Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Gran Turismo 6, Official Topic
Normalaatsra
Posted: May 15 2013, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,984

user posted image
user posted image

And wait for it..

user posted image

^Not the best quality but it's interesting!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: May 15 2013, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,398

Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 15 2013, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

I have no idea what I'm doing

Member No.: 7,637

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-LILLcpO88 )

QUOTE (Sony)
GT6 for PlayStation 3 will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

Gran Turismo 6 will offer players more choice. GT6 will have 200 more cars than GT5 with 1200 available at release. More will be made available after launch as well. Gran Turismo 6 is also said to have a "revamped Pysics Engine, new suspension, tyre, and aerodynamics modelling."

This post has been edited by Blue-Sensei on May 15 2013, 03:16 PM
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: May 15 2013, 03:20 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Member No.: 5,053

user posted image

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the latest version of PlayStation®’s best-selling franchise, will be released in Holiday, 2013. The news was revealed today by legendary Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the 70-million-selling series.

GT6 for PlayStation®3 will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10 million copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6. But notable new additions to the already impressive line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1,200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the greatest ever level possible.

The UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide gorgeous scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.

The theme of Gran Turismo’s innovative collaborations with partner companies will increase with the inception of GT6. A number of exciting new projects that blur the line between the virtual and real will be announced in the run up to the game’s launch. Not least of these is GT Academy, a collaboration with Nissan to unearth real racing driver talent that first ran in 2008. It was announced during the event that the competition returns for its biggest ever year in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tire manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive. Both companies are active in the commercial car industry and in racing, and they have acted as technical development partners for the game’s new physics engine, for its tire and suspension kinematic modeling, creating an even more realistic experience for GT fans.

“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”

The celebration of 15 years of Gran Turismo event at Silverstone included a demo of GT6 featuring the famous circuit. Guests were able to play the game in the familiar circular Gran Turismo race pods before having a chance to take to the real track in cars provided by Audi, Ford, Jaguar, KTM, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota.

Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events.

Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):
Acura NSX ’91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
*Alpine A110 1600S ’68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
Ford GT ’06
*KTM X-BOW R ’12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
*Light Car Company Rocket ’07
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy , Version) ’08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
Toyota 86 GT ‘12

Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:

New Game Engine

-Refactoring
-Compact, nimble operation
-Flexible expandability
-A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3

New Physics Engine
-New suspension and kinematics model
-New tyre model
-New aerodynamics model
-Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive

1,200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC
-From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
-Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
-Players can create their own personalised custom car in the game.
-Cars will be continually added online

33 locations, 71 layouts
-33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5).
-More new tracks will continue to be provided online

New Course Maker
-Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
-A new course generation algorithm

Community/Club/Race Organizer
-Players can form their own communities
-Various community levels from local and domestic to global
-Players themselves can create and manage their own online events

New User Interface
-Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
-Quick response
-Shortening of loading times

Multi Device Compatibility
-Playstation
-Smart Phone
-Tablet
-PC

At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual “Edge Effect” Activity
A variety of “Edge Effects”, the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on May 15 2013, 03:27 PM
PM
Hero*
Posted: May 15 2013, 04:09 PM
Quote Post

Derp!

Member No.: 4,367

YESSSSSSS I CANT WAIT FOR THAT!
PMEmail PosterMSN
RIT_ninja
Posted: May 15 2013, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Member No.: 213

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
user posted image

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the latest version of PlayStation®’s best-selling franchise, will be...

For future references, you should cite your sources at the end

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-rev...-first-details/
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 15 2013, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: May 15 2013, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sEq7HX2QE )

seriously though, i'm happy they're releasing it for ps3
GT3 RS
Posted: May 15 2013, 08:30 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

First gameplay video! It shows the KTM X-Bow lapping Silverstone.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2WZxx4XTzFI )

As this was recorded by a GTP member, here is his account on how it was:

So, what does Polyphony Digital’s all-new physics engine feel like? It’s hard to describe, but let’s just say I think it will be hard to go back to Gran Turismo 5 after having experiencing GT6.

With traction control disabled and ABS set to 1 (I didn’t notice SRF was “on”…ugh, sorry!), it felt difficult to be “quick” around the track. However, the car was also easier to control, as if I had a better sense of the level of grip available at each wheel and exactly what the car was doing. It felt good.

When I play an older Gran Turismo game, I notice a kind of “numbness” or “dullness” in the handling characteristics of the cars, after having become accustomed to GT5. Now, I think I will feel the same way about GT5 the next time I play it.

The audio which you hear in the video was recorded via the television’s line-out headphone jack. It’s mono (single channel) sound, and doesn’t quite represent the sound that I could hear through the TV’s speakers. Although it’s not a radical change, I did notice a rougher, more visceral texture in the engine note that was more satisfying than what’s provided in GT5.

Regardless, Polyphony Digital’s work with Yokohama and suspension company KW Automotive has no doubt paid off, and the changes were immediately apparent to me after having spent only a very short time with the new game.
PM
Hero*
Posted: May 16 2013, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Derp!

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 7 hours, 30 minutes ago)
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17sEq7HX2QE )

seriously though, i'm happy they're releasing it for ps3

Same here, totally cbf to buy ps4. I glad its support PS3.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Whitzwolf
Posted: May 16 2013, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Yahallo! \^o^

Member No.: 8,312

Time to buy a PS3 then eh? Going to be cheaper than ever too lol tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: May 16 2013, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Guess what guys?

We have a demo coming in two months! The PS UK site has confirmed a demo will be available in July!

On another note, what cars do you guys hope they added?

Here's my wishlist:

Volvo S60 R-Design
Volvo C30 Polestar
Volvo 242 Turbo
Saab
Fiat 500 Abarth
Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
Ferrari LaFerrari (seriously the stupidest name ever)
Ferrari 365 GTB/4
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Skoda Octavia RS
Peugeot RCZ
Audi R8 GT
Audi RS6 (the newest one)
Audi TT-RS
Jaguar XKR-S
Jaguar F-Type
More RUF models
Maserati MC12
Maserati GranSport MC Victory
Porsche (doubtful)
Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series
Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series
Mercedes E63 AMG
McLaren P1
McLaren MP4-12C Spider
Lamborghini Veneno
Lamborghini Diablo
Ford Focus ST
Ford Mustang Boss 302
Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Ford Mustang Roush 427R
Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Chevrolet SuperSport
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Dodge SRT Viper
Aston Martin AM310 Vanquish
Aston Martin Rapide S
Aston Martin DB5
Lotus Exige (newest one)
Bentley Continental Supersports
Bentley Continental GT Speed (new one, even faster than the SS)
Cadillac CTS-V

[ Post merged on May 16 2013, 10:09 PM ]
Kaz has said a PS4 version is "under consideration".

While at the Silverstone event, he had this to say:
We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now.

Seemingly moving to settle any premature excitement, however, Yamauchi added:
I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario.

He also added that players would probably be able to transfer save data from the 3 to the 4 if there were to be a PS4 version.

I tend to agree with his standpoint. Take this for example...there are 100 people, and 90 of them have a PS3. PS4 comes out, and only 40 of the original 100 get the 4, and the other 60 don't get it because it's either too expensive or there are massive shortages (PS2 release anyone?). It makes sense.

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on May 16 2013, 02:25 PM
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: May 17 2013, 06:47 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

GTPlanet joined a few other journalists in asking Kaz questions about GT6 at the Silverstone event. Here's everything discussed:

Can you explain the game’s new lighting engine in more detail?

It basically means the energy expressed in each one of the pixels is going to be represented more accurately. When the focus on the camera is on a certain item, the blurring and brightness of the area around it and how lights affect the environment will be rendered with more accuracy.

Is there going to be more car customization options? Are you going to be able to swap the engine or put decals on the car?

Both are technically possible, and we might be preparing it (laughs).

Will there be “Standard Cars” in GT6?

We won’t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won’t make all of the GT5′s Standard cars fully “Premiumized”. Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn’t be used in Photo Mode.  That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it. In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we’ve updated so they look better.

Will all of the cars have interior views?

No.

(Editor’s note: This apparently does not apply to all of the cars which were listed as “Standard” in GT5. For example, two cars which were prominently featured in the GT6 trailer and its first official batch of screenshots, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S, both appeared as Standard cars in GT5 but have apparently been converted to “full” Premium models – with interiors – in GT6.)

While improving the physics model, how do you keep the game accessible to a wide range of players?

I’ve mentioned some of this before but we are improving a lot of the driver assist functions for GT6. The other thing is that it’s sort of wrong to assume that making it more real will make it more difficult to drive. Everyone here, I am sure you all drive; it’s not that difficult – but people who can drive cars straight suddenly can’t drive in a video game! That’s because the reality isn’t really all there.

Now that we know GT6 is a PlayStation 3 game, can you explain to fans why that is? Do you have any plans for PS4?

We do have plans for PS4, but, of course, we have an order of things. First we’ll be releasing the PS3 version for the PS3, which has a huge audience already, and we’ll be providing updates every month and DLCs every month. Once players have played it all out and enjoyed themselves on the PS3, then the PS4 version might come out naturally around that time (laughs).  Focus on enjoying the PS3 version.

What’s the reason for the dramatically shorter development time frame for GT6, compared to GT5?

GT5 was really hard to develop, because the PS3 is a really complex piece of hardware, and it was the first time we built anything with an extensive online component.

What was the most complicated thing about developing the first game, and what was the most complicated thing about developing GT6?

It’s hard to look back to GT1 now! I think the hardest part of GT1 was to make something out of nothing, and to shape it and figure out exactly what a Gran Turismo game was going to be. The main difference between GT1 and GT6 is the scale of the game, it’s about 100 times bigger in scale. Initially we had 15 people working on the game and now we have 150 working on the game. But i think the one thing that hasn’t changed is that everyone working on it really enjoys the hard work.

Are there other plans to bring the game’s GPS functionality to more real-world cars?

I can’t really talk about it today, but aside from just GPS, we have a lot of different things planned with different manufacturers. I can say you will see a lot of interesting things come up in the months ahead.
PM
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 18 2013, 08:27 AM
Quote Post

I want a premium MKIV Supra...Actually it'd be nice to have some more cars from the buy-able in real life category...Like the sub 30k range. Just me?
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: May 18 2013, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (Blue-Sensei @ 2 hours, 40 minutes ago)
I want a premium MKIV Supra...Actually it'd be nice to have some more cars from the buy-able in real life category...Like the sub 30k range. Just me?

I agree entirely with you on the sub-30k category.
PM
Hero*
Posted: May 18 2013, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Derp!

I want to get all premium cars than standard cars like Forza 4.
PMEmail PosterMSN
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 18 2013, 09:20 PM
Quote Post

Also yknow...I don't need to have 40 Skylines...just the main variants, different liveries are fine..but a full car...come on PD.
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: May 18 2013, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (Blue-Sensei @ 32 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Also yknow...I don't need to have 40 Skylines...just the main variants, different liveries are fine..but a full car...come on PD.

Also agreed. That's what made GT5s lineup so bland. When you went into the UCD 80% of what you saw was Japanese cars with different variants.

I mean, look at this...this is according to the official car list.

SPOILER

And that's just Skylines...no Miatas, no Civics, or GT-Rs.

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on May 18 2013, 10:08 PM
PM
RIT_ninja
Posted: May 19 2013, 05:40 AM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Member No.: 213

I hope the standard cars will look much better and are photoshootable

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on May 19 2013, 05:41 AM
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 19 2013, 10:38 AM
Quote Post

Lastly I think they need to bring more customization back to the cars....actually nvm that doesn't really follow with a GT game. (Was thinking about NFSU series)
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: May 19 2013, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (RIT_ninja @ 6 hours, 30 minutes ago)
I hope the standard cars will look much better and are photoshootable

lol, Kaz said all cars (premium and standard) will be shootable in Photo Mode...read the interview above. tongue.gif

As for customization, I just hope there's at least a livery editor. Some NFSU levels of customization would be okay (like spoilers, rims, and aero kits), but they couldn't be the rice-type that was in NFSU.
PM
Normalaatsra
Posted: May 19 2013, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Member No.: 8,984

QUOTE (Blue-Sensei @ 5 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Lastly I think they need to bring more customization back to the cars....actually nvm that doesn't really follow with a GT game. (Was thinking about NFSU series)

omg seriously did no one read the questionnaire because TL; DR?
Kaz said that those requested options like engine swapping and decals are technically possible. We aren't sure what makes it different to others but at least there is confirmation some decal and swapping work can be made.
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 19 2013, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (Normalaatsra @ 2 hours, 34 minutes ago)
omg seriously did no one read the questionnaire because TL; DR?
Kaz said that those requested options like engine swapping and decals are technically possible. We aren't sure what makes it different to others but at least there is confirmation some decal and swapping work can be made.

That's the thing, the game can handle it...but will they do it lol. That's the real question.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: May 19 2013, 11:38 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

bring back race modification for many cars (like from GT2). the gt5 ones were sorta meh (plus hardly any cars could have them)

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on May 19 2013, 11:49 PM
GT3 RS
Posted: May 20 2013, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ Today, 1:38 AM)
bring back race modification for many cars (like from GT2). the gt5 ones were sorta meh (plus hardly any cars could have them)

lol, I never played GT2. What were race mods like in GT2 compared to GT5?

[ Post merged on May 20 2013, 05:56 PM ]
During the Nurburgring 24h Race, the first look of the GT6 'Ring was shown to viewers. Here are the videos in parts.

Part 1
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5DmAwnzOuBs )

Part 2
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU1LvjwSGlCZE-SIkZBiTZ2g&feature=player_embedded&v=WpXhCw_bGqw )

Part 3
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G6gIBNknjfc )

MotoGamesTV also made a comparison video with side-by-side footage of the sections seen in the GT6 version compared to that of GT5 (with GT5 audio, of course).
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zsBHH5Nda0o )

This also gives us a glimpse of one of the new cars...a Bilstein Audi R8 LMS, which appears to be a premium model!

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on May 20 2013, 05:57 PM
PM

Topic Options 19 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll