Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Test Drive Unlimited 2
Hero*
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Derp!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,367

I'm jealous of your money. Mind me for help? How do get money quick ? Play unfinished cup?
PMEmail PosterMSN
TB_InuYash_X
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,334

The two cups at the end give you money.

First Cup 2.5 Million
Last Cup 5 Million. smile.gif

The championships on Hawaii, PAY BIG!! >_>;

That's all I did. ;P
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Feb 16 2011, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,552

Picked it up for PS3 today, I usually like to get these sort of games on the 360 'cause most of my friends have them on 360.

But they only had the PS3 copy where I went, and I just wanted to go home from there. rofl
PMEmail Poster
Hero*
Posted: Feb 17 2011, 03:57 AM
Quote Post

Derp!

Nice prize of money lol. I got one million Buck cup.
After I win. Ill buy house of course

[ Post merged on Feb 17 2011, 11:12 PM ]
i found out im on 2nd island?! D:
PMEmail PosterMSN
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Feb 22 2011, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,943

Didn't actually buy it but whatever. I might buy it one day.
I played this on the PC with everything maxed out except anti aliasing which I kept it 4x.
I am a huge fan of the first TDU so it's fair to say that I can compare these two games.
Allright, after 30 minutes of playing, I have major criticism on this game I'll start with the good ones.
+Good graphics, a major leap forward to the old TDU.
+A storyline, this is always welcome although this one is a bit cliché
+Much more customization, neat features, decorating the house, car and so on...
+Bigger Island = Exploration Fun, I love cruising in the old TDU so bigger is better
+Better car sounds, although a bit, it's still a small improvement.
+Dynamic weather, makes things realistic
+Avatar control, controlling the avatar in first person mode is nice.
Now the bad ones.
-HORRIBLE GEAR CHANGES! When changing gears, it feels really weird, it's not smooth changes but really rough ones.
-Horrible characters and voice acting. Could really make up some polish
-Driving License is totally not necessary. This is a arcade racer, there's no need for lessons. This is like living in a fantasy world while being taught politics. It makes no sense. In a simulation yes but not in this.
-Physics are not that great. In the first TDU, the car feels planted and you can feel the road. In TDU2, the car seems to be floating and, well it simply sucks it reminds me of GRID which I really hated. So much for trying to merge arcade and simulation.
-Really sensitive steering. I play using the SIXAXIS with MotionInJoy, a program that allows your PS3 controller to act as a joystick for the PC, it works great but in this game, the steering is really sensitive, it's nice for some situations but not ideal if you want to cruise.
-Brakes are over exaggerated. It feels that cars have carbon ceramic brakes
-FRIM is useless. No need for explanation.
-The ability to use the clutch in a controller is gone. In the first TDU, I used left stick up to engage the clutch, square to change gear down and circle to change gear up, you can do that in the first TDU but not this one. It's only H-Shifter+Clutch which means that I need to assign 7 separate buttons on the controller in order to work which is impossible.
There are lots of negative things on this game but I'm stopping here.
I rate this game 6.9/10 while TDU I rate 8.3/10. This is a not worthy successor and it's a shame but I will keep playing it just for fun which in this game does somewhat well but not as much as the 1st one. I'm being generous here because today's games are well maintained by the devs by patches.
I will still give Eden Games kudos for making a sequel, I love their ideas, they are fresh and unique but it's a shame it's poorly executed. I want to love this game as I do with the first one but I can't.

Edit @TB_InuYash_X (OP):
Not to be mean or captain obvious but there's already a thread with the exact name on page 2 in this board section. It would be good if they merged.

This post has been edited by Bloody_Monday on Feb 22 2011, 07:22 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
TB_InuYash_X
Posted: Feb 23 2011, 06:27 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (Bloody_Monday @ Yesterday, 7:12 PM)
Didn't actually buy it but whatever. I might buy it one day.
I played this on the PC with everything maxed out except anti aliasing which I kept it 4x.
I am a huge fan of the first TDU so it's fair to say that I can compare these two games.
Allright, after 30 minutes of playing, I have major criticism on this game I'll start with the good ones.
+Good graphics, a major leap forward to the old TDU.
+A storyline, this is always welcome although this one is a bit cliché
+Much more customization, neat features, decorating the house, car and so on...
+Bigger Island = Exploration Fun, I love cruising in the old TDU so bigger is better
+Better car sounds, although a bit, it's still a small improvement.
+Dynamic weather, makes things realistic
+Avatar control, controlling the avatar in first person mode is nice.
Now the bad ones.
-HORRIBLE GEAR CHANGES! When changing gears, it feels really weird, it's not smooth changes but really rough ones.
-Horrible characters and voice acting. Could really make up some polish
-Driving License is totally not necessary. This is a arcade racer, there's no need for lessons. This is like living in a fantasy world while being taught politics. It makes no sense. In a simulation yes but not in this.
-Physics are not that great. In the first TDU, the car feels planted and you can feel the road. In TDU2, the car seems to be floating and, well it simply sucks it reminds me of GRID which I really hated. So much for trying to merge arcade and simulation.
-Really sensitive steering. I play using the SIXAXIS with MotionInJoy, a program that allows your PS3 controller to act as a joystick for the PC, it works great but in this game, the steering is really sensitive, it's nice for some situations but not ideal if you want to cruise.
-Brakes are over exaggerated. It feels that cars have carbon ceramic brakes
-FRIM is useless. No need for explanation.
-The ability to use the clutch in a controller is gone. In the first TDU, I used left stick up to engage the clutch, square to change gear down and circle to change gear up, you can do that in the first TDU but not this one. It's only H-Shifter+Clutch which means that I need to assign 7 separate buttons on the controller in order to work which is impossible.
There are lots of negative things on this game but I'm stopping here.
I rate this game 6.9/10 while TDU I rate 8.3/10. This is a not worthy successor and it's a shame but I will keep playing it just for fun which in this game does somewhat well but not as much as the 1st one. I'm being generous here because today's games are well maintained by the devs by patches.
I will still give Eden Games kudos for making a sequel, I love their ideas, they are fresh and unique but it's a shame it's poorly executed. I want to love this game as I do with the first one but I can't.

Edit @TB_InuYash_X (OP):
Not to be mean or captain obvious but there's already a thread with the exact name on page 2 in this board section. It would be good if they merged.

Geesh, that thread is pretty old. I expected if there was a thread for TDU2, it would have been on the first page, because it was around its release date. I never thought about looking on the second page.

[ Post merged on Feb 23 2011, 10:29 AM ]
I'm opening my stream right now if anyone wants to watch the game.
www.justin.tv/tb_inuyasha_x
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Feb 23 2011, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,943

Even though I hate the game, I still think it's fun but I can't help but think about those little faults. Such as:
Exaggerated braking power. In the game, you can stop a Range Rover Sport from 120 to 0 so ferociously, that's not good.
Sequential gear changes are ABYSMAL. They are jerky and makes you go much slower. Where's the sequential+clutch option?
Needs better sense of speed.
The physics needs rework.
The sticker feature is completely rubbish. It's impossible to add even simple racing stripes.
Etc...
I know they're going to fix these problems but please, do it.
TB_InuYash_X
Posted: Mar 18 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Here's a little club race video.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi4Dx2kbu-w )
GT3 RS
Posted: May 31 2011, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Member No.: 5,053

Anyone still play this?

Just got it today and Im in love with it.

Its a shame I have to wait to redeem my DBS Carbon Black because of the PS Store outage.
PM
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: May 31 2011, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

Bah I badly want this game but I'm still broke. : (
Hero*
Posted: Jun 1 2011, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Derp!

i traded it back, doesn't like it and did finished em all.

i prefer TDU1 tbh.
PMEmail PosterMSN
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 14 2011, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

I like the game for the most part. But here are things that I dont like. GT5 wins in some of these.

-You cant paint or change rims,or the interior.
-Photo mode sucks. You should be able to export photos to your PS3 photo folder.
-Sticker shop sucks. You cant even make simple racing stripes,and you have to pay a hefty price for just one sticker when you first buy the sticker book its in. Also,when your sticking them,its very sensitive.
-Voice acting sucks.
-Customization is very limited.
-Cant sell cars. You can only trade them in when your garage is full. You cant sell duel cars either. That pink Mustang is hideous and just wastes a space.

Overall,I give this game 8/10. I like that you have a large environment to just roam in. Car selection is great,and unlike GT5,all cars have interior view. tongue.gif
I like the idea of finding wrecked cars too. Graphics are great. I like how you can change the style of your paint too.

Before my save got corrupted,I had these in my garage (in addition to the duel cars):
Ferrari 16M
Ferrari 458
Ferrari 308
RUF R Turbo
Lotus Evora
Lancia Delta
Audi S5
Mercedes ML63
Mercedes 300SL
Aston Martin DB9 Volante
Aston Martin DBS
A redemption code for a DBS Carbon Black
Bugatti Veyron
Nissan 370Z
Alfa Romeo Brera

PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Anyone still play this? We FINALLY got some DLC. ZR1, SL65 Black Series, ACR Viper, F40, 250 GTO, and bikes. Also, new clothes and furniture. I DLed the update last night and am about to pop it in.
PM
TB_InuYash_X
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ 55 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
Anyone still play this? We FINALLY got some DLC. ZR1, SL65 Black Series, ACR Viper, F40, 250 GTO, and bikes. Also, new clothes and furniture. I DLed the update last night and am about to pop it in.

I still play.. sort of...
Made a video of the dlc, eh - heh.. just a cruise video, didn't show everything. ^^;

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFzSX5keL4M )

Edit 1: I clicked for the new wmexpressway you got in your signature.. got to say, NEED MOAR!!! lol.. I'm going to visit every website like this nao.. xD

This post has been edited by TB_InuYash_X on Jun 1 2012, 05:20 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Jun 1 2012, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

not necessarily 100% TDU2, mu upcoming video does feature the more detailed and refined garages & house lounge shots of TDU2 mixed with TDU1's gameplay (I used TDU1 because of the car list and what not and the tons of mods around the net that I'm using) Anyone interested, then just check my youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/user/MyogiWarrior34
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 14 2012, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

I discovered a money glitch. Made 10 million yesterday and so far have made 20 million today.

BUY ALL THE CARS!!! BUY ALL THE HOUSES!!!
user posted image

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on Jun 14 2012, 09:03 PM
PM
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 15 2012, 01:10 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ 4 hours, 7 minutes ago)
I discovered a money glitch. Made 10 million yesterday and so far have made 20 million today.

BUY ALL THE CARS!!! BUY ALL THE HOUSES!!!
user posted image

go on

i need a reason to play this again

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jun 15 2012, 01:11 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Hero*
Posted: Jun 15 2012, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

Derp!

I might buy this game again. cos I'm back to collect more ps3 games.
PMEmail PosterMSN
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 16 2012, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ Yesterday, 3:10 AM)
go on

i need a reason to play this again

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtjxSN0zCGw&feature=relmfu )

If you don't want to watch the video, here are the steps.

Follow these to get everything ready for the exploit. Preferably, you need at least a million dollars.

1. Before starting the game, back up the save file to a USB stick.
2. Start the game.
3. Once your car comes up in the open world, pause the game and go to "Challenge Editor" and create a challenge.
4. Create a "Speed Solo" challenge.
5. Once you select the type of challenge, go to "Editor" and find a nice long stretch of road to place the starting point on.
6. Once 5 is done, go to "Settings" and put these settings. For countdown or whatever, put 10 seconds; min. speed maybe 40-45; and traffic as no stars. No restrictions.
7. Now, test your challenge. This is mandatory. If you set the limit as 45, do maybe 50 for the ten seconds.
8. After you have tested it, hit "Save". After that, hit "Transfer".
9. VERY IMPORTANT. After you hit Transfer, a screen will pop up with some options. Set the fee as $100,000, the reward as $1,000,000, the event duration as one day, and the visibility to friends.

Now, the event has been uploaded to the TDU2 server. Here is where it gets fun.

1. Go to the Community Racing Center (on Ibiza, it's near your first trailer; on Oahu, it's on the east side near the Mercedes dealer). Once you enter, go to the left to the section of the bar that has all of the drinks.
2. Find your challenge. It shouldn't be hard, as this is the "Private Challenges" area.
3. Now, once you find your challenge, enter it. It will cost you $100,000.
4. You can beat your own record and get a million dollars, but it will only work once.
5. If you already got the million, simply keep retrying the event. You don't even have to accelerate off the line. Just pause and hit Retry.
6. Once you are out of money, exit the game entirely and reload the save that you copied to your USB. Then repeat these six steps.
7. Once the event is over, reload your original save and start the game. You collect the profit usually after the intro screen goes off.

Once the event ends, you get all of the fees that you put in there. So, if you had a million, and you repeated the six steps four times and put 4 million in there plus a million dollar reward for beating your own record, you would get 5 million on top of your original million. Get what I'm saying?

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on Jun 16 2012, 09:02 PM
PM
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 12:02 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

:| so much effort LOL.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
GT3 RS
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 1 hour, 13 minutes ago)
:| so much effort LOL.

lol not really. It looks long but it's actually pretty easy to do. lol
PM
yukbumer
Posted: May 23 2014, 06:35 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 9,786

some decent tips, loved test drive unlimited!
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll