Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> 350z or porsche 911 blackbird?
troy
Posted: Aug 20 2008, 06:54 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,479

i live in the states, so when i play max tune, it gives me a 350z blackbird, do you guys like this blackbird?
and would you like to see it replaced with a hopefully max tune 4 arcade?
PMEmail Poster
Steel Heart
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 01:12 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 2,933

I hate blackbird driving around in a 350Z.. I do wish it's replaced by his original car in either MT3 DX or MT4.. Also, I'd love to make a Porsche/ Gemballa card. That car just rocks and the design is just amazing.. Too bad the Avalanche didn't make it to the international version. It's just sad that Japanese people try to lessen the contents for the other countries.. I mean, look at the ID4, no online play and IDES international also has no online play.. That just sucks.. We're all humans and people here.. It's the sharing thing we're all lacking right there! I understand they made the game and they should have extra contents but not get some of the major/ fun contents like online play and additional cars.. That just ruined my day, hope they finally realize that and make everything just and fair.. We pay enough to get the full version.. Or at least some update of some sort to get those extra contents.. Personally, I've been waiting for the Evo X and the Avalanche.. Buut~ the Avalanche wouldn't be here with me because of their sick pleasure of making us jealous.. Hey, I'm Asian. I love their culture and I'd love to be a Japanese but I'm saying this because majority of my friends thinks the same. Whew! Long rant, here's my short answer: 911 and YES for Gemballas for MT4!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Geo
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

well i doubt gemballa would even let namco have the rights for it for the international version on MT4 (typical). i reckon the actually porsche as the blackbird suits well, but still, the 350z dont look too bad XD
PMEmail PosterMSN
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

I think the 350Z makes a lot of sense as blackbird. I actually kind of like the aspect of old Z vs new Z
PMEmail PosterMSN
T.I.C.
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 2,316

The 350z looks like a hiace on wangan compared to a gemballa. Does that answer your question?

This post has been edited by T.I.C. on Aug 21 2008, 02:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

wah. 350z looks nothing like a Hiace. 350z is still a sexy car. Gemballa would be nice, but I'm not fussed if we get them or not
PMEmail PosterMSN
Geo
Posted: Aug 21 2008, 10:18 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (Midnight Star @ Today at 12:57 AM)
I think the 350Z makes a lot of sense as blackbird. I actually kind of like the aspect of old Z vs new Z

yeh thats very understandable especially since the last race (stage 80) its basically a battle between you and 3 different Z's.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Steel Heart
  Posted: Aug 22 2008, 12:23 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 2,933

But I would really like it if the arcade stick with the characters' original cars.. Like Initial D.. Except the undecided color of Bunta's Impreza.. Is that really Blue or Silver? Haha! Gemballa simply kicks a**!

edit: whoops, I meant Porsche..

This post has been edited by Steel Heart on Aug 22 2008, 12:39 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Dare
Posted: Aug 22 2008, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE (Steel Heart @ Yesterday at 1:12 AM)
I hate blackbird driving around in a 350Z.. I do wish it's replaced by his original car in either MT3 DX or MT4.. Also, I'd love to make a Porsche/ Gemballa card. That car just rocks and the design is just amazing.. Too bad the Avalanche didn't make it to the international version. It's just sad that Japanese people try to lessen the contents for the other countries.. I mean, look at the ID4, no online play and IDES international also has no online play.. That just sucks.. We're all humans and people here.. It's the sharing thing we're all lacking right there! I understand they made the game and they should have extra contents but not get some of the major/ fun contents like online play and additional cars.. That just ruined my day, hope they finally realize that and make everything just and fair.. We pay enough to get the full version.. Or at least some update of some sort to get those extra contents.. Personally, I've been waiting for the Evo X and the Avalanche.. Buut~ the Avalanche wouldn't be here with me because of their sick pleasure of making us jealous.. Hey, I'm Asian. I love their culture and I'd love to be a Japanese but I'm saying this because majority of my friends thinks the same. Whew! Long rant, here's my short answer: 911 and YES for Gemballas for MT4!

Its not the japanese people's fault.
-.-'
they cant get the licensing.

and what does it matter if the blackbird is a 350z in the international game?

its still a game, and it'll only matter in storymode.

You're gonna beat it ANYWAY, so why would you care?
PMEmail PosterMSN
cip-mimnunk
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

я32 pwnage!!!!!!!

Member No.: 2,624

i like the idea of three different z's in chapter 80 smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMSN
GetMePower
Posted: Aug 23 2008, 02:17 AM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 2,908

I didn't like the aspect of the Z33 vs. S30. It is mainly because they're part of the Z family, and the Z33 is the grandson of the S30. They belong together and they never ever fight. Using the Z33 vs. S30 aspect is like using the R35 vs. S30 aspect. We know the R35 is hard to tune and the R35 is heavy. It's better when it's Nissan vs. Porsche.

--------------------
This account has been suspended indefinitely.

- The Moderating Team
PMEmail Poster
Mr.K Z/28
Posted: Aug 25 2008, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,243

i thought black bird was an 87' ruf yellowbird painted black.
PMEmail Poster
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 871

yellowbird is a yellowbird LOL the blackbird is not a custom black painted RUF yellowbird.

This post has been edited by BNR34NISMO on Aug 26 2008, 12:25 AM
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (GetMePower @ Aug 23 2008, 08:17 PM)
I didn't like the aspect of the Z33 vs. S30. It is mainly because they're part of the Z family, and the Z33 is the grandson of the S30. They belong together and they never ever fight. Using the Z33 vs. S30 aspect is like using the R35 vs. S30 aspect. We know the R35 is hard to tune and the R35 is heavy. It's better when it's Nissan vs. Porsche.

grandpa versing grandson? dont mind that idea. its kinda like a fight over power, or wisdom (in the case of the S30, power as well).

better get back on topic...
PMEmail PosterMSN
The J
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 02:15 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Licensing laws are different in other countries. As the only non domestic they have in the game, it's understandably more expensive for them to get rights to represent it in the game. Easier to buy Japanese rights for those games and just not give any of the international machines the game. Then they can't be held to pay for licensing if people end up getting the machines where the car hasn't been licensed. It's a cost effectiveness issue.
PMEmail Poster
xKRN_evox
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 121

Still, it would be great seeing the Gemballa in the game as Blackbird. It could attract more people to play since they're Porsches.
PMEmail Poster
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Aug 26 2008, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

you guys want a game that closely resembles maximum tune 3 and still has gemballas?.. i suggest you get tokyo xtreme racer 3. it has all of tokyo(all areas), nagoya(includes streets), and osaka (includes streets). plus the cars are licensed unlike TXR0.
PMEmail Poster
THE GREAT R
Posted: Aug 27 2008, 01:17 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 2,909

I'd like the porsche blackbird cause it's more original
PMEmail PosterYahoo
BNR34NISMO
Posted: Aug 27 2008, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

they have that in TXR0, i made a "blackbird" clone laugh.gif TXR0 is tokyo only, while TXR3 has more courses, tokyo/nagoya/osaka.
PMEmail Poster
okerampa
  Posted: Aug 29 2008, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 2,250

try porche spyder 550, james dean's cursed car
PMEmail Poster
Bheulach
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 3,431

i love the porsche. sylish,quick, suits the driver
i love how it drives in the manga
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
cip-mimnunk
Posted: Aug 29 2008, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

я32 pwnage!!!!!!!

Member No.: 2,624

thats one big as sig man
PMEmail PosterMSN
NRG02
Posted: Nov 28 2009, 12:13 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 6,158

I love the 350z and I love the 911 if you want one then just buy one online.
PMEmail Poster
Paladinoras
Posted: Nov 28 2009, 02:04 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (NRG02 @ 1 hour, 51 minutes ago)
I love the 350z and I love the 911 if you want one then just buy one online.

Ehh....what?
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Nov 28 2009, 02:32 AM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

I'd have to agree with The J on one point, licensing isn't that of an easy task. It involves some big $$$. The cars are copyrighted. Among Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi... getting licenses for their models on the game is easy since connections and networks are quite closely intact. It isn't NAMCO's fault if they cannot ensure a license from Gembella for the international version. It's easy nuff said for the Japanese version, because they already have an ensured license for it from the previous games.

Dare's right as well. It's just something that an AI character would use. You'd still beat it anyways.

It won't matter anyway. Both the Gembella/Porsche 911 and the 350Z are well respected machines.

And do understand their side of things, Steel Heart. It's not a matter of making a group of people jealous over another group. There are limits to what Namco could do at certain moments, that's why they see this to make things better and apologize for anything that won't meet the public's expectations. They're not God or anything that could just simply make magic with this game.

@Mr.K Z/28, maybe it can't be compared to a yellow bird... but a yellow bird IS an old generation CTR. So if the original Gembella used for Blackbird is a Porsche 911 (late 80's model?)... it can be said possibly to be a CTR.

Lastly...

BNR34NISMO, DUDE!!! YOU HAVE THAT!!? Is TXR3 for PS2? If it is, then... by God I've been looking for that for ages! If not... O_o... oh.... sad.gif
Got shots of it? I wanna see!!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll