Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Eden of the East
Saint
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 02:44 PM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,801

I find the movie not as exciting as I expected, though. The storyline feels forced/fast forwarded because of the missiles and trailers. :/
PMMSN
geokilla
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 02:45 PM
Quote Post

Bored

Member No.: 2,683

QUOTE (Bloody_Monday @ Today, 5:51 PM)
I've just finished watching the movie (with subs and in 720p, will download the full 1080p later) and it left me completely speechless. Everything is now much more clearer.
Some say that this movie was disappointing but do not hear a word from them. What you need to do is to rewatch all of the 11 episodes before watching the movie (I did that) and follow the story really closely because it can get confusing sometimes. What you need to look for in this movie is not the action (there's not a lot of it but there's a lot of talking) but the story like a detective searching for the truth and if you do that, it can surprise you and make you really excited about the next movie: Paradise Lost which I think will be out with subs around June. But I would recommend every one to watch Eden of the East. It's such a refreshing experience.

Anime-Source said the movie was not as good as the series. I still didn't watch it yet.

@Saint. Apparently Dattebayo worked with gg subs.
PMEmail Poster
Saint
Posted: Apr 9 2010, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

That explains it.

I'm familiar with gg, Dattebayo, SS-Eclipse, and Yuuri-san. Haven't really come across horrible fansubs to date, though. I think they've been doing a splendid job over these years. happy.gif

It's a whole different story with 'original' DVDs' subtitles from DVD companies, which is a huge turn-off. Consider yourself lucky if you can even understand a single line from them. pinch2.gif I doubt their translators even know Japanese. I stopped buying DVDs after about 3 series; I regretted buying them because I had to download anyway, as I can't understand their subs at all.

Yep, the series is better than the movie imo. Tbh, it feels boring. The storyline is collapsing because things that shouldn't happen happened (kinda dilutes the story's flavour). The opening theme didn't have the same 'ummph' as the series' too. I dunno, maybe it's just me. Lol. Hope Lost Paradise is better than King of Eden.
PMMSN
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Apr 10 2010, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,943

I think King of Eden is a taster to Paradise Lost. It's to warm you up for the next film. If you look the trailer for the second movie, it feels more intense. But two to three months of waiting is a bit too long. Just release the damn dvd, bluray already (the film was screened in japan the 14 March I think)
But if Eden Of The East is finally finished, I wonder what Production I.G. will do next? I hope something that would really surprise us, like a much more awesome anime than Eden of the East
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Tchan
Posted: Jun 14 2010, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

LegendaryMunky

Member No.: 420

QUOTE (RemieGino14 @ Mar 30 2010, 05:12 PM)
I still want the phone...

- RemieGino14 -

OMG me too!!!

I saw that it was only for sale in Japan!! blink.gif

I saw this anime the first time, I was confused at first. After words when you continue with the episodes it starts to get more and more interesting.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahoo
Saint
Posted: Sep 4 2010, 07:12 AM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

The second movie, Paradise Lost, is out recently. I'll be checking out Translatorgasm group's. Almost forgotten about it! Lol.
PMMSN
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,943

QUOTE (Saint @ Yesterday, 10:12 PM)
The second movie, Paradise Lost, is out recently. I'll be checking out Translatorgasm group's. Almost forgotten about it! Lol.

Thank you for reminding me lol! Just finished watching it and even though I haven't watched the 1st movie for a while, the second is a lot better. But I do think that they could've show more. The ending for me is... well, really open. It's not deceiving but it makes you want more even if you know that there will not be another Eden of the East.
I absolutely love anime that isn't 50 plus episodes long, I find it a lot better than other animes with more than 100 episodes but I do regret it when it ends. Well quality over quantity is good but sometimes you want quality and quantity which is hard to come by.

This post has been edited by Bloody_Monday on Sep 5 2010, 08:31 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
geokilla
Posted: Sep 5 2010, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

Bored

Patiently waiting for subs...
PMEmail Poster
geokilla
Posted: Dec 29 2010, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Bored

Anyone seen Paradise Lost yet? I'm still looking for it subbed.
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll