Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Forza Horizon 3, xBox/PC Crossplay!
WRX22B1998
Posted: Mar 2 2017, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (dos4te @ Today, 12:38 AM)
it's been a few days since i've started, but i'm already hooked, line and sinker. somehow the awd drivetrain works wonders on the miata, altho it only reaches around 250 km/h.

you can push it a bit further with gear ratios but not a lot.

it's a noticeable difference with high hp cars though, my modded r35 went from 330-340kmh top speed to like 400+ just by fixing setup

Does anyone have the Infiniti Q50 Eau Rouge? Probably my favourite model from them.....

it's in my garage i think, untouched laugh.gif

AWD noob

not as bad as one friend of my cousins, we always went to drift zones and he came out with like 5-10k more points than anyone. later we found out he's using awd converted stuff rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Mar 2 2017, 12:23 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Deskyx
Posted: Mar 2 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 8 hours, 55 minutes ago)
not as bad as one friend of my cousins, we always went to drift zones and he came out with like 5-10k more points than anyone. later we found out he's using awd converted stuff rolleyes.gif

I know they're so much easier to drive, but I really hate the handling. I had an AWD Ford GT for S1 class racing and dear god the understeer. Considering making a Zagato as my S1 RWD runner.
PMEmail Poster
dos4te
Posted: Mar 2 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,580

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Today, 9:17 AM)
I know they're so much easier to drive, but I really hate the handling. I had an AWD Ford GT for S1 class racing and dear god the understeer. Considering making a Zagato as my S1 RWD runner.

just noticed this with my S2 R34, the understeer can be very horrible at some timings, but for casual B/A class cruising, the AWD is really comfortable considering you won't be cornering at such high speeds.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
dos4te
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 06:04 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 10,580

I've been playing around with the decals and came up with a design, on the mx-5 and s30. pic dump :
SPOILER

the bodykit on s30 makes it easier to put more decals smh, but the oversized fenders kinda ruined it.
planning to awd the s30 and keep the mx-5 as FR (with 787B engine lel)

This post has been edited by dos4te on Mar 4 2017, 06:13 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
CarlRaven
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

The 787B engine swap option is also used on some other cars, I think I saw it on the FD, Kouki S14 and S15.

Too bad you can't tune it that much though...... If there were an option, tune it to 1200HP, as used in Mad Mike's Formula Drift Radbul NC.
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ 6 hours, 12 minutes ago)
The 787B engine swap option is also used on some other cars, I think I saw it on the FD, Kouki S14 and S15.

Too bad you can't tune it that much though...... If there were an option, tune it to 1200HP, as used in Mad Mike's Formula Drift Radbul NC.

4 ROTOR ROCKET BUNNIEZ S14 DRIFT BUILD - ever f**king "racing" youtuber.

How does a 4 rotor sound so bad in game? The 2 rotor sounds so much better.
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Mar 4 2017, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Yeah, the 4-rotor doesn't sound that great.

Even Project CARS got the engine sound right for Mad Mike's NC.

Edit: From one of my YT subs:

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_MGIeXqY3E )

This post has been edited by CarlRaven on Mar 5 2017, 05:04 AM
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Mar 7 2017, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Duracell Car Pack is out!

Favourites:
2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Jaguar XES
Nissan NISMO GT-R LM
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Mar 13 2017, 05:47 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 8,833

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2560 x 1440. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 11:43 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

If anyone is still playing, they put the blizzard mountain and a few other DLC for half price
Deskyx
Posted: Mar 29 2017, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 3 hours, 51 minutes ago)
If anyone is still playing, they put the blizzard mountain and a few other DLC for half price

I am still playing. You never seem to be on dry.gif
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Yesterday, 10:35 AM)
I am still playing. You never seem to be on dry.gif

hahahah yeah i havent played for a long time, since im back at work its just work, come home go on pc for an hour or two, dinner then tv/bed

weekends ive been at arcade basically every week lol
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Damn teredo issues right in the forzathon duration, and I know I'm not the only one.

In any case IMO the R26B sound is fine if taken as a direct rip or close dupe of the 787B. Not some 1200hp junkie where obviously the overall setup makes it sound totally different.

There are cars where the sounds are far worse (read: R34 GT-R and anything with the RB26 swap from it).

This post has been edited by MiLKYredriot on Mar 31 2017, 10:51 PM
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ 32 minutes, 12 seconds ago)
Damn teredo issues right in the forzathon duration, and I know I'm not the only one.

In any case IMO the R26B sound is fine if taken as a direct rip or close dupe of the 787B. Not some 1200hp junkie where obviously the overall setup makes it sound totally different.

There are cars where the sounds are far worse (read: R34 GT-R and anything with the RB26 swap from it).

The Lambo engines in this game sound like absolute shit. Jesus I know Aventadors don't sound as good as murcies but this game's sound department is almost as bad as The Crew.

Also getting very tempted to switch my Laferrari to AWD.. I simply can't win without sheer luck.
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Mar 31 2017, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

I'm not fond of some of the engine sounds in-game. Project CARS sounds way better.

I'm guessing a lot of people are going for the long-awaited Sesto Elemento.

This post has been edited by CarlRaven on Mar 31 2017, 11:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 03:42 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

car sounds could be better (but ive heard worse ahem gt) but they got the handling pretty well (not super challenging but not incredibly easy either) and gameplay is decent.

besides the customisation in this shits all over whatever project cars has to offer (does it even have modding?)
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

come back to me when you can fly your VS HSV AND drift around a roundabout in front of a pub

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Apr 2 2017, 03:48 AM
CarlRaven
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

You're talking about two different types of driving games. One is a simulation, the other is open-world. So the comparisons end there.

Also, PCars has modding, like putting in extra cars, crew chief engineer, setups database, and of course, custom liveries! PC only though.

Don't forget though, Mad Mike's MX-5, Gumpert apollo S, RUF cars, are in Project CARS. FH3 doesn't.

This post has been edited by CarlRaven on Apr 2 2017, 04:45 AM
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 01:45 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ 9 hours, 4 minutes ago)
You're talking about two different types of driving games. One is a simulation, the other is open-world. So the comparisons end there.

Also, PCars has modding, like putting in extra cars, crew chief engineer, setups database, and of course, custom liveries! PC only though.

Don't forget though, Mad Mike's MX-5, Gumpert apollo S, RUF cars, are in Project CARS. FH3 doesn't.

Ye but FH3 actually has a player base.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 2 2017, 11:39 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ Yesterday, 10:41 PM)

honestly i dunno why you jump into a forza thread to rubbish forza

go talk about pcars/real racing 3/LFS/assetto corsa in their own thread

Also, PCars has modding unofficial third party modding

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Apr 2 2017, 11:41 PM
CarlRaven
Posted: Apr 3 2017, 04:43 AM
Quote Post

Alright, I'm sorry for going off-topic, and for bringing other games into the picture.
PMEmail Poster
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 9 2017, 01:02 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

I guess the party chat and whatever will be a no-go for me until I can fix my Teredo woes to the W10 server with a complete reset... at least I still have a workaround for when a forzathon kicks in, but I don't like passing the buck to a 3rd party for an MS problem. whistling.gif

You guys don't always play on weekends I assume?

Way I see it, WMMT is still the core interest here... well, I won't apologise for being sick of it. But with my current connectivity issues, I wouldn't hang around for too long on a freeroam server either... plus there's better things to do.

Then again, better to be silent over the interwebz... have never switched on the voice.

Why is a problem being created here when so many games out there don't face such a problem. Unless if they were really trying to account for all (???)5M+ players in one go but I kinda doubt the traffic ever got that high, even at Day 1...
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 02:02 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ Apr 9 2017, 07:02 PM)
I guess the party chat and whatever will be a no-go for me until I can fix my Teredo woes to the W10 server with a complete reset... at least I still have a workaround for when a forzathon kicks in, but I don't like passing the buck to a 3rd party for an MS problem. whistling.gif

You guys don't always play on weekends I assume?

Way I see it, WMMT is still the core interest here... well, I won't apologise for being sick of it. But with my current connectivity issues, I wouldn't hang around for too long on a freeroam server either... plus there's better things to do.

Then again, better to be silent over the interwebz... have never switched on the voice.

Why is a problem being created here when so many games out there don't face such a problem. Unless if they were really trying to account for all (???)5M+ players in one go but I kinda doubt the traffic ever got that high, even at Day 1...

generally (if at all) i play weekend unless i organised to play weeknight since im working during the week usually cant be bothered to do anything. if you guys wanted to i can play weeknight (im usually home around 6pm onwards, gmt+10) if we organise it beforehand.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Apr 11 2017, 02:05 AM
MiLKYredriot
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

I'm licking wounds for now, idgaf about the XP board at this point, but win ratio dropped .5 points to the percentile in just 10 or so rounds, damn...

S2 races have always been, and will continue to be too brutal, the clean racers are prepared to the max with race-tyre AWD machinery that'll still turn even with the tyres screeching while the dirty racers ALSO pay no heed to the XP board and will do anything to get in front.

Could not place a podium finish this time... Zonda while still retaining original FR drivetrain I could only place 4th max by chance, and this gamepad rears its ugly head again, keeps jamming at the wrong moment resetting the steering to centre...

I very rarely run the downforce aero parts because I think T10 never be bothered to spend a budget hiring at least a small team of some sort for custom aero art, like EA did for NFS, most of the aero stuff as a whole hasn't really changed from FM1, sigh... ugly little piece, but it helps to win races...

Then again I wasn't prepared anyway, all my competitive cars, I had them at X class for wangan-style freeroam since I virtually never do online races now... which left me in an unprepared LP750-4...
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Apr 11 2017, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (MiLKYredriot @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
I'm licking wounds for now, idgaf about the XP board at this point, but win ratio dropped .5 points to the percentile in just 10 or so rounds, damn...

S2 races have always been, and will continue to be too brutal, the clean racers are prepared to the max with race-tyre AWD machinery that'll still turn even with the tyres screeching while the dirty racers ALSO pay no heed to the XP board and will do anything to get in front.

Could not place a podium finish this time... Zonda while still retaining original FR drivetrain I could only place 4th max by chance, and this gamepad rears its ugly head again, keeps jamming at the wrong moment resetting the steering to centre...

I very rarely run the downforce aero parts because I think T10 never be bothered to spend a budget hiring at least a small team of some sort for custom aero art, like EA did for NFS, most of the aero stuff as a whole hasn't really changed from FM1, sigh... ugly little piece, but it helps to win races...

Then again I wasn't prepared anyway, all my competitive cars, I had them at X class for wangan-style freeroam since I virtually never do online races now... which left me in an unprepared LP750-4...

lmao isn't the Zonda broken as shit? Everytime I race one that thing whups even Koenigseggs in a straight.

I have a LaFerrari and once I start practicing more its easy enough to place well. I have RWD runners for every class, and still on the search for more good easy and fun to drive RWD cars. If you guys are curious I have a bunch of them to tell.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Apr 12 2017, 02:38 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

im gonna be honest and say i have not had one proper race in forza horizon 3 outside of the career mode and even then i was driving like an asshole lol.

its usually just drifting or cruising around with friends, idn. i'm not the competitive type so that's probably part of it.

reading about you guys having cars and setups for each class/type/performance bracket is just mind boggling.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Apr 12 2017, 02:39 AM

Topic Options 6 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll