Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> WMMT FAQ Thread, Common questions, terms, etc.
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 02:01 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 7,398

Hi WME, I have made a little guide to serve as a reference for WMMT players, new and old alike. Hope you spread this around and help educate new players about this game using this guide. Feedback is greatly appreciated too.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kMrdo3j...Nlr95GsbBw/edit

Special thanks to EJ, JAMMY, Deskyx, vash944 and other people who helped me with this guide.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
N643
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 04:17 AM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

There's actually a wmmt faq already, but it's super old (like 10 years old)

Not sure if it's any help to thought (might have to look for it)
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 04:20 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

QUOTE (N643 @ 2 minutes, 11 seconds ago)
There's actually a wmmt faq already, but it's super old (like 10 years old)

Not sure if it's any help to thought (might have to look for it)

I think a more up to date FAQ is overdue lol
jfufe
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 05:06 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,655

Thanks so much!!!!
PMEmail Poster
EdwardHeartsU
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 05:46 AM
Quote Post

What's a GTR?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 9,838

Hey, how do I use the Stagea? How many guests can I fish knowing that 90% of the community fish anyway?

Also, am I the only evo 9 user here? Why do people get mad when I branch to or choose Wangan? People should never complain and just deal with it right?

Why do people call my evo the scrub 9? I feel offended! Who made the team SCRUB_9? Seriously! It's not funny anymore!

Hey guys why are you insulting my Evo 9?

Guys, I will make a video on cushioning done right! By done right I mean block the ghost and go 20km below TA exit speeds and pretend that I'm good! Am I good enough yet?
Hey guys why are people so mad? My machine's gearbox is broken but I still managed to win 3 times before getting beaten! Why doesn't the technicians learn to fix the machines??!

Why is blocking in the game? Blocking is cheating and very disrespectful, all of the veteran and older players see blocking as disrespectful!

Guys, why am I so bad that I lose to a non-Ft player on Hakone? Why did he choose Hakone even after I pleaded him not to? Why are people so rude!!? I just want to shake their hand and say good game! That's what good players do right? That's respectful as well right?

Luckily I fall in the good players category btw!! Why must people point out and shame me for posting my feelings?!! Haven't you guys ever felt robbed of a supposed victory when you verse a non-FT car?!

*RAGE MODE* Are you trying to pick a fight you schmuck?!! I hope Karma comes back to bite you!!! Karma works like that right? Again luckily I fall in the good players category!!
CarlRaven
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

Great guide! I'll see if I can contribute in some way.....
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Member No.: 10,078

QUOTE (EdwardHeartsU @ 3 hours, 30 minutes ago)
Hey, how do I use the Stagea? How many guests can I fish knowing that 90% of the community fish anyway?

Also, am I the only evo 9 user here? Why do people get mad when I branch to or choose Wangan? People should never complain and just deal with it right?

Why do people call my evo the scrub 9? I feel offended! Who made the team SCRUB_9? Seriously! It's not funny anymore!

Hey guys why are you insulting my Evo 9?

Guys, I will make a video on cushioning done right! By done right I mean block the ghost and go 20km below TA exit speeds and pretend that I'm good! Am I good enough yet?
Hey guys why are people so mad? My machine's gearbox is broken but I still managed to win 3 times before getting beaten! Why doesn't the technicians learn to fix the machines??!

Why is blocking in the game? Blocking is cheating and very disrespectful, all of the veteran and older players see blocking as disrespectful!

Guys, why am I so bad that I lose to a non-Ft player on Hakone? Why did he choose Hakone even after I pleaded him not to? Why are people so rude!!? I just want to shake their hand and say good game! That's what good players do right? That's respectful as well right?

Luckily I fall in the good players category btw!! Why must people point out and shame me for posting my feelings?!! Haven't you guys ever felt robbed of a supposed victory when you verse a non-FT car?!

*RAGE MODE* Are you trying to pick a fight you schmuck?!! I hope Karma comes back to bite you!!! Karma works like that right? Again luckily I fall in the good players category!!

To answer your questions.

1. The Stagea is so bad that your only option is to go to wangan. Your Stagea is always outmatched by bandwagons so its only fair you get to VS as many guests as you want.

2. Yes you are the only Evo 9 user. Big bullies EJ and Deskyx keep making fun of Evo 9! Keep calling them Scrub 9! Very evil! But be strong! Yes no one can ever get angry at you for choosing wangan. Blocking is more noob than going to wangan! Blocking takes no skill.

3. People on WME just hate the Evo 9. My advice as a fellow MT player is to just deal with it.

4. Link to cushioning videos pls! I need them so I can shuttle people for no reason and pretend I am pro because I beat their default ghost! Also you are so good winning with AT! I use AT myself but I can still keep up!

5. Blocking is an evil no skill technique. Literally takes no skill to master. I only do neccesary blocking but also complain about blockers all the time! They should stop doing it instead of me learning to counterplay because I need to win easily!

6. You're not bad. You fall into the good players category. The guy was just a dick, winning because he's more skilled. Only evil scum like EJ do that!

PMEmail Poster
Gold
Posted: Sep 29 2017, 12:35 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 10,815

Thank you for this much appreciated. Its been well over 8+ years since ive played MT but just last week I discovered mt5 machines less than 2 miles from my home

I have a some questions if you could help answer. I am in North America.

Is it possible to beat the 240z and blackbird in the story?

Is it still possible for me to transfer my data from MT 2&3? If so how, I am unable to locate mt4.

Back then the racing etiquettes were a bit different EX. place card in a line to indicate next player, shake hand after race, boost off and ect. Could you update me what are the new etiquettes to follow.

This post has been edited by Gold on Sep 29 2017, 12:37 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Sep 29 2017, 05:05 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (Gold @ 4 hours, 29 minutes ago)
Thank you for this much appreciated. Its been well over 8+ years since ive played MT but just last week I discovered mt5 machines less than 2 miles from my home

I have a some questions if you could help answer. I am in North America.

sure thing... these are my 2 cents regarding to your questions

Is it possible to beat the 240z and blackbird in the story?

Yes, you can beat Devil Z (240Z/S30) and Blackbird (RUF RCT) however their status must be as "R" or Rival status otherwise beating them is nearly impossible because game logic says so

Is it still possible for me to transfer my data from MT 2&3? If so how, I am unable to locate mt4.

No, since Namco Bandai of America didn't support the update card from 3DX+ to WMMT5 and they only released WMMT5 in your territory skipping WMMT4

the last card update in international version ended in October 2013, and the only surviving card update is China server which is still WMMT4

Back then the racing etiquettes were a bit different EX. place card in a line to indicate next player, shake hand after race, boost off and ect. Could you update me what are the new etiquettes to follow.

somehow race etiquette differ from game areas... but here are some tips just not to piss off some regulars there

- never ever branch off to Wangan/Yokohane on some courses especially on C1/NBL-Ariake/Yaesu, and regulars will think of you as somewhat dirty or low blow, the only saving grace would be the last KM of the race... (oh yeah did I hurt someone who we know... I felt dat bad juju)

- if regulars are telling to burn/block on then you can do so.... just feel the flow of the race

- always follow their power/handling requirements.... if you don't follow them regulars will think of it as you're doing something nasty or up to no good

RayoK
Posted: Sep 30 2017, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 8,136

For those devilz and blackbird not listed as R, its actually possible to beat everyone of them but success rate is quite low, depending on that ''window of opportunity''

Like the z31 in the white r32 real dragon arc, i think its one of the easiest to beat because your window is quite large. Just stay in from of him, prepare for that super boost, when it comes just stay in front and block like mad eventually you will win

If not most windows are too small and risky to try
PMEmail Poster
dos4te
Posted: Sep 30 2017, 06:38 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 10,580

decent FAQ, especially with the terminologies, the kids at my place were going bonkers on what i was teaching them the past few days. Will definitely refer them to this FAQ.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
vash944
Posted: Sep 30 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (RayoK @ Today, 6:11 AM)
For those devilz and blackbird not listed as R, its actually possible to beat everyone of them but success rate is quite low, depending on that ''window of opportunity''

Like the z31 in the white r32 real dragon arc, i think its one of the easiest to beat because your window is quite large. Just stay in from of him, prepare for that super boost, when it comes just stay in front and block like mad eventually you will win

If not most windows are too small and risky to try

Like in 1st stage in a story loop... one answer is try going 830hp but the risk is huge....

However in WMMT5 series that if you ever beat the unlisted R status does not get you a special titles.... tried it on stage 1 tho rolleyes.gif

decent FAQ, especially with the terminologies, the kids at my place were going bonkers on what i was teaching them the past few days. Will definitely refer them to this FAQ.

Lelz... which is a good thing enough to get them know the game better

Dem' kids are asking very weird questions tho rolleyes.gif

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll