Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

205 Pages  « 190 191 192 193 194 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> WMMT Gamer's Journal Book 3, a new thread for new stuff :)
vash944
Posted: Mar 20 2019, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (MilleChan @ Today, 6:52 AM)
no time no post. been retired since nov 2017. i'm planning to gp back in action as much as possible as soon as wangan 6 is released. well my journey to SSSSS definitely won't be easy. but lets see if i can make it HAHAHAHAHA

Same here... were going for one bloody journey to SSSSS then =P
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
RayoK
Posted: Mar 20 2019, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,136

Im just wondering does winning 3 ghost in the new ghost equates to 3 wins or 1 wins?

Because if they gonna follow the star count system for ghost, then ranking by ghost will be easier
Although I think it will stick to the old system of 1 win
PMEmail Poster
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 20 2019, 10:06 PM
Quote Post

No Talent

Member No.: 9,155

yessir. HAHAHAHA. it looks like we'll be spending quite some time reaching SSSSS. HAHAHAHAHA
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RB33
Posted: Mar 21 2019, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 167

QUOTE (MilleChan @ Yesterday, 10:06 PM)
yessir. HAHAHAHA. it looks like we'll be spending quite some time reaching SSSSS. HAHAHAHAHA

I'll be munching on popcorn while watching you guys set new records tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 22 2019, 02:42 AM
Quote Post

No Talent

QUOTE (RB33 @ Yesterday, 12:46 PM)
I'll be munching on popcorn while watching you guys set new records tongue.gif

well get your years supply of popcorn ready then HAHAHAHA
PMEmail PosterYahoo
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Mar 22 2019, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,925

Wipe-out Metro Kanagawa times... and 9'09 mark isn't too satisfying anymore since that course will be 0.5 faster in MT6.

----

Personal times near the end of 5DX+...

9'09"501 R35
9'09"566 Countach
9'09"857 M1
9'09"871 FD
9'09"961 SVX
9'10"055 2000GT
9'10"086 R34 (This makes me feel bad...)
9'10"789 C3
9'10"799 GC8 (Feels the most satisfying IMO, considering a ride that is in the worst-tier as far as top-end goes)
9'12"383 R2

And a bunch of pilot jobs (some one-shots) along the way borrowing acquaintance's rides lol

---

Maybe I'll take it easy on the TA runs for now and save 'em up for MT6.
PMEmail PosterYahoo
vash944
Posted: Mar 22 2019, 05:23 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Sooo... NBGI gonna implement Wangan Navigator in WMMT6 International version...

Also If I can reach my BCNR33 to SSSS (Currently SSS5) until WMMT6 came out... however if I can get myself to push it further again rolleyes.gif
dreyone
Posted: Mar 24 2019, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 11,004

Went to several venues this weekend and raced a bunch.

Went to the Sun Valley Round 1 in Concord on Friday. Unfortunately wasn't too many people racing there so I was mostly just doing ghost battles. I'm finally able to compete with my AE86 ghost with my R34 on Hakone, it was a little tricky getting the hang of it as the R34 is quite heavy and performs significantly different from the 86, but I'm now comfortable enough with it that I can beat my own ghost.

Yesterday (Saturday) went to the Golfland in Castro Valley and played some more there. None of the pro player regulars were there this time so I unfortunately didn't get a chance to race them again, but I did attempt to go for the Crown on Hakone (currently held by DAFFY) only to be utterly defeated (this guy's very good!)

I managed to get two banapassport cards for the price of one because someone left a credit in the wangan terminal, so I now have two more cards and much more room for new cars. Got a HiACE, lifted HiACE, Mr2 (accidentally, because I was inputting the Hiace code wrong), Ruf RGT (really neat car!), and a BMW m3. I'm doing full grip tune on the HiACE and full power tune on the lifted one for trolling purposes. Named both of them "GUEST" for additional lulz.

Did a few VS rounds with a couple other Banapassport players, nothing fancy.

Ended up meeting up with my girlfriend and her cousins/brother to go play some laser tag in Newark (lots of fun if you guys have never tried it btw, that one in particular has a pretty cool course to play in), and after that we decided to head over to the Round 1 in San Jose since it was closer than the one in Concord and it was already around 11 PM.

The San Jose Round 1 was PACKED with Banapassport players. All 8 of the machines were in heavy use by them, so I unfortunately had to a wait a while before I could play. I think the last time I saw this many WMMT players congregating in one arcade was back in 2005!

Finally managed to get a free cabinet only to discover the shifters were very wonky and kept randomly popping into neutral from 2nd, 4th, and sometimes 5th and 6th. Decided to just do a few story mode runs with the HiACE to work on that grip tune.

Eventually someone freed up a good cabinet and I switched to that one. All the guys were pretty good and were beating me on all the other courses, but once we switched to Hakone the tables turned and I started coming in 1st place. I guess all that time I've spent practicing that course is starting to pay off!

Eventually an S8 rank Asian guy challenged me with his Evo and beat me on Hakone, but I was ahead of him for the majority of the course. I made a bad mistake towards the end and allowed him to catch up. If I hadn't done that I'm confident I would have won. Raced him again but he picked C1 and he beat me since I'm not great on that course (mainly just run Hakone).

There was a yellow GTR driver who was asking me about how I was taking the corners so fast on Hakone and I kind of feel bad because I gave him a very cut-down summary and didn't provide a more detailed explanation. Hopefully if he has a chance to read this I can explain in further detail here.

I'm by no means an expert on Hakone, and I am still nowhere near as skilled as some other players like DAFFY, TOFU, MCR, etc, but I can share with you what I've learned about Hakone so far since I'm always racing on that course.

I've personally found that the best setup to use on this course is usually somewhere between balance and grip. I generally go 680/G or 720/B, depending on who I'm racing. You can go for more power if you want to be faster in the straights, but I feel like this course just doesn't have enough straights to compensate for speed lost in corners if your throttle control isn't super good, so I advise against going for power tuning unless you're especially confident in your cornering skills.

You can stay in 4th gear for basically 99% of the course (if youre driving 5MT, that is). I barely touch the shifter for the majority of the course and only occasionally drop into 3rd gear for the red corners and occasionally some of the yellow corners.

On Hakone Inbound, the first series of corners you can pretty much go full throttle in 4th gear through. The trick is to "swing" the car and use the weight shift from swerving through these corners to help your car slide through. Try to use as much of the road as possible, fight the urge to counter steer/correct unless you're about to hit a wall. Get as close to the walls as possible.

One of the first corners will be slightly sharper than the rest. When approaching this corner, I first swing the car to the OUTSIDE, and then sharply turn in to initiate a weight transfer/inertia drift. As the car is turning in, let off the throttle briefly and then press it down again to induce a slight amount of oversteer. If you're still going too fast, you can drop into 3rd and stay in it for the next few corners. I am not 100% sure if you'll lose any speed or not, but it feels faster when I stay in 4th.

As you continue going through the corners, there's going to be more (yellow) corners surrounded by grass leading up to a very sharp (red) corner with a small grass hill on the side. The trick to maintain control through this series of corners in 4th gear while driving 720/B setup is to ease off the throttle just before the final corner before the red corner, and then press the throttle down as you're exiting and proceeding towards the red corner. Get as close to the right wall as you can without hitting it. The key to avoid tapping that wall is easing off the throttle just before the corner leading up to that little straight and going full throttle once you've corrected course.

For the sharp red corner with the little grass hill, again swing the car to the OUTSIDE first. Let off the throttle completely. If executed correctly, you don't need to use your brake at all. Let the rear tires of your car touch the grass (it wont slow you down - use as MUCH of the road as you can), drop to 3rd gear and full power as you exit the corner. If executed correctly you wont touch any walls. Note if you turn too sharply, the wheels will emit a higher pitch screeching sound and you'll actually lose speed. If that happens, you'll have to briefly drop to 2nd gear to recover on exit. The key to avoiding this is to use as much of the road as possible, so when you're entering the corner you're all the way on the outside with your rear tires touching the grass, and as you exit you move all the way across the width of the road. If you do this you won't have to steer as much, and the less you steer the quicker you go.

For most of the rest of the course, it's going to be full throttle in 4th gear. There's a few sharper (yellow) turns with tall walls which I recommend dropping into 3rd gear for. These will eventually lead to a series of hairpin corners with a nice view from the mountain.

For these hairpins, I stay in 3rd gear and modulate the throttle heavily. It's hard to describe in words precisely how to tackle these corners, so I guess the b est way to describe it is just feel the weight of the car. Understand where the center of the car's gravity is and "swing" the car to minimize steering effort. Let the weight transfer do the steering and again, use as much of the road as possible.

In the middle of these is a somewhat deceptive red "S" corner, that seems to start off as a mild left but segue ways into a very sharp right. For this corner, I completely let off the throttle as I approach, and step on it after turning right as I'm exiting.

For the rest of the course itll be pretty much all in 4th gear. There is yellow corner that you can basically treat as a blue corner and stay in full throttle for. During the last series of corners there is going to be a series of relatively mild 4th gear yellow corners leading to the finish line, but the second to last corner will require you to briefly let off the throttle to avoid hitting the outside wall. You can also "swing" the car to reduce the amount of time you have to be off the throttle from the outside into the inside of this corner.

It's important not to drop into 3rd gear during this last part of the race as that will cause you to lose enough speed to let your opponent catch up to you. You may need to do this if you hit a wall and need to recover, but at that point you will likely already have lost. Avoid changing gears as much as possible, reduce your steering to a minimum to go as quick as you can

Hope this helps anyone struggling to figure out Hakone, and again remember I'm still not an expert on this course and anywhere near as skilled as some other players are, so consider this only the "first level" of mastering this course. For more advanced techniques, look on Youtube. The technique I describe here is called "Throttle modulation" which is DIFFERENT from throttle control/1.5 throttle. 1.5 boost throttle control requires more skill to execute properly, but if you look on Youtube you can see some videos that go into more detail on that. A lot of the really pro players I've seen race Hakone don't even seem to ever drop to 3rd gear and use 1.5 boost a LOT for controlling their cornering.

P.S. Also special note for R34 drivers. The GT-R is HEAVY. It will slide a LOT more than other cars on this course (especially my AE86), so try to bare that in mind when cornering. If you try to copy my lines you're going to hit the walls. Remember that the car is heavy and you're going to need to be able to let it slide as much as it can to avoid losing speed

Few other helpful tips: Doing ghost battles against yourself on Hakone is a good way to improve your track times. When you're behind your ghost you have a good view of any mistakes you make so you can avoid repeating them, and you'll be able to figure out how to take certain corners faster to try to overtake your ghost

Also I turn off music completely for serious driving as I can hear the engine better. If you know the sounds of your car well you dont even really need to look at the gauges and can just shift based on the engine sound

This post has been edited by dreyone on Mar 24 2019, 02:46 PM
PMEmail Poster
RB33
Posted: Mar 24 2019, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

QUOTE (dreyone @ 3 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Went to several venues this weekend and raced a bunch.

Went to the Sun Valley Round 1 in Concord on Friday. Unfortunately wasn't too many people racing there so I was mostly just doing ghost battles. I'm finally able to compete with my AE86 ghost with my R34 on Hakone, it was a little tricky getting the hang of it as the R34 is quite heavy and performs significantly different from the 86, but I'm now comfortable enough with it that I can beat my own ghost.

Yesterday (Saturday) went to the Golfland in Castro Valley and played some more there. None of the pro player regulars were there this time so I unfortunately didn't get a chance to race them again, but I did attempt to go for the Crown on Hakone (currently held by DAFFY) only to be utterly defeated (this guy's very good!)

I managed to get two banapassport cards for the price of one because someone left a credit in the wangan terminal, so I now have two more cards and much more room for new cars. Got a HiACE, lifted HiACE, Mr2 (accidentally, because I was inputting the Hiace code wrong), Ruf RGT (really neat car!), and a BMW m3. I'm doing full grip tune on the HiACE and full power tune on the lifted one for trolling purposes. Named both of them "GUEST" for additional lulz.

Did a few VS rounds with a couple other Banapassport players, nothing fancy.

Ended up meeting up with my girlfriend and her cousins/brother to go play some laser tag in Newark (lots of fun if you guys have never tried it btw, that one in particular has a pretty cool course to play in), and after that we decided to head over to the Round 1 in San Jose since it was closer than the one in Concord and it was already around 11 PM.

The San Jose Round 1 was PACKED with Banapassport players. All 8 of the machines were in heavy use by them, so I unfortunately had to a wait a while before I could play. I think the last time I saw this many WMMT players congregating in one arcade was back in 2005!

Finally managed to get a free cabinet only to discover the shifters were very wonky and kept randomly popping into neutral from 2nd, 4th, and sometimes 5th and 6th. Decided to just do a few story mode runs with the HiACE to work on that grip tune.

Eventually someone freed up a good cabinet and I switched to that one. All the guys were pretty good and were beating me on all the other courses, but once we switched to Hakone the tables turned and I started coming in 1st place. I guess all that time I've spent practicing that course is starting to pay off!

Eventually an S8 rank Asian guy challenged me with his Evo and beat me on Hakone, but I was ahead of him for the majority of the course. I made a bad mistake towards the end and allowed him to catch up. If I hadn't done that I'm confident I would have won. Raced him again but he picked C1 and he beat me since I'm not great on that course (mainly just run Hakone).

There was a yellow GTR driver who was asking me about how I was taking the corners so fast on Hakone and I kind of feel bad because I gave him a very cut-down summary and didn't provide a more detailed explanation. Hopefully if he has a chance to read this I can explain in further detail here.

I'm by no means an expert on Hakone, and I am still nowhere near as skilled as some other players like DAFFY, TOFU, MCR, etc, but I can share with you what I've learned about Hakone so far since I'm always racing on that course.

I've personally found that the best setup to use on this course is usually somewhere between balance and grip. I generally go 680/G or 720/B, depending on who I'm racing. You can go for more power if you want to be faster in the straights, but I feel like this course just doesn't have enough straights to compensate for speed lost in corners if your throttle control isn't super good, so I advise against going for power tuning unless you're especially confident in your cornering skills.

You can stay in 4th gear for basically 99% of the course (if youre driving 5MT, that is). I barely touch the shifter for the majority of the course and only occasionally drop into 3rd gear for the red corners and occasionally some of the yellow corners.

On Hakone Inbound, the first series of corners you can pretty much go full throttle in 4th gear through. The trick is to "swing" the car and use the weight shift from swerving through these corners to help your car slide through. Try to use as much of the road as possible, fight the urge to counter steer/correct unless you're about to hit a wall. Get as close to the walls as possible.

One of the first corners will be slightly sharper than the rest. When approaching this corner, I first swing the car to the OUTSIDE, and then sharply turn in to initiate a weight transfer/inertia drift. As the car is turning in, let off the throttle briefly and then press it down again to induce a slight amount of oversteer. If you're still going too fast, you can drop into 3rd and stay in it for the next few corners. I am not 100% sure if you'll lose any speed or not, but it feels faster when I stay in 4th.

As you continue going through the corners, there's going to be more (yellow) corners surrounded by grass leading up to a very sharp (red) corner with a small grass hill on the side. The trick to maintain control through this series of corners in 4th gear while driving 720/B setup is to ease off the throttle just before the final corner before the red corner, and then press the throttle down as you're exiting and proceeding towards the red corner. Get as close to the right wall as you can without hitting it. The key to avoid tapping that wall is easing off the throttle just before the corner leading up to that little straight and going full throttle once you've corrected course.

For the sharp red corner with the little grass hill, again swing the car to the OUTSIDE first. Let off the throttle completely. If executed correctly, you don't need to use your brake at all. Let the rear tires of your car touch the grass (it wont slow you down - use as MUCH of the road as you can), drop to 3rd gear and full power as you exit the corner. If executed correctly you wont touch any walls. Note if you turn too sharply, the wheels will emit a higher pitch screeching sound and you'll actually lose speed. If that happens, you'll have to briefly drop to 2nd gear to recover on exit. The key to avoiding this is to use as much of the road as possible, so when you're entering the corner you're all the way on the outside with your rear tires touching the grass, and as you exit you move all the way across the width of the road. If you do this you won't have to steer as much, and the less you steer the quicker you go.

For most of the rest of the course, it's going to be full throttle in 4th gear. There's a few sharper (yellow) turns with tall walls which I recommend dropping into 3rd gear for. These will eventually lead to a series of hairpin corners with a nice view from the mountain.

For these hairpins, I stay in 3rd gear and modulate the throttle heavily. It's hard to describe in words precisely how to tackle these corners, so I guess the b est way to describe it is just feel the weight of the car. Understand where the center of the car's gravity is and "swing" the car to minimize steering effort. Let the weight transfer do the steering and again, use as much of the road as possible.

In the middle of these is a somewhat deceptive red "S" corner, that seems to start off as a mild left but segue ways into a very sharp right. For this corner, I completely let off the throttle as I approach, and step on it after turning right as I'm exiting.

For the rest of the course itll be pretty much all in 4th gear. There is yellow corner that you can basically treat as a blue corner and stay in full throttle for. During the last series of corners there is going to be a series of relatively mild 4th gear yellow corners leading to the finish line, but the second to last corner will require you to briefly let off the throttle to avoid hitting the outside wall. You can also "swing" the car to reduce the amount of time you have to be off the throttle from the outside into the inside of this corner.

It's important not to drop into 3rd gear during this last part of the race as that will cause you to lose enough speed to let your opponent catch up to you. You may need to do this if you hit a wall and need to recover, but at that point you will likely already have lost. Avoid changing gears as much as possible, reduce your steering to a minimum to go as quick as you can

Hope this helps anyone struggling to figure out Hakone, and again remember I'm still not an expert on this course and anywhere near as skilled as some other players are, so consider this only the "first level" of mastering this course. For more advanced techniques, look on Youtube. The technique I describe here is called "Throttle modulation" which is DIFFERENT from throttle control/1.5 throttle. 1.5 boost throttle control requires more skill to execute properly, but if you look on Youtube you can see some videos that go into more detail on that. A lot of the really pro players I've seen race Hakone don't even seem to ever drop to 3rd gear and use 1.5 boost a LOT for controlling their cornering.

P.S. Also special note for R34 drivers. The GT-R is HEAVY. It will slide a LOT more than other cars on this course (especially my AE86), so try to bare that in mind when cornering. If you try to copy my lines you're going to hit the walls. Remember that the car is heavy and you're going to need to be able to let it slide as much as it can to avoid losing speed

Few other helpful tips: Doing ghost battles against yourself on Hakone is a good way to improve your track times. When you're behind your ghost you have a good view of any mistakes you make so you can avoid repeating them, and you'll be able to figure out how to take certain corners faster to try to overtake your ghost

Also I turn off music completely for serious driving as I can hear the engine better. If you know the sounds of your car well you dont even really need to look at the gauges and can just shift based on the engine sound

Your post reminds me of how passionately and detailed we in sharing our gaming sessions from so long ago smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Mar 25 2019, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (RB33 @ Yesterday, 4:49 PM)
Your post reminds me of how passionately and detailed we in sharing our gaming sessions from so long ago smile.gif

Right on!
PMEmail Poster
RayoK
Posted: Mar 25 2019, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,136

Metro tokyo, currently at 12:06.7xx, theory at 12:05.9xx
That outward transition to ccw... Well either this or outward itself... fear2.gif

And I must bear in mind not to battle right after metro session, that handling is just so different... or probably im just a noob >.<
PMEmail Poster
RB33
Posted: Mar 26 2019, 11:33 AM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

QUOTE (MilleChan @ Mar 22 2019, 02:42 AM)
well get your years supply of popcorn ready then HAHAHAHA

Ssshh my wife will kill me if she finds out I spent a lot of money by hoarding popcorn stuart2.gif

This post has been edited by RB33 on Mar 26 2019, 11:33 AM
PMEmail Poster
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 26 2019, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

No Talent

QUOTE (brian_infinispirit @ Mar 22 2019, 05:00 AM)
Wipe-out Metro Kanagawa times... and 9'09 mark isn't too satisfying anymore since that course will be 0.5 faster in MT6.

----

Personal times near the end of 5DX+...

9'09"501 R35
9'09"566 Countach
9'09"857 M1
9'09"871 FD
9'09"961 SVX
9'10"055 2000GT
9'10"086 R34 (This makes me feel bad...)
9'10"789 C3
9'10"799 GC8 (Feels the most satisfying IMO, considering a ride that is in the worst-tier as far as top-end goes)
9'12"383 R2

And a bunch of pilot jobs (some one-shots) along the way borrowing acquaintance's rides lol

---

Maybe I'll take it easy on the TA runs for now and save 'em up for MT6.

I can recommend using your countach in breaking the 9 08 mark. It really is OP
PMEmail PosterYahoo
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 26 2019, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

No Talent

QUOTE (RB33 @ 8 hours, 53 minutes ago)
Ssshh my wife will kill me if she finds out I spent a lot of money by hoarding popcorn stuart2.gif

not only that but also will health problems will soon rise HAHAHAHA
PMEmail PosterYahoo
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Mar 27 2019, 05:07 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 9,925

QUOTE (MilleChan @ 8 hours, 41 minutes ago)
I can recommend using your countach in breaking the 9 08 mark. It really is OP

I would personally feel better hitting 9'08"9 first with Countach than R35, esp. considering Countach has at least +0.150 disadvantage in straightaway sections.

But then again, theory =/= reality lol
PMEmail PosterYahoo
RB33
Posted: Mar 27 2019, 07:19 AM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

QUOTE (MilleChan @ Yesterday, 8:27 PM)
not only that but also will health problems will soon rise HAHAHAHA

But but but... But popcorn is good! stuart2.gif
PMEmail Poster
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 05:29 AM
Quote Post

No Talent

played some metro highway a while ago at sm megamall.

SPOILER
PMEmail PosterYahoo
vash944
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (MilleChan @ Today, 5:29 AM)
played some metro highway a while ago at sm megamall.

SPOILER

lemme guess is dat WoF?? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Timezone unless some crew did edited the settings

SPOILER

also was aiming for SSSS on my BCNR33... currently at SSS5 tho, can get it at SSS4 if I can play after work

maybe gonna do more story mode and keep the battle stars on WMMT6

This post has been edited by vash944 on Mar 28 2019, 07:57 PM
MilleChan
Posted: Mar 28 2019, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

No Talent

QUOTE (vash944 @ 23 minutes, 48 seconds ago)
lemme guess is dat WoF?? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Timezone unless some crew did edited the settings

SPOILER

also was aiming for SSSS on my BCNR33... currently at SSS5 tho, can get it at SSS4 if I can play after work

maybe gonna do more story mode and keep the battle stars on WMMT6

yep wof mega. HAHAHAHA
PMEmail PosterYahoo
dreyone
Posted: Mar 31 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Played some more this weekend at Eastridge Round 1 in San Jose and the Castro Valley Golfland

San Jose was packed with players as usual, although there wasn't as many folks as the last time I was there.

Played against a bunch of S rank guys with Evo9s, got some good practice in with the AE86 on a few other courses.

Been playing more TA lately. I decided to try running Hakone on higher HP settings to see if I can manage a better time. Can only manage 2:34 on inbound at the moment. Definitely need to improve.
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Apr 7 2019, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Played some more this weekend at the Golfland in Castro Valley and the Round 1 in Concord.

Managed to cut my TA on Hakone Inbound down to 2:33, still 8 seconds too slow but every improvement counts.

Doing lots of story mode runs to tune up my R35, just a few more to go

Encountered a few more violent cabinet slammers and decided to just vs them and make them rage quit. One of them was going absolutely ham on the cabinets and making the entire thing wobble as he was banging on it and yanking the steering wheel. Another kid was hanging off the shift lever with his whole body's weight on it. AT players slamming the stick for no reason, etc. Such a shame so many people abuse these expensive machines

Also ran into a guy who said he lost his banapass, didn't know about registration so he lost his car(s?)

I offered him a discard but he didn't have another banapass. Better luck next time I guess

This post has been edited by dreyone on Apr 7 2019, 01:55 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Apr 12 2019, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

WMMT5DX+

- BCNR33's rank is now SSS4... after reaching 1000th ghost win and playing on 8th loop of JapCha, now I have to see where is my next 250th JapCha Win then go at Story Mode to reach SSSS

- If lucky enough to reach SSSS on BCNR33 before reaching WMMT6 that I would say my 2nd Legit SSSS on the same card
nel3
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 12:03 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 10,913

i just got back from a trip to Japan/Tokyo/Kyoto. played some Initial D Zero and MT6, both of which arent in Canada as far as i know yet. playing without a card is better for Initial D but there werent many people in the brief time i spent at those areas.

played some MT6 at Round 1 in diver city mall. played vs 3 other players. i didnt check to see if they had FT cars or not until my vs challenge was made. i obviously lost the games as a guest car but i had fun none the less. though the players there were rather nice and honored/impressed??? that id still make the challenge with a stock car despite the disadvantages. i also didnt make a fool out of myself like the typical newb/noob guest cars that usually show up at the arcades.

i find MT series to be more brutal than Initial D series for normal guest challengers who dont have a card. i couldnt spend sufficient time nor money to warrant a JPN MT6 card so i just tried the newer courses and some stock car TA runs.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Apr 13 2019, 12:05 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

QUOTE (nel3 @ 4 hours, 34 minutes ago)
i just got back from a trip to Japan/Tokyo/Kyoto. played some Initial D Zero and MT6, both of which arent in Canada as far as i know yet. playing without a card is better for Initial D but there werent many people in the brief time i spent at those areas.

played some MT6 at Round 1 in diver city mall. played vs 3 other players. i didnt check to see if they had FT cars or not until my vs challenge was made. i obviously lost the games as a guest car but i had fun none the less. though the players there were rather nice and honored/impressed??? that id still make the challenge with a stock car despite the disadvantages. i also didnt make a fool out of myself like the typical newb/noob guest cars that usually show up at the arcades.

i find MT series to be more brutal than Initial D series for normal guest challengers who dont have a card. i couldnt spend sufficient time nor money to warrant a JPN MT6 card so i just tried the newer courses and some stock car TA runs.

From what I heard the Banapass for WMMT6 JPN uses a new system and hopefully unites all of the arcade cards from namely SEGA, NBGJ and even Konami... and literally your JPN Banapass can be used in majority of Arcade games

Supposedly that our standard Banapass should work in JPN, can't confirm it tho... but I just saw it from the JPN Banapass site which was implemented late october 2018

nel3
Posted: Apr 13 2019, 07:45 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 10,913

QUOTE (vash944 @ 3 hours, 8 minutes ago)
From what I heard the Banapass for WMMT6 JPN uses a new system and hopefully unites all of the arcade cards from namely SEGA, NBGJ and even Konami... and literally your JPN Banapass can be used in majority of Arcade games

Supposedly that our standard Banapass should work in JPN,  can't confirm it tho... but I just saw it from the JPN Banapass site which was implemented late october 2018

thank for the reply however my problem lies elsewhere. in Montreal, we're still on MT5 (not DX) and its english language. id have to get a JPN banana pass first then luck out on a discard then +80 story mode to get a full tune card. i didnt have time to even get that far in the short time i visited the 4 arcades in Japan. i stuck with a 280HP guest car during the 10 or so games i played over there.

i dont intend to transfer any ENG card, not even my spare ENG card as it holds my 600HP discards of SVX, R33 and FD32. the maximum tune site doesnt even allow my North American card to be registered online. now if i get a 3rd MT5 card ENG with some FT cars in Canada and bring the card over to Japan on my next trip to be able to battle on a more even table on MT6 JPN version then thats a possibility to use (providing the ENG card isnt region locked).

the latter option im willing to try if it all works out region wise. that will mean that it would require some plays to be done to get the car up to speed on the english versions. i try not to think about a dollar value when it comes to arcade games for obvious reason that id rather not fathom how much was spent on them. even a blank Initial D Zero card will work but its all useless if the cards are tied to the region language games in regards from Canada->Japan.

i dont even know how much money i spent back in the days when Soul Calibur 2-3 were in arcades and Initial D versions 2-4 were in stock. even MT2->4 had a fair amount of usage though Initial D was my main focus till they cabinets disappeared.

the reason why i didnt have much time for arcades was that it was my first trip to Japan (10 days) with an organized tour group. i did arrive a day early for a solo day in Tokyo but then the other free schedule day was my last day of the trip so i had other places to see at the same time.

next trip im looking at going solo for the most part. not sure when next year it will be but likely april if things work out well until then.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Apr 13 2019, 08:20 PM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 205 Pages  « 190 191 192 193 194 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll