Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules
This is a section to say hello to the community. Not a section to discuss other random events and interests. Thank you.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Hey to everyone...
Jon Michael
  Posted: Feb 22 2007, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 65

Hello to everyone here, this is an extremely nice site. I hope as time goes on and it grows that it will be even better.

Well, I'm Jon. I'm very passionate about cars, and that being said I love Wangan Midnight. Knew about it for a while, just started reading the manga. I already am into Initial D, as well, but I am not so much into the drift craze that has hit America. I have always loved the expressway driving more. I can't wait for the Wangan Midnight anime, and I hope the subbing project for the movies goes smoothly. Once I get a little more capital I could donate to help out. I've played all of the Tokyo Xtreme games, and of course the Wangan Midnight arcade games. I thought the expressway driving in the F&F game was a decent little start, but they could have made it better. Man, I need to mod/buy a region free PS2 so I can play the game.

Hmmm...what else can I say randomly...I love vocal-trance, house, euro, progressive, and the like. I also am inlove with oldies like Andy Lau, Jackie Cheung, Ekin Cheng, and other chinese singers. I like kpop, and some jpop/rock. I mainly watch chinese/Hong Kong movies, I loved Exiled, Heavenly Mission, and Fatal Contact. I think some really good movies came out this past year. I also like korean dramas and some japanese dramas...

Well, I think that's enough for now lol.

Thanks for making such a great site for me to be part of!

This post has been edited by Jon Michael on Feb 22 2007, 10:25 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Sunzabuto
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 11:30 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Jon Michael @ Today at 10:24 AM)
I already am into Initial D, as well, but I am not so much into the drift craze that has hit America. I have always loved the expressway driving more.

THANK YOU! It makes me a little pissed off becouse eversince F&F Tokyo Drift came out whenever I mention Wangan or Initial D people assume I got into is becouse of the movie! Now when I go to the arcades by my house there is always a group of people who refrence everthing to Tokyo Drift. Example: The other day when I when to play Maxi2 there was about 15 N class cars left by the machine with the name DRIFT and aaaaa. And as I was doing time attacks there was some guys standing behing me saying" They made this game to cash in on that Fast and Furious movie..." In my mind I was screaming " THIS GAME IS ABOUT HIGHWAY RACEING YOU MORON!!!!" and when I was doing some battles in ID the other day the groups of people watching kept saying things like " Look at that kid trying to be like DK from Tokyo Drift.." and " WOW this game is just like Tokyo Drift!" Americans can be such ignorant people sometimes....
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Zanaduz
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 63

Wholly agreed about the drifting thing... I get that too here sometimes. dry.gif

Fortunately, most of them are completely clueless on how to race w/ WMMT or IDs3.

So when they come up and challenge me, it's a ludicrously easy win... grin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Hara
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Member No.: 1

Welcome to Wangan Midnight Expressway Forums, I hope you enjoy your stay here.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Blazingluke
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 60

So people started noticing the machines when Tokyo Drift came out...interesting.

One title that tried to cash in was Tokyo Extreme Racer: Drift. It is actually Genki's Kaido Battle (1 or 2, I don't remember), but under a different name and released at a budget price.

How is Tokyo Drift anyway?

And what can we do to make people realize that Tokyo Drift was created because of the fame Wangan Midnight and Initial D already had?

And I suppose I should welcome the guy at the top too...but I'm also new at this forum...hmmm
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
MidNghtDvl
Posted: Mar 10 2007, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 56

Well, my name is MidNghtDvl and I live in the always sunny Gold Coast of Australia.

I only really got into Wangan MidNight ever since I moved with my family to a complex closer to a cinema. Since then, WM's been my entire life since moving. One of my friends think it's a waste of money playing an arcade game, but there's no other game like it. And it's not waste if you enjoy it.

Blazingluke: Tokyo Drift sucked balls! The guy who wrote it obviously never watched the first two in the franchise. I've never heard a more suckier line than "It's not the ride, but the rider". That line sucked. I feel sorry for the director and the actors who had to make that shit. The only things I liked were the cameo of Dori-kin (Keiichi Tsuchiya) and the drifting. How the hell did Rhys Millen get that Z33 so close not to scratch it!?

Well, that's enough about my rantings. Oh, and if anyone who lives near Reading Cinemas Harbour Town uses this forum, feel free to challenge me. Anytime, my friend, anytime.
PMEmail Poster
Daviticus
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 10:00 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 82

Hello hello! I've just recently found your forums, and definitely like the flavor and atmosphere. Looks very promising.

I'm Dave, and I'm the owner/admin of WanganMidnight.com Forums. I'm a big car/truck guy, and love to drive. All aspects - autocross, rally, road coursing - I can't get enough of it. I've played WMMT2 a total of maybe 30 hours, but loved every second of it. wink2.gif

Just thought I'd say hello, introduce myself, and meet some cool folks as interested in the WM series as I am.

-Dave
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLYahooMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 13 2007, 12:10 PM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Member No.: 4

Welcome to the forums.

I figured I'd see some old faces from wanganmidnight.com pop up eventually on this site. This forum hasnt been around that long but as you can see its heading off into a good direction.

As always, if you have any questions towards WM, manga or game, please feel free to ask. Its always nice to have some discussions.

And btw, Im also a member of wanganmidnight.com. My tag was Kogashiwa. Less of poster, more of reader.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Hara
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Welcome Daviticus, Its an honour to have you here. Enjoy your stay.
Sunzabuto
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

*honor* sorry, had to do it....
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Member No.: 4

Sunzabuto. What exactly did that post contribute?

Making a post correcting a fellow member's grammical errors has no room in this thread, nor in the forum. I seriously consider that you look over the forum guidelines if you havent in the first place.

PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Hara
Posted: Mar 14 2007, 09:11 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Sunzabuto, Like AsakuraZ has said, correcting someone's grammatical error does not contribute anything to this thread or the forum. You have spammed on the forum quite a bit.

Read The Guidelines.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honour
Sunzabuto
  Posted: Mar 15 2007, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

I just got back on here, havent been on since saturday night, probably my friends using my account since I leave it logged in on my Wii all day.

Sorry about that but I didnt do it and had no idea about it, I dont make posts correcting others considering I have pretty bad spelling myself, and I knew Honour was a derivitive of Honor. Plus, why if I were to correct anyone would it be an ADMIN who would warn me or something???

p.s.- Almost forgot the reason I came to the thread, WELCOME TO THE FORUMS DAVE ENJOY!!!!

This post has been edited by Sunzabuto on Mar 15 2007, 10:10 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Jon Michael
Posted: Mar 15 2007, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Member No.: 65

Actually, it's honor that is derived from honour...personally, I use the Queen's English when I write as well. So, it's all honour, colour, centre, theatre, etc...

Welcome everyone else, you will quickly find that this is a GOLDMINE of Wangan Midnight knowledge.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Midnight Star
Posted: Mar 25 2007, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

Welcome to the honor/honour forums. Oh shush you guys lol.

Anyway. What i really wanted to say was...
Where on earth do you find a 4 lane wide touge. Seriously. Tokyo Drift Sucked. I don't think any of it was actually filmed in Tokyo. Plus it's so unrealistic. I hated the touge scenes. You'd see the cars sway horribly when the camera was in the cabin. Are these guys on stock suspension or something coz the bodyroll was horrible. Gayest movie ever. Gave a bad name to drifting and exhadurated the underground streetracing scene. It was like they pissed on the culture. And they gave the Veilside fortune demo car that crap orange paintwork. I liked it better when it was purple.
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll