• Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Where are ya from?, Just a brief intro to your locale
Takayuki-Kuroki
  Posted: Feb 10 2016, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,502

Where are you located? Country? Continent? City? Whichever you'd like. Tell us about your favorite spots (don't need to name names if you'd prefer not to), and if you're more keen toward the touge or the expressway?

I personally favor both about the same. There was a popular backroad spot me and the gang from high school used to hit but has since had residential buildings developed, and is now patrolled by police. The highways are always a safe haven but on weekends, I try and shoot for early morning to avoid the people coming home from bars. (I live near a big city)
-Southern U.S.A. resident here.
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Feb 10 2016, 10:59 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,055

Maryland USA, resident of the north east, I'm just outside of the Washington D.C. area.

I'm a road course guy, so I'd say I'm definitely a touge/backroads person, but not a drifter. In turn, as far as Japanese hashiriya culture goes, I'm much more partial to the expressways, due to the C1 Loop in Tokyo and Kanjo racers in Osaka being close counterparts to the circuits. I love Japanese touges, but any activity that still resides today is primarily drifting and though I appreciate it, it's not my thing.

This post has been edited by MaikazeFD3S on Feb 10 2016, 11:09 AM
PMEmail Poster
Takayuki-Kuroki
  Posted: Feb 10 2016, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 10,502

Right on. Drifting isn't exactly my thing either, although it's fun. I'm not one for a track environment though. I'm very much more into the Street side of things. Hope to hear from more of you!
PMEmail Poster
MaikazeFD3S
Posted: Feb 10 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 3,055

I may have grown up, and taken my focus and aspirations to the track, but my heart stays with street driving.

Appropriate or not, I'll never be able to ignore the backroads I've grown up with.
PMEmail Poster
JDMMA70
Posted: Feb 19 2016, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 123

Houston, Texas

Curvy back roads don't exist here, so expressway driving.
PMEmail Poster
Tom
Posted: Aug 29 2016, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 10,589

Croatia, right next to Italy. I like watching hill climb, I would say that's the closest we have to touge? I like to ride on those kinds of roads with my bike, but I do get a rush just by ramping it up on the city expressway at night as well.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Grievermode2
Posted: Oct 14 2016, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 7,208

Indonesia

I just like driving the way it is, when i was working in the capital i drove on the expressway a lot, actually not sure if it can be called as one laugh.gif whatever i guess it can cause we pay's the toll, but after resigned and back to hometown no such roads exist (expressway that is). also since become a NEET, now i don't really go out as much, because of the crazy traffic jams and going out in cars is the last thing you want to do. sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Shingo
Posted: Feb 28 2017, 05:47 PM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 7,661

I'm from the US, Hawaii.

I want to say I am active in the car scene, but I'm not. Well not as much as before anyway. Where I live there's no track, the motoring laws are ridiculous and there's a lot of hate. Aside from car meets, shows and illegal racing activity there isn't too big a scene here.
PMEmail PosterYahoo

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll