Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

10 Pages  « 8 9 10  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Episodes 11-12
Sparrow
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,109

surelly..

some where sometime ago i readed that the DevilZ achieved eventualy
SPOILER

Still it will be interesting how the explain the laptop.. Kitami sure does hate fuel injection and the DevilZ uses carburators..

still if you dont know i will tell you that you can measure the power of any car with a PC and the car not having even fuel injection or ECU .. it was a trick that produced curiously acurate results (not as acurate as a dyno ..but they could do to tell you how its your engine).

You have to clamp a device to one of the ignitors cable.. the device was easy and cheap to make...(i would had to search for it now but dont renember what was exactly right now) then that device (wich was some short of rolled cable) is conected to a 3.5 audio jack..
the issue was you had to perform some tests in the car (acelerating in 2nd gear from 2000rpm to max and then letting go or something like)while the 3.5mm audio jack is conected to an audio recorder..
then you play the audio recorder into a PC to save the sound in WAV format..and a program used that audio file to ( after entering some parameters , like weight, gear ratios.. final drive.. number of cylinders.. etc) generate a power curve..

now im sure that can be done directly plugging the audio jack to the audio-in of a laptop and do the thing in real time

this is the "home made" device:

user posted image

(eagle eyed will notice is the good old 1.8 PB engine)

used in the car of a member of our VW club.. and the curve the software gave him:

user posted image

This post has been edited by Sparrow on Jul 5 2008, 06:26 AM
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
hrdrifter
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 2,852

thanks for not hiding the spoilers guys....
PMEmail Poster
Sparrow
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (PanzerAce @ Today at 1:08 AM)
Those lines might just be EGR/AFR sensors

Every time i have to set the CO and idle and mixture in my car.. the mechanic puts a probe in the exaust of the car (that sounds a lot like gay sex isnt?) and clamps a... clamp with cable to one of the ignitors cables.. those are then 3 cables going from the car to a machine.. and none of them are even remotely conected to the car's ECU..
also i have seen other probe wich goes into the oil dipstick to measure oil temp..

You can have plenty of cables going into a car from a machine/computer with the car being still carburated.

And for the power graph

SPOILER
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
PanzerAce
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,725

I am entirely aware that 9k is alot, though you obviously don't know that SOHC vs DOHC doesn't change the rev limit. Further, the head is NOT the limiting factor on L series engines, it is the crank and everything attached to it.
PMEmail Poster
Sparrow
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Well.. SOHC engines ussually are 2 valve per cylinder (as is in the Z) wich usually limit the breathing in high revs.. (and get better in low-mid range) while 4 valve per cylinder (ussualy DOHC, but there are plenty exceptions, FIAT engines from the 70s were DOHC with 2 valve per cylinder and Honda has some engines with 4 valve per cylinder and SOHC) breath great but the low speed of the air punishes low-revs power..

of course in a SOHC we can use a high-cross (not sure how its called in english) cam to get efficient to high rpm, wich is sure the case of the Z.. curiosly SOHC engines wich cams tunned for high rpm tend to be quite "unestable sound" in low rpms and the Z is quiet in idle
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
PanzerAce
Posted: Jul 5 2008, 10:00 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,725

I believe the term you are looking for is a 'hot' cam, one with alot of overlap, with extended opening windows and high lift.

Speaking as someone that HAS and DRIVES a hot cammed three liter L series every day, streetability is not an issue. The real issue is that most modern drivers suck as modulating the clutch and accelerator. Saying a cam is unstreetable is basically saying that you don't know how to prevent it from stalling. Sure, there are some cams that truely can't be used on the street in a rational manner, but that begs the question as to why you are driving it.

Also, remember, the Devil Z is a blown motor, so breathing isn't much of an issue.
PMEmail Poster
cain
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 24

QUOTE ("SuperjakkoTM")
I haven't seen Derkzero's copy of 13 yet but it's got such good reviews that i'll probably just leave it (or do it for myself).

Don't leave it, please. Your subs are much clearer than darkzero's. (At least for me smile2.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
awretham
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 3,192

I’ve just found something I thought may be of interest, although I haven’t watched it all (though I’m just about to) I know it’s got English subs;

Wangan Midnight Ep 12 Sub

Enjoy grin2.gif
Sparrow
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (PanzerAce @ Yesterday at 10:00 PM)
Also, remember, the Devil Z is a blown motor, so breathing isn't much of an issue.

Yes.. i didnt said it was unstreatable or unstable..only that they tend to have a caracteristic sound.. but is right..that is mitigated in blown engines..
tought does the turbo blow enought air in idle? i mean.. i had tought turbos usually dont blow much in idle speeds (800-1100rpm)..

also true is that i dont renember now how high is the idle in the devil-Z .. it may be quite high
PMEmail PosterICQMSN
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 08:51 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

QUOTE (carlover666 @ Jul 1 2008, 09:28 AM)
Hey there SuperjakkoTM,

first off thank you for providing us with this nice subs smile.gif

But I don't get this "omg my upload breaks when someone downloads a unfinished file" thing - no ftp server i know would care and every ftp client can continue a cancelled transfer... oO

And if you want people not to try and download unfinished files just add a CRC checksum in the filename like every other fansub group or just some random gibberish so that noone can download it before you published the url / or changed the filename back.

Thanks a lot, you ruined it. See, I only said that because most people here don't understand a damn thing about the technical workings of an FTP server. But man, if I say that trying to use the link before it's done uploading will break it? That makes the fools stop trying! Seriously, it works!

But not any more, because you spoiled it. Oh well, I'll take your CRC idea and make it physically impossible instead. Just a little more work.

Anyway, sorry for not being around, it's been a kinda ridiculous couple of days. I'll go ahead and update the first post... bah.

Bah.
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 6 2008, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Member No.: 223

QUOTE (mike962 @ Yesterday at 1:26 AM)
But if you watch episode 17 you see that the Devil Z is messed around with a laptop by a guy and Kitami side by side

So perhaps the Devil Z also gets an upgrade

See pics

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/2861/sn...05112223nq9.jpg
http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/5746/sn...05112304sk6.jpg
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8227/sn...05112204zi1.jpg

It's easy to misunderstand if you don't know what's being said.

Tominaga wanted to swap the Devil Z over to electronic fuel injection and ignition, but Akio refused, saying that while he didn't mind Tominaga tuning the Devil Z, he wanted it to remain a Carbeurated motor, and that he wanted the "power" to remain the same. Normally you'd think he'd give up, but instead he came back with a bunch of sensors and logging equipment and just took readings while driving around the Wangan.

From that, he found that the "power" Akio was talking about was most likely the torque curve, so they could actually increase the horsepower without altering the dynamics Akio had been talking about.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread, since this is about episode 12. I expect the discussion on this topic to end.
PMEmail Poster
BearZ
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 01:44 AM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

ty for EP12 !!!
Calx Zinra
Posted: Jul 8 2008, 06:29 AM
Quote Post