Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

26 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> ***WMMT5 North American Info Thread***, *Official Discussion Thread*
Sunzabuto
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 07:29 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8

Hello everyone, your friend Sunza here with an update a decade in the making. It looks like WMMT5 has finally made it stateside. I cant personally confirm anything myself yet but from pictures being posted elsewhere it looks like locations have been popping up in California and supposedly Denver Colorado. I made this thread as a temporary gathering place for discussion and information gathering in everything regarding the US locations. This way other threads like the Arcade Directory wont get flooded with chatter unrelated to the main topic. Also that way we can confirm everything like location, bannanetwork status, ect. If someone could link the pics from other thread that would be great. Lets try to get members on the ground confirming, in person, that the cabinets are here and the Banapassports are working. Again this is only temporary till we have 100% confirmation. Thanks again everyone. w00t2.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
RemieGino14
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 766

After many long years of retirement...I thought I was gone from this forbidden game.

- RemieGino14 -
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Dare
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 07:44 PM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

you never quit! lol
PMEmail PosterMSN
Kenzz
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 07:54 PM
Quote Post

i wanan b da berry best

Member No.: 5,492

Yeah, we just need someone in the International server playing to go check (via ghost / country) to see if you guys can be located. If its confirmed, then USA server could be international server.

Let's hope it is!
PM
RemieGino14
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Its a matter of fact that everyone has to start off fresh since none of us can transfer our wmmt3dxplus cards over now. Lol

- RemieGino14 -
Stavingo
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 08:34 PM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

Member No.: 9,901

Doubtful but hoping my card works over in the US, happy you guys got MT5 now since when I went last time I only saw 3DX+

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
vash944
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Sunzabuto @ 1 hour, 9 minutes ago)
Hello everyone, your friend Sunza here with an update a decade in the making. It looks like WMMT5 has finally made it stateside. I cant personally confirm anything myself yet but from pictures being posted elsewhere it looks like locations have been popping up in California and supposedly Denver Colorado. I made this thread as a temporary gathering place for discussion and information gathering in everything regarding the US locations. This way other threads like the Arcade Directory wont get flooded with chatter unrelated to the main topic. Also that way we can confirm everything like location, bannanetwork status, ect. If someone could link the pics from other thread that would be great. Lets try to get members on the ground confirming, in person, that the cabinets are here and the Banapassports are working. Again this is only temporary till we have 100% confirmation. Thanks again everyone. w00t2.gif

quite the good news to USA territories that WMMT5 pops out....

oh yeah lets just hope you'll be getting the premium ones and not the "el cheapo" ones

@RemieGino14

sadly, everyone there would be starting fresh, however in a longshot when NBGI-USA plans to make a nationwide campaign for update your WMMT3 to 3DX+ from WMMT5's terminal

if the price per game is not more than $2 per game and $10 for Banapass and probably it would be a good thing rolleyes.gif
Sunzabuto
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

Im not expecting it to be possible to do any transfers, its way to far gone for that. Even though NA players have to start fresh that should honestly not be a big deterrence to most. I think it will kick start peoples love of the game again to have to go through the tuning process again. When I got to korea and had the chance to play again it was so fun to start fresh, it made the experience so much better. I probably spent 1 Million Won tuning my cars but if my passport doesnt work here I will still be starting over and playing.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
vash944
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 08:59 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Sunzabuto @ 6 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Im not expecting it to be possible to do any transfers, its way to far gone for that. Even though NA players have to start fresh that should honestly not be a big deterrence to most. I think it will kick start peoples love of the game again to have to go through the tuning process again. When I got to korea and had the chance to play again it was so fun to start fresh, it made the experience so much better. I probably spent 1 Million Won tuning my cars but if my passport doesnt work here I will still be starting over and playing.

well... if data from KOR isn't applicable from USA from now you could still use the BanaPass for new car data in the USA, the risks is when NBGI-USA trolls to kickstart a campaign for so-called promotions (another ploy to get them more revenue capitalistic wise)

I have a certain theory that the card stored are just codes or password for the server to know that you are using "SUNZA"'s card

they've been advertising that the BanaPass can be used for multitude of games that are compatible to BanaPass reader enabled arcade games.... so server-side and internet must be enabled to be using this

based on my last post regarding cabinets.... be wary of so called "el cheapo" or "economy" cabinets, which was released for WMMT5, I'm pretty sure you played the orignal WMMT4 cabs, the newer ones albeit bit smaller and certain risks of getting your stuff stolen below the brakes/accel pedal area if you are used to keep your bags inside there, I had the feeling the quality is also sacrificed

also the LCD screen's quality is very noticable especially the shades of black...

This post has been edited by vash944 on Nov 6 2015, 09:08 PM
FrostBight
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,278

I'm going to be heading to the So Cal location of MT5 tomorrow. Is there anything you guys want me to test/try/verify?

I've already confirmed that there are 4 working machines with a kiosk.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Jammy
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Midnight Maximum Tsun(dere)

Member No.: 8,068

QUOTE (FrostBight @ 9 minutes, 30 seconds ago)
I'm going to be heading to the So Cal location of MT5 tomorrow. Is there anything you guys want me to test/try/verify?

I hope you guys can challenge ghost from other countries too(Philippines, Hong Kong, Australia, etc.) not just against other states. That would be cool
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Nov 6 2015, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 727

QUOTE (FrostBight @ 29 minutes, 37 seconds ago)

Someone needs to confirm if ghost / machine is connected to the international servers. IE can you challenge other peoples ghost from Australia / New Zealand / Hong Kong etc.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
UbeR
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 02:50 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 9,098

I wonder if America can beat International and Japan's time attack records hehehe.

It was about time America got MT5! cool.gif
PM
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 03:45 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

Member No.: 9,838

QUOTE (UbeR @ 54 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
I wonder if America can beat International and Japan's time attack records hehehe.

Sigma would top Hakone for sure.
Normalaatsra
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Member No.: 8,984

Everyone stateside should spread the word.
Spec-Vermillion
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 06:12 AM
Quote Post

Mysterion

Member No.: 8,905

This is quite a surprise.

I didn't see any news pertaining to this from the official site, but I'm glad to see America willing to enter the game!
PMEmail Poster
e28
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

=MCR=

Member No.: 1,731

Is anyone know what are the top tier cars in MT5?
PMEmail Poster
RemieGino14
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 09:16 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (UbeR @ 6 hours, 25 minutes ago)

With Wangan 5 finally here, It probably has rekindered alot of people's spirits to play this game again with the fact that our dreams came true after a long time. Don't get me wrong, I have been out of this scene for over 2 years only for the mere fact that we thought we were never going to see the days of Wangan 4 (as well as the fact that our central spot A.I was taken away from us in 2011.)

This isn't the first time this happened though in Camelot Golfland, Anahiem, CA. Back when Wangan 2 was released, Camelot was also the first to get the machines before any other arcade. I'm just amazed that we saw a glimmer of light, and Camelot delivered it to us.

Although many of us have moved on with life (Due to Wangan being dead since we got sick and tired of playing 3DX+) You'll see me a bit more once again....regardless if I have to travel 70 miles round trip to play Wangan again....my spirit is lit again, time to challenge times and dress tune all over again. 8D

Get ready though, some Diamond Stars are coming back...

- RemieGino14 -
Spec-Vermillion
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 10:46 AM
Quote Post

Mysterion

Member No.: 8,905

QUOTE (e28 @ 1 hour, 37 minutes ago)
Is anyone know what are the top tier cars in MT5?

Shouldn't you ask this in the MT5 thread?

Well, I'll give a few: FD, 110S, R32 and the like.
PMEmail Poster
Myth_21
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

SRS'ly SRS

Member No.: 4,940

Can I just say I'm so f**king happy for NA right now. PLAY THE GAME. PUSH YOUR WHOLE WALLET INTO THE MACHINE. Make it worthwhile for the arcade owners.

Seriously I'm f**king ecstatic for you guys.
Pasta
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 37

OG Americrew checking in ayyyy
Myth_21
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

SRS'ly SRS

Member No.: 4,940

QUOTE (Pasta @ 9 minutes, 14 seconds ago)
OG Americrew checking in ayyyy

Holy shit PASTA. The guy who convinced me to make an SVX

They are actually like crazy good in WMMT5. Like, best four gear car by far.
FrostBight
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 04:15 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 2,278

Alright, I've returned from a 4-hour marathon session of playing MT5 at Camelot Golfland in Anaheim, CA and have a few things to report...

It costs 4 tokens for a game, and 8 tokens for a banapass card, either from the terminal or the driving cabinet itself. (tokens cost 20-25 cents each)

The cabinets ARE online, BUT ARE NOT connected to any international server. The region is set to United States, and only United States is listed when doing a ghost search by region. This means that you can only race/search vehicles from the two confirmed test locations, Anaheim, CA and Denver, CO (Dave & Busters).

I spoke with the arcade manager, and this is a confirmed test location. This means two things: First, the cabinets are temporary, HOWEVER, the manager said they anticipate to have the game there for at LEAST 4 months, longer if it does well. Second, because it's a test location, you can only register 5 cars to a BANAPASS, not the full 100.

People need to go and play. The more business it brings in, the better the changes we'll get WMMT5 officially in the states.

... any other questions I may have missed?
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
Whitzwolf
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 04:45 PM
Quote Post

Yahallo! \^o^

Member No.: 8,312

Like Myth said, and since FrostBight added this is still only a test, BURN YOUR SALARY DO IT FOR THE GREATER GOOD OF THE WANGAN biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
coffeelover239
Posted: Nov 7 2015, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Validating
Member No.: 10,219

If only these locations were near me.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 26 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll