Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight model kits, are they good?
bystander
Posted: Feb 15 2008, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,194

@old_skool_SR

ok bro....ill check the stores out....thanks!!!! hope we can play again at festi...just a friendly game grin2.gif
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 01:27 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

Thanks a lot guys. All this talk about model car kits is compelling me to buy one. I've found a shop in my mall that stocks Fujimi kits. And I'm thinking of buying the 280ZX in their 'Touge' line up.

user posted image

I haven't done plastic scale models in a looong time, I still have some materials lieing around, and even then, I've never done a car, only airplanes and ships. But I'll give this one a shot.
PMEmail PosterMSN
gian7675
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 1,954

QUOTE (Midnight Star @ Today at 1:27 AM)
Thanks a lot guys. All this talk about model car kits is compelling me to buy one. I've found a shop in my mall that stocks Fujimi kits. And I'm thinking of buying the 280ZX in their 'Touge' line up.

user posted image

I haven't done plastic scale models in a looong time, I still have some materials lieing around, and even then, I've never done a car, only airplanes and ships. But I'll give this one a shot.

Yo midnight star...the car looks very old school laugh.gif

Good luck and I hope you'll enjoy making it smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Midnight Star
Posted: Feb 16 2008, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

Yeah I really like the old school cars. I'll sure have fun making it. It'll be a new challenge to make a car. I'll have to buy some new paints too since all my paints have dried up sleep.gif but I'm really looking forward to getting into it.
PMEmail PosterMSN
aesthari
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 1,462

Wow, a S130, now that's even rarer! Do put the link here if you decide to post your work up on some forums, I'd be very interested to see how it goes smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
gian7675
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (aesthari @ Today at 8:16 AM)
Wow, a S130, now that's even rarer! Do put the link here if you decide to post your work up on some forums, I'd be very interested to see how it goes smile.gif

How about a model forum here in wmexpressway about wmmt3 cars? or just general cars? it'll be cool! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
old_skool_SR
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

rolla addict

Member No.: 879

QUOTE (Midnight Star @ Yesterday at 1:27 AM)

user posted image

i have this exact saem kit(actually 2), but its a 280 ZT, not a ZX. you could do the devil Z but it will take a lot of wotk. the b-pillars are different, the hood is different. the rear tailights is also different, and the biggest thing that bugs me about this kit is the rear hatch is a ferrari style rear(think 355, dino, GTO).

@gian: the belt buckles are from another modeller from the US, traded it for saome rims. the seatblets are from vynil tapr, or you could use ribbons too

the first pic of porsche you poated is the base kit. you're gonna build a new bumper for it though.....

This post has been edited by old_skool_SR on Feb 17 2008, 05:03 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
old_skool_SR
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 05:03 PM
Quote Post

rolla addict

QUOTE (bystander @ Feb 15 2008, 07:00 AM)
@old_skool_SR

ok bro....ill check the stores out....thanks!!!! hope we can play again at festi...just a friendly game grin2.gif

we played at festi before? whats your name?(car name)?
bystander
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 06:51 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (old_skool_SR @ Today at 5:03 PM)
we played at festi before? whats your name?(car name)?

oh im sorry i wasnt able to introduce myself....this is KRIS remember we both have r32s haha. but yeah your right its so lame at wmmt3 argh....hope they can bring it back to its glory when ver.b comes out....i hope it comes out laugh.gif my r32 is all black and your r32 is white but now i play it red... laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster
old_skool_SR
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

rolla addict

oh yeah. now i remeber. didnt you ahve a previous acct named kris?
bystander
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 09:59 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

QUOTE (old_skool_SR @ Today at 6:52 PM)
oh yeah. now i remeber. didnt you ahve a previous acct named kris?

nope thats not me....haha used to browse at this forum the last time you mentioned it to me at festi but was too lazy to create an account....haha.
PMEmail Poster
gian7675
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 06:18 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

old_skool_sr@

Thanks for the info. Vinyl tape? Is this available at National bookstore too? By any chance do you still remember the name of the photoetch kit of the Seatbelt Buckles you got from a trade from the U.S.? How manu pieces of buckles did it have?
PMEmail Poster
old_skool_SR
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

rolla addict

eduards photoetched, 2 sets per pack. and one set of generic buckles(24 pieces) from scale sport something. biggrin.gif
gian7675
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (old_skool_SR @ Today at 4:55 PM)
eduards photoetched, 2 sets per pack. and one set of generic buckles(24 pieces) from scale sport something. biggrin.gif

Thanks! So what's the difference between the Eduard's and the Scale Sport's something buckles?

The former is racing and the later is plain passenger cars? Or just quality?
PMEmail Poster
old_skool_SR
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 12:25 AM
Quote Post

rolla addict

the eduards are a complete set of buckles and snaps and adjusters. like this: except for the green ribbon. you have to find an alternate for the belt itself and logo. either use ribbon or vynil tape/sticker(from sticker shops)
user posted image
when i built my WRC celica before, it took me at least an hour just to assemble the damn thing FOR ONE SEAT!!!(its fully adjustable seatblets in 1/24 scale.)

the sport scale are just generic buckles found in standard cars and its the set i used for the wide body skyline
gian7675
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 06:56 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (old_skool_SR @ Today at 12:25 AM)
the eduards are a complete set of buckles and snaps and adjusters. like this: except for the green ribbon. you have to find an alternate for the belt itself and logo. either use ribbon or vynil tape/sticker(from sticker shops)
user posted image
when i built my WRC celica before, it took me at least an hour just to assemble the damn thing FOR ONE SEAT!!!(its fully adjustable seatblets in 1/24 scale.)

the sport scale are just generic buckles found in standard cars and its the set i used for the wide body skyline

That's amazing detail by Eduard's! Ok thanks for the info smile.gif

Nice project you have there.
PMEmail Poster
MonsterSupra
Posted: Feb 22 2008, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,245

I saw Tatsuya Shima's BLACKBIRD but someone bought the last one from the model kit store(MECHAHAWAII)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
gian7675
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 03:38 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

QUOTE (MonsterSupra @ Feb 22 2008, 10:52 PM)
I saw Tatsuya Shima's BLACKBIRD but someone bought the last one from the model kit store(MECHAHAWAII)

Darn! That's one lucky guy!

It's hard to find that Blackbird kit. It's probably the hardest one to find among the WM kits. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
aesthari
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 1,462

True, none of the online hobby shops I usually buy from stock them either. Only the Devil Z and Blackbird is worth buying, other models are easily achivable my modding standard kits.
PMEmail Poster
MonsterSupra
Posted: Feb 28 2008, 12:56 PM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,245

since i couldnt find any wangan midnight model kits... i just bought a z33 drift kit lol.... and... i really suck at driving these things..... WAY harder that cars pinch2.gif lol
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
The J
Posted: Feb 28 2008, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

Hah. Not even close. Drifting those little toys is heavenly provided you're on the right surface. Drifting real cars I can tell you from experience can get pretty hard and expensive.
PMEmail Poster
LegendaryFC
Posted: Jun 3 2008, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 400

can any of you guys get the blackbird and devil z kits for me. ermm2.gif

thnx
PMEmail Poster
KSC
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 03:40 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 2,573

You would think a Blackbird would show up on ebay every now and then. I've been checking for 2 months now and not a single one has surfaced.

Many years back when I used to frequent a Japanese mall in NJ I bought 3 of the kits (Z, Reina's GTR, and Tomoya's GTR). Yeah, the two GTR's are just regular Fujimi Skylines, but I like the box art and am a collector so I bought them anyway. At least the rims are correct ( I dunno what parts came with the generic R32's) and Reina's comes with the acurate front bumper.

I'd love to pick up the other 3 just for completions sake, but haven't been able to ocate them anywhere. Only 1 online store has the Z and Tomoya's, that's it.
PMEmail Poster
LegendaryFC
Posted: Jun 4 2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 400

QUOTE (KSC @ Today at 3:40 AM)
You would think a Blackbird would show up on ebay every now and then. I've been checking for 2 months now and not a single one has surfaced.

Many years back when I used to frequent a Japanese mall in NJ I bought 3 of the kits (Z, Reina's GTR, and Tomoya's GTR). Yeah, the two GTR's are just regular Fujimi Skylines, but I like the box art and am a collector so I bought them anyway. At least the rims are correct ( I dunno what parts came with the generic R32's) and Reina's comes with the acurate front bumper.

I'd love to pick up the other 3 just for completions sake, but haven't been able to ocate them anywhere. Only 1 online store has the Z and Tomoya's, that's it.

yeh it has become really difficult to find any of the kits. i've been searching for almost 6 months now and can't find a single blackbird.
PMEmail Poster
xKRN_evox
Posted: Jun 9 2008, 01:42 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 121

So, Fujimi doesn't sell it there anymore? I was hoping somebody knew where I could get a Devil Z kit.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll