Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

193 Pages  « 191 192 193  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> WMMT Gamer's Journal Book 3, a new thread for new stuff :)
N643
Posted: Apr 14 2019, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,878

just used your regular pass, then asl for discard and bang out story mode in one afternoon

i do that all the tine, its not hard
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Apr 14 2019, 01:54 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,004

Played some more this weekend at Concord Round 1 and Castro Valley Golfland. Just mostly finishing up story mode to tune some cars and doing some ghost battles.

Took a few crowns at Golfland with my R34. Didnt have enough time to take the rest.

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Apr 14 2019, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 10,913

QUOTE (N643 @ 8 hours, 3 minutes ago)
just used your regular pass, then asl for discard  and bang out story mode in one afternoon

i do that all the tine, its not hard

yeah, my patience isnt that great for story mode grinding. 20-30 races np, 40 no thanks; 60 n ty. it usually takes 3-4 visits for me to FT a car. though there were more than a few locations that were quiet enough to get some good potential progress. if i spend +4hrs doing same thing it does get a bit boring doing the same thing but i also do get those times where you are so frustratingly close to your goal that i MUST achieve it in that session. the most i ever spent in 1 arcade session was $40, $20-30 is the usual amount i spend on any given day though if its too busy $15 is sufficient if its peak usage for the machines.

though would it even work to have a JPN car mixed onto a banana pass with other ENG cars? i only ever played ENG versions before so cross compatibility is a bit confusing to me ATM.

anyways using my main cards in JPN MT6 is a non starter. there are around 1:2 ratio for arcades to 7/11 in Japan as far as distribution. im not sure about USA or other countries but the arcades have mostly died off around a decade ago in the areas im around ie Montreal Canada. there are only a handful of arcades few and far between and none have gone past MT5. there are some more retro ones that rarely if ever update the game selection. the one i go to locally keeps up most of the time but i dont think we'll ever get MT5DX, its more likely it'll jump to MT6 when its deemed time to do so.

getting a 3rd card that i can update to MT6 in Japan is fine but i cant do that to my main MT5 cards locally. it would isolate them in a version whose arrival is TBD at the very least. i do plan on going back to Japan again and i'll probably just go and get a 3rd card, bang out a FT car and save it for the next trip. the JCESE isnt the best car for me but i still like it alot and its a god damned tank .

EDIT: so i made a new card today, used 3 of my discards from my main card. put a R33 and JCESE on the card and left the 3rd discard open. got the R33 to story stage 40/700HP from a 600 hp car, got the JCESE to 620HP. will FT both of the cars then let the card sit around for a while, no sense in doing any body kits or wheels if its gonna be lost when it transfers to MT6 when i can do so. MT6 might even be a year away at minimum locally at this point. hopefully they put the EVO7 into MT6 so i can use it when the time comes.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Apr 14 2019, 06:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Apr 15 2019, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

id0 is even easier to ft as first game is free and all u have to do is just platinum on online vs and u level up to 50 or so (which is past ft spec)

then u reenter the game for your first time reward and your pretty much near ft (i think its spec 5 )
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Apr 15 2019, 12:12 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Member No.: 10,913

QUOTE (N643 @ 5 hours, 51 minutes ago)
id0 is even easier to ft as first game is free and all u have to do is just platinum on online vs and u level up to 50 or so (which is past ft spec)

then u reenter the game for your first time reward and your pretty much near ft (i think its spec 5 )

yeah thats a game that was close to my heart though it was stopped at AS4 in Canada. then i moved onto MT5. i still love to play IDv2-3 on the very few cabs that do remain locally. unfortunatley in the brief time i was there there werent many players on the cabs to VS, i did VS a newb and won 3 games but none with cards. i did visit the arcades midday but its the evening where you'd see more people there.

ID v2-3 has more attachment to me than ID0 but im not sure how it holds to me compared to MT5-6 at this point. i still have fun playing both which is the important thing. i might start a ID0 card when i go back there but there is no local arcade that will ever get the game (unless the owners give it a 2nd shot). though VSing a FT car with stock ID0 car is sufficient for the time being. that being said, i havent seen how they stack up in comparison in battle to ie MT5 280HP guest VS FT 760HP Fukuoka (any course) card. yeah

i do hope to visit Mikado game center on my next visit, saw it on YT and they might still have Soul calibur 2-3 there. none of those i came by in my trip had it but had even older games in stock.

EDIT: yeah ID0 is much more forgiving vs the full tune cars. stock run 20-30 KM/HR slower and shift into top gear faster that FT. its much more forgiving that being left in the dust 280HP vs +830HP. though given similar runs as seen on YT vid comparison there is a 29 second gap timing between stock and FT cars

This post has been edited by nel3 on Yesterday, 4:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Today, 7:00 AM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

WMMT5DX+

- Yesterday, managed to reach SSS3 on BCNR33 on 425th JapCha wins... maybe my next win is somewhere 675th win...
PMEmail PosterUsers Website

Topic Options 193 Pages  « 191 192 193  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll