• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> New player few questions.
beluga
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 12:05 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,832

INTRO: I new to WMMT the whole franchise and haven't touched a racing arcade game since 5 years. located in socal 714 area

I want to start playing 3dx+ but had few questions.

Can I use a 3dx+ card in a 3dx machine?

Which arcades have 3dx+? ( I searched through the location page but they are all outdated. They list arcades that had previous WMMT but wasnt sure if they have the 3dx+)

When playing boost off does everyone have to depress the brake pedal or only one person?

In boost off battle is there draft? (does your speed increase by following closely behind them, unrelated to boost)

I know I should search the forums more but...

Is there any racing techniques? I remember playing IDAS2/3 long time ago and if you shifted up/down really fast your car would slide into a corner and sometimes it actually was faster way of cornering. There was also launch tricks like cold starts on subarus and stuff.

Just wondering if there are those kinda tips and tricks in WMMT. So if you guys got answers let me know. Also if you want to let me know something that I haven't listed, I'm all ears. I just don't want to ask too much a get flamed.
PMEmail Poster
Greentea
Posted: Apr 21 2011, 12:26 PM
Quote Post

@ATHF.petdog

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,014

You shouldve asked in the questions thread dry.gif But yes, welcome to the forums.

1. No you cannot use a DX+ card on a DX machine.
2. For boost off all players need to step on the brake.
3. There is no drafting/slipstreaming.
4. When you turn go out,in,out and conserve movement. Don't try to do a massive drift and go heaps sideways. That will just slow you down.

If you have any other questions ask in the question thread or pm me.

Mods, please close.

This post has been edited by Greentea on Apr 21 2011, 12:27 PM
PMEmail PosterMSN

Topic Options  Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll