Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  « 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Irrationally disliked cars, The car only you don't like.
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (Deskyx @ 8 minutes, 47 seconds ago)
Did I even say Mr.Block is a talentless hack? I simply didn't like his style.

Yes open-wheels can be competent on dirt. Just look at dune buggies. They're open wheel and good for the dirt.

Of course not. Which is why people purpose build cars. Which is why I think some are doing it for the wrong purpose.

The response to that is you'd think it would be easy? Of course it would the RX7 FD runs with 911s and GT-Rs out of the box. Of the 86 would drift, it had thin ass tires from factory.

>Yes open-wheels can be competent on dirt. Just look at dune buggies. They're open wheel and good for the dirt.

Apart from dune buggies, how about cars like the BAC Mono? Or even actual race cars like F1 cars, GP2 cars, Renault 3.5...

They're made for a specific purpose and what's wrong with that?

if drifting's a stupid purpose, then why are there monster trucks, clearly they aren't made for lap times aren't they?

>The response to that is you'd think it would be easy? Of course it would the RX7 FD runs with 911s and GT-Rs out of the box. Of the 86 would drift, it had thin ass tires from factory.

How to build a performance car that can drift:

1. Take an RWD car
2. Give it power, weight reduction, chassis stiffening, the usual treatment
3a. Set it up for lap times, get good lap times
3b. Set it up for drifting, have fun

This post has been edited by +-!mma_N00B-+ on Dec 5 2014, 08:03 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Deskyx
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 08:14 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B-+ @ 12 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
Apart from dune buggies, how about cars like the BAC Mono? Or even actual race cars like F1 cars, GP2 cars, Renault 3.5...

They're made for a specific purpose and what's wrong with that?

if drifting's a stupid purpose, then why are there monster trucks, clearly they aren't made for lap times aren't they?

1. Take an RWD car
2. Give it power, weight reduction, chassis stiffening, the usual treatment
3a. Set it up for lap times, get good lap times
3b. Set it up for drifting, have fun

Well you said open-wheelers. Couldn't resist being a smartass.

Nothing is wrong with that. Its all subjective remember? This is all viewpoints from me, which I try to justify with fact.

There's stupid I like and stupid I don't. Stupid I like is making land speed records or setting lap times. Stupid I don't like is drifting. Hell the quest for speed itself can be called stupid. Everything irrational or driven by emotions or desire can be called stupid. Its just that people have different stupid things they like.

As a note I don't like monster trucks either.

1. Buy GT500/Hellcat/insert ludicrously powered muscle car
2. Drive
3. Slide
4. What lap time?
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 09:06 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (Deskyx @ 51 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
Well you said open-wheelers. Couldn't resist being a smartass.

Nothing is wrong with that. Its all subjective remember? This is all viewpoints from me, which I try to justify with fact.

There's stupid I like and stupid I don't. Stupid I like is making land speed records or setting lap times. Stupid I don't like is drifting. Hell the quest for speed itself can be called stupid. Everything irrational or driven by emotions or desire can be called stupid. Its just that people have different stupid things they like.

As a note I don't like monster trucks either.

1. Buy GT500/Hellcat/insert ludicrously powered muscle car
2. Drive
3. Slide
4. What lap time?

>Nothing is wrong with that. Its all subjective remember? This is all viewpoints from me, which I try to justify with fact.

>subjective
>can be justified with fact

>There's stupid I like and stupid I don't. Stupid I like is making land speed records or setting lap times. Stupid I don't like is drifting. Hell the quest for speed itself can be called stupid. Everything irrational or driven by emotions or desire can be called stupid. Its just that people have different stupid things they like.

Problem is you're starting to masquerade your thoughts about how drifting is stupid. If you learn to open your mind up and accept the fact that there are always wannabes out there then you'll have an extra few years added to your lifespan.

Most of the time, people are closed-minded enough to let the bad impressions get to them first and then hate on something. You seem to be one of them.

There are things in life I find stupid but you don't see me going around whining about this and that.

>How to build a performance car that can drift:
>1. Buy GT500/Hellcat/insert ludicrously powered muscle car
>2. Drive
>3. Slide
>4. What lap time?

this just supports my point too doesn't it? I'm starting to make you come up with illogical examples, I think I've already won this argument.
Deskyx
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B-+ @ 25 minutes, 3 seconds ago)
Problem is you're starting to masquerade your thoughts about how drifting is stupid. If you learn to open your mind up and accept the fact that there are always wannabes out there then you'll have an extra few years added to your lifespan.

Most of the time, people are closed-minded enough to let the bad impressions get to them first and then hate on something. You seem to be one of them.

There are things in life I find stupid but you don't see me going around whining about this and that.

this just supports my point too doesn't it? I'm starting to make you come up with illogical examples, I think I've already won this argument.

I still think drifting is stupid. I also think the thought of it is stupid, but I have done many stupid things in the past, the fact that doing something is stupid and will bring me no benefit has never deterred me.

I am a very closed minded person. No doubt about that. I whine a lot true, no arguments against.

No you haven't won the argument, you merely confounded me with your lack of coherence. The only reason why I can't win is because your counter-arguments confuse me. The only vibes I got from this whole charade is that you have been throwing misunderstood comments here and there under the excuse that I was implying.

However I am willing to stopif you don't wish to go on further and clutter the thread this and the other thread with our drivel.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

People are free to dislike whatever they want regardless how irrational. To some people NASCAR is just the sport that goes round and round. Doesn't matter that some of the most advanced brake material applications happen on a NASCAR short track if you find that kind of thing boring, it's boring to you much in the way that some people aren't interested in space exploration. Even if you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't serve a purpose. At the same time you can't force someone to be excited about it.
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

QUOTE (The J @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)
To some people NASCAR is just the sport that goes round and round.

I used to think of Nascar that way - then I tried it out with the closest possible simulation of it. It is not as easy as it looks. That's when I started to mellow down, accept the fact and adored it; not as much as how I like the Super GT, LeMans, etc. but I already like it. I never despised it.

-----------

@Deskyx

We can acknowledge the fact that you don't like Drifting as much as we do, but best you keep insults to a minimum, or at least put it at a more subtle level (swap "stupid" with less 'harmful' words for example)

No need to create an ass who'd protect the sport just because you're being an ass who condemns it.

QUOTE (+-!mma_N00B- @ +5 hours, 30 minutes ago)

I'll admit a year back, I have some bad blood with +-!mma_N00B-+ here due to some conflicts along with someone from another SE region and almost disagreed with most but, this is one thing I wholeheartedly agree with him about. And at least he's civil about it - an ass but is civil and mellow with his words.

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Dec 5 2014, 02:44 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Stavingo
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

Member No.: 9,901

I can totally understand what Imma Noob is trying to point out in his arguments Desky, just curious in saying how can you not comprehend in what he's saying with his rebuttals?

I'm not picking sides but from my point of view you pulled out the 'confused responses' card at a very odd time, considering the fact you've had like a 10+ post exchange only to tell him that now he's not making any sense with what he's saying.

Deskyx
Posted: Dec 5 2014, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ 4 hours, 37 minutes ago)
@Deskyx

We can acknowledge the fact that you don't like Drifting as much as we do, but best you keep insults to a minimum, or at least put it at a more subtle level (swap "stupid" with less 'harmful' words for example)

No need to create an ass who'd protect the sport just because you're being an ass who condemns it.

I'll admit a year back, I have some bad blood with +-!mma_N00B-+ here due to some conflicts along with someone from another SE region and almost disagreed with most but, this is one thing I wholeheartedly agree with him about. And at least he's civil about it - an ass but is civil and mellow with his words.

I felt I did not insult anybody but myself in using the word stupid. I feel my asssholery is not suppose to incite assholery. In fact I did not think he was acting like an ass. He simply did not argue in a sense that I would understand.

@Stavingo well then, can you explain to me why his response to:

You bought a "performance car". You tuned it for "performance". Has anyone ever tuned a car to go slower? Performance as I know isn't how well it slides around poles to satisfy JDMfags. An FD RX-7 wasn't build to drift. It was build to kill 911s and GTRs. They just found it drifted well. No car is built to drift from the factory except the Toyota 86."

Is you think that would be easy?

He lost on me the argument. What's he trying to say? It's difficult making an RX-7 compete against GT-Rs? Or it's difficult to make an 86 drift?

PMEmail Poster
Stavingo
Posted: Dec 6 2014, 06:17 AM
Quote Post

ey b0ss

Member No.: 9,901

His greentext or > points are his rebuttals to what you've said, what he was questioning with his response is that do you believe it would be really that easy to remove a few parts from track cars and make it drift and makes a few other points from the posts before.

I think this argument has become quite hilarious now, since it's boiling down to invalidating drifting in motorsport elements, when in reality it'll always be an element unless everyone stops drifting/oversteering

But whatever floats your boat.

This post has been edited by Stavingo on Dec 6 2014, 06:17 AM
Deskyx
Posted: Dec 6 2014, 06:37 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (Stavingo @ 20 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
I think this argument has become quite hilarious now, since it's boiling down to invalidating drifting in motorsport elements, when in reality it'll always be an element unless everyone stops drifting/oversteering

But whatever floats your boat.

It has in fact. Looking back at it I have defeated myself by pulling out more arguable points instead of sticking with rebuttals. In a sense, I have lost by own hand.

Ehh, the flames have died now, I hope no hostilities are formed between me & him.
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Dec 12 2014, 12:23 AM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 1,760

Current gen BMWs, mainly F80/82 3/4 series. BMW have lost their touch. They've sold out to the lower market bracket. Their cars are still expensive but their lease programs are so ridiculously affordable that I'll actually see more of them driving around than their (previously) European equivalents. f**k I see more dickheads in 420i's smashing it around the place than GTI's.

Their new cars aren't even that much better than the previous gen E90s and such. Interiors are more or less the same with a few updates (read: not shit iDrive) and sure they've updated the styling a bit but for a car that's meant to be sold for the next 6/7 years, they've done a crap job. Would get a Golf 7R over this any day. Actually that's exactly what I did.

Honestly I hate it so much.
PMEmail PosterMSN
N643
Posted: Dec 14 2014, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

lost interest in.cars for a long time now, unless its a rare classic

have moved on to bikes for a while now, cant stand electric bikes.as they.can go on sidewalks
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 4 Pages  « 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll