Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Boost or no Boost

Battle with Boost or no Boost
Boost [ 90 ]  [53.89%]
No boost [ 77 ]  [46.11%]
Total Votes: 167
Guests cannot vote 
n3o
Posted on Dec 13 2007, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,592

haha that was funny .. nice race though ... the last race shows the true color of that driver hahaha
PMEmail PosterYahoo
Dare
Posted on Dec 13 2007, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE (Gdiago @ Today at 9:38 PM)
I was Racing in my Legacy, and my budddy was watching, and this guy in a Supra challenges me, so, we go at 810hp on NBL, i go boost off, and tell him to go too, but he dosent, and i have boost off, so i lost on the last turn cause he just passed me, so me and my buddy start playing around and laughing, calling him a puss cause he has boost on, so then hes like, yo, why you getting so mad, blah blah blah, and im like buddy, im not getting mad wow, and he starts to mock me, so i race him again, same standards, boost off for me, boost on for him 810hp, and i win, as soon as we pass the line, this guy starts screaming at the game, F**K you game, you F**kin suck game, hahaha,

see, this is what does, just gets you mad,
HAHAHAHAHA

well... why u callin him names..
whistling.gif

but.. err... boost on for him, boost off for you doesnt work... its boost off or on for everyone.
>.<

but i love his reaction at the end. w00t2.gif

This post has been edited by Dare on Dec 13 2007, 10:38 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN
felix
Posted on Dec 18 2007, 09:03 AM
Quote Post

WME C1 Runner

Member No.: 1,145

I think boost on has another pro as well. It can also make things more fair when you know the car you have is better. If you race someone on wangan line, and you have Z33 and they are driving the R2 it levels the playing field.
PMEmail Poster
The-chosen-knight
Posted on Dec 18 2007, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

GodArm of Wangan

Member No.: 760

Boost on is for losers, and the poll is speaking for itself.. smile.gif Most people like BOOST off.
PMEmail Poster
RoKeT
Posted on Dec 18 2007, 11:44 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 1,512

I always play boost off when racing, unless me and my friends get bored we play boost on and start to ram each other like crazy.
PMEmail Poster
rykukatei
Posted on Dec 18 2007, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 1,422

I play with boost off so i can filter out those guys who think they are all good, but all they do is hit cars and walls and rely on the boost. But at times i have boost on becuase if you can stay ahead and never let him pass, you handicapping your self and getting better at techniques of keeping those guys who actually have a better car than you from passing you and you get better becuase of this handicap.
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted on Dec 19 2007, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 894

QUOTE (The-chosen-knight @ Yesterday at 1:38 PM)
Boost on is for losers, and the poll is speaking for itself.. smile.gif Most people like BOOST off.

...uh, yeah you said that already on page 1..

QUOTE (The-chosen-knight)
Boost is for LOSERS And will always be *if all players are good*  If you guys are bad boost on would be fine or lets say if all 4 players stink at one track lets say "hakone" boost would be fine.

But if all are good drivers etc...  Racing with boosts is such a low thing..

I mean in order to win do you really need a push ???  or magic boost.. I always break

postcount +1 for you? Do you really not pay attention to your own posts? Or was that just post-count whoring?

I also find it funny how you label anyone who plays boost on from time to time as a "loser", really shows maturity there.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
gs68
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 03:27 PM
Quote Post

Don't get caught...in bed!

Member No.: 1,926

Most of the time, especially in multiplater battle, I play boost-on. It's no fun hitting something at the very start of a race, falling behind by 500m, and never catching up to the 3 other players who are all having fun and lulz. Let's not forget the fundamental purpose of video games: to have fun.

Hell, even some of the best players in my area play boost on.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
zerocustomrx
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

The Gigolo of Metropolitan Highway

Member No.: 2,105

Go all out! Balls to the wall heffers!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
SHIFT
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,558

QUOTE (zerocustomrx @ Today at 4:35 PM)
Go all out! Balls to the wall heffers!

Only on Osaka....only on Osaka cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
zerocustomrx
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 05:40 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SHIFT @ Today at 5:20 PM)
Only on Osaka....only on Osaka cool.gif

Jeez, only because you seem to be more familiar with the turns than I am. I'll get there eventually, but I'll still take you on! Not at AI! All out. lol

Like Lenny says, "No bump. No, No."
battousaiii
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

i'm alot better than AzzA

Member No.: 793

QUOTE (The-chosen-knight @ Dec 18 2007, 10:38 AM)

boost on is for people who like to enjoy their games. boost off is way too serious. you can't ram in boost off because thats just a dick move. boost on ramming is probably the most fun thing in the game.

i despise boost off. i used to like it to measure skill, but now its gay. i prefer ramming now. and don't say ramming is for losers, it's part of the game. deal with it. esp if boost is on.

This post has been edited by battousaiii on Feb 3 2008, 08:17 PM
PMEmail Poster
gs68
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Don't get caught...in bed!

Member No.: 1,926

QUOTE (battousaiii @ Today at 8:16 PM)
i prefer ramming now. and don't say ramming is for losers, it's part of the game. deal with it. esp if boost is on.

Exactly; after all, what do you expect when you go someplace with 4-player WMMT3? Snooty high-class no-bumping racing over cups of tea?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
SHIFT
Posted on Feb 3 2008, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (zerocustomrx @ Today at 5:40 PM)
Jeez, only because you seem to be more familiar with the turns than I am. I'll get there eventually, but I'll still take you on! Not at AI! All out. lol

Like Lenny says, "No bump. No, No."

Dammit....I tried to block Lenny yesterday during that boost off Osaka run but ended up in the walls -.-

Took the AI crown though..because Remie went to play pool I think...lol.
PMEmail Poster
zerocustomrx
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 12:07 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (SHIFT @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM)
Dammit....I tried to block Lenny yesterday during that boost off Osaka run but ended up in the walls -.-

Took the AI crown though..because Remie went to play pool I think...lol.

Wha? You don't block when you go all out. That's diiiiiiirtay. Unless it was like right at the end. I guess that's ok. idk. I try to keep it clean for the most part so idk.
davido
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,371

I don't like boost on.
with my friends and I, we're sorta equal in skill so we play boost off.
Yesterday I lost cause the guy wouldn't press brakes, lead by 100m and then on the straight, he kept gaining and gaining and i lost on the last corner. that fu*ing pissed me off so much. With friends i wouldn't mind a boost on game though
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
zerocustomrx
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 12:14 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (davido @ Today at 12:11 AM)
I don't like boost on.
with my friends and I, we're sorta equal in skill so we play boost off.
Yesterday I lost cause the guy wouldn't press brakes, lead by 100m and then on the straight, he kept gaining and gaining and i lost on the last corner. that fu*ing pissed me off so much. With friends i wouldn't mind a boost on game though

Yeah, all out FTW!
WayneXIII
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 1,802

I personally prefer Boost on.

Boost off makes the game boring. Whoever has a strong 2-3 gear will win the game. All you need to do is to turn in to block your opponent right at the start, with a lead of +1m, there goes his game, which my fren always do that, making me lose some 30+m right from the start and there goes my game. Not only that, he would normally be the pushing out R2, Cars, moving vans during the lead. Whats the point man. Boost Off is just a matter of who dares and make the dirty trick at the right time.

Boost on makes the game slight interesting. It test your turning skill, blocking skill. Of cause "Dirty skill" <Ramming> Nothing beats looking at a Mazda 6 Flys off a pillar with 400+m to catch up with, it just makes every1 high besides the driver. I have not seen a Hiace fly while crushing into a pillar, wow... that would be high~ tongue.gif
Those that hate Boost on, are normally people thats scared of losing.

Luck and skill is just thin line..... that applies both in Boost off and on, so how can you claim that boost on is for loser -.-" zZzZz...
PMEmail Poster
SHIFT
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 07:26 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (zerocustomrx @ Today at 12:07 AM)
Wha? You don't block when you go all out. That's diiiiiiirtay. Unless it was like right at the end. I guess that's ok. idk. I try to keep it clean for the most part so idk.

Nuuuuu....I meant blocking the inside turn so that Lenny can't squeeze past me. Ended up hugging the wall too close....lol
PMEmail Poster
sole21000
Posted on Feb 4 2008, 08:24 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Member No.: 2,129

Boost on when racing friends, since it's more fun and not a serious contest.

Boost off if someone walks up to the machine wanting a serious challenge.

Boost on=Fun

Boost off=Skill

So for the most part I like boost on, just hate it when people brag after a boost race.

Anyway, as for blocking, for me it's like this.

Boost on=Anything goes, since it's not really serious. I'll ram you into wall, you do likewise if you're so inclined.

Boost off=I will respect whatever line a person's taking, and try for no contact. I will block passing if I'm in the lead though, find your way around pretty much.
PMEmail Poster
battousaiii
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

i'm alot better than AzzA

Member No.: 793

QUOTE (zerocustomrx @ Yesterday at 12:07 AM)

yes you do and it's not dirty. it's call defending. it's used in real racing too.

and i totally agree with sole2100, boost on is fun.

This post has been edited by battousaiii on Feb 5 2008, 09:02 AM
PMEmail Poster
zerocustomrx
Posted on Feb 5 2008, 09:09 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (battousaiii @ Today at 9:01 AM)
yes you do and it's not dirty. it's call defending. it's used in real racing too.

and i totally agree with sole2100, boost on is fun.

What I mean is when you do it constantly to make the other person behind you hit the apex.

i.e: the person behind you tried to get around you by hugging the apex and riding between cars, then you suddenly turn in front of him so that he can't pass you and he ends up hitting a wall, car, w/e.

That's what I mean by playing dirty when you go all out.
Rakurai^
Posted on Feb 29 2008, 01:04 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,767

There are plenty of jerks who like to ram with Boost Off. Although one thing I find very satisfying is baiting a rammer at a corner or in a particular traffic situation, and then forcing them to crash or backend a lorry without any contact. Now _THAT_ really puts cheapass drivers in their place.

Yes... I'm always in for Boost Off. The only time it can get a bit boring is when you're clearly destroying someone by a huge margin (like 100m+ advantage), in which that case that person isn't even worth your time anyway. On the other hand, if everyone is a skilled veteran, Boost Off can still be very tense if the distances shrink and grow at very close quarters.

Boost On.... it's definitely a question of luck. That's why I only prefer it when battling with friends and not against strangers. I dropped a load of coins at the start of a 3 player race, so I had to come off the machine to pick them up. I had a disadvantage of nearly 1000m, but there was practically NO TRAFFIC until I caught up. I got 2nd place too ... dry.gif
PMEmail Poster
Nomake Wan
Posted on Feb 29 2008, 03:19 AM
Quote Post

梓県警察峠部

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 223

Boost on. What's the point of boost off? If you want to do boost off then just compare your course times. If they got a better course time, they win. End game.

Besides, there are assholes mean people who enjoy ramming in boost off matches which is just plain dumb because it means the other person automatically wins.

If I wanted to do a time attack, I would've selected that. But we're battling, so keep that boost on. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
zerobass
Posted on Feb 29 2008, 03:49 AM
Quote Post

I ♥ osaka

Member No.: 1,088

What I said previously...

...has changed...

BOOST ON MOTHAF**KA. Ram from start to finish.

I'm becoming a very dirty driver since the urge for boost on. Boost off occurs once every few battles.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 9 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll