• Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Europe namco system N2 3dx+ upgrade help
derole
Posted: Aug 24 2019, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,079

Hello, I currently have a maximum tune 3 gameboard (europe version) that I want to upgrade to 3dx+ as the files have been decrypted and uploaded online. I have managed to get it running under a linux install however it has massive slowdown after a minute or two (seems to be affected by VRAM so maybe a VRAM leak). Apparently this does not occur on custom BIOS 7600 GS cards. I dont know if anyone can confirm this or not. My N2 does not have any custom bios since the european version is a different spec (Athlon 64 desktop CPU + Asus M2N-MX and asus fanless 7600 GS 256mb). Also this European version of wmmt3 seems to run on debian 2.6 not 2.4 like all the other versions and has a slightly newer nvidia driver version (so I cant just overwrite the game files needs an entirely different linux os).

I dont know if this is the correct place to ask or if anyone has any experience with N2s and linux but any help would be greatly appreciated. We even tried a decrypted version of the 2.4 N2 kernel with slowdown still.

Thanks

An image of my N2 (I since replaced the GPU with a palit 7600 for thermal reasons and its been working fine even without a custom bios for vanilla wmmt3)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3024 x 4032. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll