Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Post Count
Kenji
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:07 AM
Quote Post

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,019

Just noticed it's being removed. Everyone's an advanced member now? ohmy.gif
PMEmail Poster
E86
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:09 AM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 2

Just got tired of seeing the +1 comments and people calling others PC+1. The entire argument is a moot point now. Of course, this is only temporary, I will be observing and taking notes of the effect of post count being removed.

You can still view your own post count by going to the front page: http://wmexpressway.net on the top left corner. smile.gif

This post has been edited by E86 on Apr 30 2009, 01:12 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Geo
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:13 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

Seems a fair bit is going on now. I just hope that 20-character minimum isn't going to be imposed on WME.
PMEmail PosterMSN
E86
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Geo @ 3 minutes, 24 seconds ago)
Seems a fair bit is going on now. I just hope that 20-character minimum isn't going to be imposed on WME.

Probably not gonna happen if I am leading the forums here. The period it takes to get everyone on the same boat is too long to consider such implementation here.
Geo
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:18 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,760

Don't bring up boats ><

Anyway, if we did have the limit, wouldn't you think some people would bypass it anyway by just spamming their posts with several ...... or !!!!!!
PMEmail PosterMSN
Protoman
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:22 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 4,735

I don't think the +1 should be taken too seriously though. Sure, there's a few people saying "30 more posts to 800", but it's a landmark more than anything else, and once it passes, people don't pay too much attention to it.

I'm guessing most cases refer to it as +1 post to the added thread. Or +1 as in one more who agrees. Kinda like the internet lingo that starts evolving into other meanings.

My vote is to keep the post count, because newbies can get difficult when there's no obvious way of figuring out someone's forum seniority. (post count is definitely not the best way to measure someone's seniority, but it's the most accepted... kinda like how QWERTY keyboards aren't exactly the best way to learn typing, but it's what we do because it's what's commonly accepted)

Kinda interested how things turn out though.
PMEmail Poster
E86
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

QUOTE (Geo @ 4 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
Don't bring up boats ><

Anyway, if we did have the limit, wouldn't you think some people would bypass it anyway by just spamming their posts with several ...... or !!!!!!

Yes.. they certainly will.

Read this post of mine: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopi...ndpost&p=316587

Force will be used to accompany such implementation. And that frankly goes against the whole laid back style of the mod team. Until the next management turnover, maybe.
Kenji
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Geo @ Today, 5:18 PM)
Don't bring up boats ><

That is when warning kicks in.
PMEmail Poster
Dare
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 03:24 AM
Quote Post

Rehabilitated Troll
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE (Protoman @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
I don't think the +1 should be taken too seriously though. Sure, there's a few people saying "30 more posts to 800", but it's a landmark more than anything else, and once it passes, people don't pay too much attention to it.

I'm guessing most cases refer to it as +1 post to the added thread. Or +1 as in one more who agrees. Kinda like the internet lingo that starts evolving into other meanings.

My vote is to keep the post count, because newbies can get difficult when there's no obvious way of figuring out someone's forum seniority. (post count is definitely not the best way to measure someone's seniority, but it's the most accepted... kinda like how QWERTY keyboards aren't exactly the best way to learn typing, but it's what we do because it's what's commonly accepted)

Kinda interested how things turn out though.

To by pass the need for post counts and still be able to show senior members,

keep the post count going, but hide the actual number..

and group members into groups by seniority..

rather than just stopping at advanced members.

just my two cents.
^^

PMEmail PosterMSN
Kenji
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

My suggestion:

Members pass Advanced Member be given tags, such as "Elite" tag. Tags will only be given for the contribution made by the particular member and of coz, if Elite tag holder breaks a rule, the admin has the right to revoke back the tag.
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 894

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

This, I'm certain, is one of the main reasons why we see so much spam on the forums. This is an excellent move by the admins, good show.

Inc elite status for hosting the osts? :3
DOHC
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

i like nuts

Member No.: 374

group members into groups by seniority

I like that idea tags depending on the age of the members
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

A seniority system where people are grouped strictly by their joined date, isn't fair and will bring a level of elitism to this forum that we haven't seen yet.

Poster A, who's been here since day one but has posted nothing relevant and is very inactive, is automatically deemed more important than poster B who is new, but brings an abundance of interactivity and ideas to the forum.

A promotion system is tricky. It's absuable if mods decide to have a circle-jerk party with their friends, but I don't think we have to worry about that happening with this moderation team.

Ultimately, I think a promotional system should just be left to the admin/mods' discretion. If someone adds something of a lot of value or helps the community in a large way (not to gloat, but like me hosting the osts on my ftp, for example), then the mods/admins should internally discuss that in the mod forum that they undoubtedly have, and come to a decision that way.
Kenji
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (MaxX @ Today, 10:12 AM)
Inc elite status for hosting the osts? :3

lol... I did say contribution to the forum... as in the whole, not only the arcade section. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (Kenji @ Today, 10:34 PM)
lol... I did say contribution to the forum... as in the whole, not only the arcade section. biggrin.gif

The osts are on the frontpage, it helps the site overall with more hits.

Shhh, I'm trying to sweet talk the admin team here!

I can host anime episodes too!

I'll walk your dogs!

Polish your shoes, gov'nah!?
The J
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Member No.: 367

We are all members. There is no point to having an elite status. The only purpose that the moderator tags exist is to remind other members that those people happen to be assigned to clean up messes where they appear. It doesn't mean my post is any more meaningful than a first time poster or my opinion carries more weight. I feel the post count removal is a good thing for preventing E-wang waving. However I also agree that there needs to be a way other than word of post that people can use to identify how senior or serious a member is if they are advising new members or anyone else for that matter.
PMEmail Poster
wangan_sti
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 11:46 PM
Quote Post

gud boi.

Member No.: 328

man i feel bad for the guyz who want to be top post
PMEmail PosterYahoo
<MB>
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 11:50 PM
Quote Post

Say what?!?!

Member No.: 2,677

QUOTE (wangan_sti @ 3 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
man i feel bad for the guyz who want to be top post

Uhh mate you still get the top 10 posters on your home page... =S
PMEmail PosterMSN
Midnight Star
Posted: May 1 2009, 12:41 AM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Member No.: 33

gah, we don't need an elite status for older members. The point here is that we're all members. And member A has equal right to member B. If member A joined the forum on day one, hosts OSTs, anime eps, whatever, makes important threads about new info, is on every day and such, and gets into a flame war with member B, they'll both be treated the same. It doesn't matter... People can see who's been on longer through reading threads.
PMEmail PosterMSN
xThai
Posted: May 1 2009, 03:41 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,508

Will this even make a difference? =____=
I'm just coming out, regardless of post counts people just post do they not?
o____o
PMEmail Poster
xeoreg
Posted: May 1 2009, 07:37 AM
Quote Post

hello there

Member No.: 175

post count removal is a good thing

i dont even care about my post count
PM
MaxX
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (xThai @ Today, 7:41 AM)
Will this even make a difference? =____=
I'm just coming out, regardless of post counts people just post do they not?
o____o

Your case is in a minority when it comes to message boards, sadly.
DOHC
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

Member No.: 374

We can be separated by teams which create smaller pyramids.
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: May 1 2009, 09:56 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Any level of member segregation that isn't related to being a mod/admin is asking for elitism/crying. Everyone on a level playing field is a good thing.

As an aside, to add to a point made earlier, taking down the "top 10 posters" module on the homepage would be a necessary followup to this action.
BearZ
Posted: May 2 2009, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Oh! The BearZ!

Member No.: 243

i think leaving as it is will be fine ...

without post counts ... there wun be so much whoring ...

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll