them up to the top of the class and see how they drive. I've found a few gems so far, but many duds.

LaFerrari is my vehicle of choice because it's just so easy to handle. And I'm not that good yet where the car's lack of power begins taking me down. I can still catch Centenarios and Koenigseggs in faster sprints.
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Maybe the LSx Evo things weren't discovered yet back when I was spamming online adventure (this was during peak period after Day 1), didn't see those at the time. Hence why I always see S1 and lower as the saner part. I think I did try an LS WRX at one point but... didn't... really... like the feeling?

The rare few times I spotted one, it was in games where the other players had better stuff. Or just blind variety run-what-ya-brung. One time a 2-11 came in and walked everybody, I was right behind him but just not enough power to keep up... crying2.gif

Whereas from my POV I see S2 as absurd, because it's pure desperation - like you said, everyone only wants to go REAL fast, and those who know they can't do it, do all they can to ram the rest. Still painful either way.

I don't know where to place my skill level. For all we know I might also suck overall, win percentages suck. laugh.gif As for Centenarios, THOSE CARS, absolutely loathe them on Goliath. Like the Zonda they are "broken" in their own way... but more "broken". I can't run a Ford GT stably enough at speed without THAT CAR slowly inching closer with every turn, and me panicking. (then again the GT I used was all for speed; NO downforce items whatsoever. And rally tyres laugh.gif)

Yet I have never encountered an elite Regera TA user daring to go all-out in a freeroam race just to shut down that particular car. Would be awesome to see even if I trailed the pack, but oh well.
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ 3 hours, 7 minutes ago)
Maybe the LSx Evo things weren't discovered yet back when I was spamming online adventure (this was during peak period after Day 1), didn't see those at the time. Hence why I always see S1 and lower as the saner part. I think I did try an LS WRX at one point but... didn't... really... like the feeling?

The rare few times I spotted one, it was in games where the other players had better stuff. Or just blind variety run-what-ya-brung. One time a 2-11 came in and walked everybody, I was right behind him but just not enough power to keep up... crying2.gif

Whereas from my POV I see S2 as absurd, because it's pure desperation - like you said, everyone only wants to go REAL fast, and those who know they can't do it, do all they can to ram the rest. Still painful either way.

I don't know where to place my skill level. For all we know I might also suck overall, win percentages suck. laugh.gif As for Centenarios, THOSE CARS, absolutely loathe them on Goliath. Like the Zonda they are "broken" in their own way... but more "broken". I can't run a Ford GT stably enough at speed without THAT CAR slowly inching closer with every turn, and me panicking. (then again the GT I used was all for speed; NO downforce items whatsoever. And rally tyres laugh.gif)

Yet I have never encountered an elite Regera TA user daring to go all-out in a freeroam race just to shut down that particular car. Would be awesome to see even if I trailed the pack, but oh well.

Centenarios are nothing special in S2. The Koenigseggs you can catch on the corners as they are very fast and tend to miss braking points.

LS Evos are broken as shit. Every single time I see someone in an Evo in an S1 lobby they tend to win 8/10.

S2 is pretty clean honestly. No one can afford to hit shit at high speeds. S1 and A is when shit gets annoying.
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 05:13 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Virtually every Centenario I raced is X, so probably that since Goliath is not a map that is ever rotated on online adventure, too long. Still can't stand the car. Don't like the power and don't like the odd grip.

Suppose we agree to disagree on the ramming shit. Either way regardless of class, the races usually end up going brutal one way or another. I saw more success at S1 / A and the infrequent B class races back then but granted, all AWD deployment just to survive.

For all I know, if I get in a game nowadays, might be in for a rude awakening that'll prove you right instead.

Chill-out cruising still the best thing to do - can't do that in WMMT. WMMT = always having to think about what to do with the cash in pocket unlocking tons of items you don't want. (Advan Racing GT!!! And then see how ugly it looks in-game vs real life...)

Oh hey Porsche pack. pinch2.gif dry.gif
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ Yesterday, 11:13 PM)
Virtually every Centenario I raced is X, so probably that since Goliath is not a map that is ever rotated on online adventure, too long. Still can't stand the car. Don't like the power and don't like the odd grip.

Suppose we agree to disagree on the ramming shit. Either way regardless of class, the races usually end up going brutal one way or another. I saw more success at S1 / A and the infrequent B class races back then but granted, all AWD deployment just to survive.

For all I know, if I get in a game nowadays, might be in for a rude awakening that'll prove you right instead.

Chill-out cruising still the best thing to do - can't do that in WMMT. WMMT = always having to think about what to do with the cash in pocket unlocking tons of items you don't want. (Advan Racing GT!!! And then see how ugly it looks in-game vs real life...)

Oh hey Porsche pack. pinch2.gif dry.gif

is that porsche pack part of the car pass or is a separate dlc ? pinch2.gif i swear t10
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 25 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
is that porsche pack part of the car pass or is a separate dlc ? pinch2.gif i swear t10

Separate but it's on sale currently.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Today, 1:58 AM)
Separate but it's on sale currently.

>no 964
>no 997

hahah noope im giving this a miss
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 1 hour, 18 minutes ago)
>no 964
>no 997

hahah noope im giving this a miss

But muh RWB
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Not caring so much about the car selection (only the 993 GT2 catches my attention) but again I cannot stand the fact that like NFS, they went all trendy hipster on the aero when there's so many more brands they could have gone for.

Maybe there's some sort of licensing agreements I'm not aware of, but seriously, why everything RWB/LB*W/Rocket Bunny? (is trying to hold back from yet another rant)

964 would have been nice though... like the 3.6 turbo from Bad Boys... laugh.gif

I think the latest cars look nicer vs the early 997's, but too bad no more 3.8L all gone downsized turbo for emissions...

Forzathon in half an hour...
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Apr 13 2017, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

I personally like the Cayman GT4, and 2016 911 GT3 RS.

The 997 911 GT2 RS needs to be in more games!
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Wow several ADV.1 wheels glitch badly on the RS 4.0. The paint scheme for the wheels is also wtf, it follows the manufacturer paint layer... can't customise much... whistling.gif

Still prefer 1990's (I can't believe 1990's is 'retro' to them now, 20 years flies by too fast...) but I could care less about Porsche these days...

EDIT: add a speedometer glitch to that chair.gif

This post has been edited by MiLKYredriot on Apr 14 2017, 12:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Yesterday, 3:20 AM)
But muh RWB

user posted image
SPOILER

why everything RWB/LB*W/Rocket Bunny?

because that's what all the cool kids are into now rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Apr 14 2017, 07:57 AM
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 12:51 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 4 hours, 56 minutes ago)
http://i.imgur.com/fTfdvQs.png
SPOILER

because that's what all the cool kids are into now  rolleyes.gif

Got it kms

I also f**king hate the RB/LW obsession. If they put out a body kit DLC i'd buy it no questions asked.

This post has been edited by Deskyx on Apr 14 2017, 12:52 PM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Today, 6:51 AM)
Got it kms

I also f**king hate the RB/LW obsession. If they put out a body kit DLC i'd buy it no questions asked.

This was one thing NFS had over forza (for some cars anyway) there was a decent choice of aftermarket bodykits/parts
dos4te
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 10,580

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 2 hours, 44 minutes ago)
This was one thing NFS had over forza (for some cars anyway) there was a decent choice of aftermarket bodykits/parts

-always online lel
-not all parts can be used with one another
not hoping much for this year's release
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 14 2017, 10:20 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

/digressing to NFS since aero was mentioned

From my POV not all parts being able to be used together is a case of, "how many permutations are they going to bother to code in and then having to check that mess for bugs." Many went unnoticed, after slapping on some weird combos you can only do a full delete, yet for others you can still uninstall the single part, or some other weird mix.

The complete uninstall was probably there as a last-ditch failsafe...
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 17 2017, 04:25 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

the photo mode in this is fun though i didn't use it as much as i did the GT4 one
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 21 2017, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Kinda rhetoric, but whatever -

if their front tyres smoke easily with even minor drifts, they're pretty much AWDing it... right?
PMEmail Poster
acefire
Posted: Apr 27 2017, 05:44 AM
Quote Post

Odd Della Robbia

Member No.: 4,454

The new hot wheels expansion looks sick!

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-K_M4i2Bbs )
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Apr 27 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

Oh yeah, the Zenvo ST1 and Pagani Zonda R are included with the expansion!
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 28 2017, 04:48 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Thought the zonda r was already in the main game? :l

keen for hilux though hehe. but idn if i wanna drop another $20~ or whatever they're asking for this expansion.
Deskyx
Posted: May 3 2017, 12:06 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Milky get a f**kin mic next time man
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: May 4 2017, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Teredo issues are the problem at my end, not a mic; even if I had a mic I wouldn't be able to talk anyway. Sorry about that. Reformatting the whole PC just to see if it'll solve the problem is painful reinstalling everything... sad.gif

Anyway, yeah I know you guys were trying stuff (like the backwards drag race of all things lol). Was fun, even for a short while.

DAT RACE THO... you sneak tongue.gif I actually jammed up my controller at one point then the XJ220 flew past... the D-pad on this controller isn't so good...
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: May 6 2017, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ May 3 2017, 06:06 PM)
Milky get a f**kin mic next time man

yea and stop running laugh.gif

Topic Options 6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll