Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Gears Of War(New Mode), King Of The Hill Baby!!
AsakuraZ
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

This thread is about all things Gears of Wars. I just recently started playing after hearing all the hype about it from playing Lost Planet. I have to say its a preety good game. I've played through the first Act in Co-op already and have playing a lot of rank matches and cant help but be impressed.

So if anyone has any feedback, live tags, funny stories while doing deathmatches or anything GOW related post it here.

BTW, my Live Tag is AsakuraZ if anyone wants to run matches. I think I'll be running a lot of matches tonight unless plans come up.

This post has been edited by AsakuraZ on Apr 10 2007, 02:36 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Feb 2 2007, 12:14 PM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8

GOW is a pretty badass game. I bought it on launch day and played it for about 2 weeks strait. But eventually got bored and traded it in. The funnest part of that game was online. I'd role in front of someone and say "PICABU!" then shotgun them in the face!....Those were the days.....
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Maikeru
Posted: Feb 11 2007, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 51

i only played that game for the single player, beat it in one day, on the ridiculous setting, they can't even call it hardcore, it's so retardedly hard, i loved it.
PMEmail Poster
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Just wondering if anyone is going into the latest LIVE tourney there having. PRAGE HERE I COME!!!!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 8 2007, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Its not really a tournament aganist other people. Its going to be rated by how many points you can accumulate in a certain amount of time. That takes the fun out of it a bit.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 04:40 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (AsakuraZ @ Yesterday at 2:32 PM)
Its not really a tournament aganist other people. Its going to be rated by how many points you can accumulate in a certain amount of time. That takes the fun out of it a bit.

I actually think thats a little bit better to have time-points becouse that way it's not a double or triple elimination type thing.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Why is that? Your basing the tournament by how much you play the game compared to how good you are? I'd rather it be Player matches where you can compile a team together and go head to head. Player VS Player. There you can see who is the "better" player.

This post has been edited by AsakuraZ on Apr 9 2007, 07:31 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 09:18 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (AsakuraZ @ Today at 6:42 AM)
Why is that? Your basing the tournament by how much you play the game compared to how good you are? I'd rather it be Player matches where you can compile a team together and go head to head. Player VS Player. There you can see who is the "better" player.

I definatly so what your saying. If you really want to see who's the best than I agree with the PvP setup, thats how are HALO tourneys are. But I've really grown to love the overall gameplay style like the one's from BF: Modern Combat and Lost Planet. I just like that I dont lose ranks and points when I dont come in first(which is rarely!) I like to take things slow and steadily gain points. But thats just me....
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Thats understandable. I tend to jump back to player matches because I like to play a little bit more relaxed. Whether GOW or Lost Planet, if Im playing Ranked I play serious though, and I am usually at the top of the rankings for my team with my friend either right above me or right above below me.

On that note, GOW has lot its shine after playing it straight for two weeks and I see why I enjoy Lost Planet so much.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 9 2007, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (AsakuraZ @ Today at 9:31 AM)
Thats understandable. I tend to jump back to player matches because I like to play a little bit more relaxed. Whether GOW or Lost Planet, if Im playing Ranked I play serious though, and I am usually at the top of the rankings for my team with my friend either right above me or right above below me.

On that note, GOW has lot its shine after playing it straight for two weeks and I see why I enjoy Lost Planet so much.

Yah, I got tired quick with 4v4 only gameplay. And just like you said whenever I play with friends its usually a 1-2 finish(me usually on top!)

p.s.- I wonder who would come out on top with me and you on a team.....Chew on that thought...
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 10 2007, 02:36 PM
Quote Post

Well just yesterday the new mode, dubbed "Annex", was released for Gears Of Wars. Its emulates the mode, "King Of The Hill", used in many various FPS games before it.

Basically, on every map, wherever there is a priority weapon(ie. Boomshot, Sniper rifle, grenades, Locust Machine Gun) there is a spot there. One team member needs to stand there and wait till it is capture. Then you defend it till you get the max points for that area(60) and then it switches. The opposing team only needs to stand in the circle to take it and then activate it for team. The "Hill" switches until one team has a total of whatever the host sets it to.

Points in these matches are mostly geared at captureing the points and then taking them. You get less points from killing than other modes.

Also this mode is more like Warzone, in the notion you cannot get yourself up and will die from bleedout.

Personally I went through two matches of it last night and think it was a great idea to include. It forces you to work together with other members and makes use of the voice chat.

Lastly with this update came the fixes to many bugs. One being the "host advantage" and also "weapon sliding". I personally have already heard rumors of people still weapon sliding after figuring out another exploit.

This post has been edited by AsakuraZ on Apr 10 2007, 02:39 PM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll