• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Sig Warning Image
RUBY
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,951

I have noticed some people's sig warning images pop up now and then.. I know it depends on screen resolution etc..
so how do you exactly find out if you over the limit.
I have look at some other people's sigs and the image is over 200px so how does this work out?
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
MaxX
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

I don't see why it matters at all, because you should be following the signature rules regardless, but, this is taken straight from the forum guidelines:

• Max. size limit for avatar is 100KB (102,400 bytes)

• Max. size limit for signature is 150KB (153,600 bytes)

• Do not post anything obscene in your avatar and/or signature.

• (IMAGE) Max. dimension for signature is 600pixel (width) x 200pixel (height). You'll be contact via PM by one of the moderators if your signature exceed the max. dimension mentioned above. You'll have 24 hours to either remove or resize the image(s) in your signature. Fail to do so within 24 hours will result in complete removal of your signature.

• (TEXT) Max. limit for signature is 10 lines. However if you use some large size font, the maximum limit will varied and will be judged by one of the moderators. If one of the moderators think your signature is too big, you must either shorten or remove some lines in your signature. Fail to do so will result in complete removal of your signature.

• If your signature exceeds the max. limit by too much, it will be removed without any warning.

• There are no limit on the number of graphics you can have in your signature, but they must be equal or less than the max. dimension and the max. size limit.

Every forum has a rules/guidelines page like this that always deals with signature and avatar size restrictions, a little poking around could've saved you from having to make this thread.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RUBY
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

QUOTE (MaxX @ 3 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
I don't see why it matters at all, because you should be following the signature rules regardless, but, this is taken straight from the forum guidelines:

• Max. size limit for avatar is 100KB (102,400 bytes)

• Max. size limit for signature is 150KB (153,600 bytes)

• Do not post anything obscene in your avatar and/or signature.

• (IMAGE) Max. dimension for signature is 600pixel (width) x 200pixel (height). You'll be contact via PM by one of the moderators if your signature exceed the max. dimension mentioned above. You'll have 24 hours to either remove or resize the image(s) in your signature. Fail to do so within 24 hours will result in complete removal of your signature.

• (TEXT) Max. limit for signature is 10 lines. However if you use some large size font, the maximum limit will varied and will be judged by one of the moderators. If one of the moderators think your signature is too big, you must either shorten or remove some lines in your signature. Fail to do so will result in complete removal of your signature.

• If your signature exceeds the max. limit by too much, it will be removed without any warning.

• There are no limit on the number of graphics you can have in your signature, but they must be equal or less than the max. dimension and the max. size limit.

Every forum has a rules/guidelines page like this that always deals with signature and avatar size restrictions, a little poking around could've saved you from having to make this thread.

yes i read thru them a few times, but like i mentioned, i have seen people's sigs over the 200px height.. i was wasn't sure if the sig warning image was really accurate. at all.

but fair enough.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
MaxX
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 07:03 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Any examples? Can't comment on oversized sigs if I don't see any.

This post has been edited by MaxX on Jul 5 2009, 07:06 AM
RUBY
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

QUOTE (MaxX @ 6 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Any examples? Can't comment on oversized sigs if I don't see any.

ohhh, i'll have to have a look around when it comes up again.

I just thought i address that i have seen some.

when i see one next, i'll print screen.
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
MaxX
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Don't print screen, just link the user's image.
RUBY
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

WME Banned Member

alright.

can i PM to u?

This post has been edited by K&S<3 on Jul 5 2009, 07:06 PM
PMUsers WebsiteMSN
Midnight Star
Posted: Jul 5 2009, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

the image warning pops up when a signature exceeds 200 pixels. This includes text. There's no real exceptions. Don't see what the problem is
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll