Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

259 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.  Rate:  
> New Zealand, any players?
HCO
Posted: Nov 6 2007, 10:24 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 226

QUOTE (hanzel2m @ Yesterday at 9:21 PM)
hey, do you know if we have any Japanese machines??
I don't think so eh? sad.gif

I've never seen one, even in cinemas around town. I wish we did, 'cause then I'd get a Gemballa.. I'd rather have the Porsches than the 350Z, not really a big fan of it.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 11:51 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,198

probably I won't actually buy the Gemballa, just see what it looks like lol
Coz You actually need to be really rich to own the gemballa
coz a guy said that you need like 2 wins just to get the first tuning point to full lol.

btw, how much do you think a discard will sell?
Do you think $10 would be worth it?

and also, how much do you think an unshaded card, fully tuned, has more than 100 stars, and also has Full level of dress up parts will be worth it to sell?
do you think $50 is worth it? or was it too cheap?
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (hanzel2m @ Today at 11:51 AM)
probably I won't actually buy the Gemballa, just see what it looks like lol
Coz You actually need to be really rich to own the gemballa
coz a guy said that you need like 2 wins just to get the first tuning point to full lol.

btw, how much do you think a discard will sell?
Do you think $10 would be worth it?

and also, how much do you think an unshaded card, fully tuned, has more than 100 stars, and also has Full level of dress up parts will be worth it to sell?
do you think $50 is worth it? or was it too cheap?

I doubt they're worth much of anything. I don't even keep my discards, I just put them on the arcade machine in case someone wants it. The real problem isn't price, it's finding a buyer - most of the people here who want cards already have them, and they can probably afford to tune another one if they want to.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 01:06 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

yeah true, it's hard to find buyers
I wonder if someone tried to put them on trademe or something tongue.gif xD
yeah many people just left their discards, but I just pick them up then to add to my collection wink2.gif
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (hanzel2m @ Today at 1:06 PM)
yeah true, it's hard to find buyers
I wonder if someone tried to put them on trademe or something tongue.gif xD
yeah many people just left their discards, but I just pick them up then to add to my collection wink2.gif

I'd be more keen about picking up/trading discards if they let you change the card name. I don't want to use someone else's name in a game where it'll be displayed on a ranking board.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 9 2007, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

but if you buy a discard, can't you change the name and color and other stuff??
I actually don't mind about the name if the card is good lol, but I wouldn't want a gay name too lol tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 12 2007, 11:55 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

just came over to play today
Possibly the last day I would get for Double dollar, since I'm going to go there again on 1 December, hopefully tongue.gif

anyways, I dunno since when, but Imax has got 2 more machines, it's near the place where the time Crisis machines use to be, or maybe they are still there... I dunno lol
Haven't been there since ages, so I really don't know if those machines are new or it's old news lol.
Wonder if they got the special title offer there ohmy.gif

Yifans.... not much of a difference, machines are always good, except for the part today where I challanged a little kid, his card name was DK*
I'm sure if you go there often you will know who I am talking about.
it's that little asian kid, who's pretty good at playing
at first he's bothering me by watching me play RIGHT beside me, I don't like people watching close to me tongue.gif I can't concentrate
But I do like people watching from the back biggrin.gif
well anyways, then that kid want me to challenge his ghost, so I did, and well he uses 780 hp, so I thought I'll just use 760hp.
I lose by a few 60m.... I think.. well he's pretty good with the corners and stuff, and If I used 780hp I think I would win ><

Timezone... Fourth machine still haven't fixed, I think they're not going to fix it...... third machine has it's steer fixed... nice one... but now.. the SECOND machine.
The one in the middle, has got a problem.
I do notice that it has been like that since ages though, but now it's come up to the point where it's totally need fixing.
well the gas pedal, it just doesn't work well.. I mean, try playing there, and if you step on the pedal, it feels like it's really loose eh? I mean, well, you know what I mean =P
Just go there and use it, and you will know what I mean
well anyways, that's not the main problem, the main problem that your car could not reaach max speed.
For example, I put my gear to 5, and on the speed thingy, the red thing doesn't go past 5, hm.. kinda hard to explain xD
But my point is that the middle machine is screwed up, don't use it anymore, unless you want to lose lol.

anyways, enough story, and sorry for the double post, coz this thread is kinda dead lol xD
PMEmail Poster
davido
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 01:50 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,371

Can i please have the link to see the Ranks??

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 12:48 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

you mean internet rankings??
Just go to the site and click on NZ biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

So now Imax has 6 machines? o.o
Last time I played there, the machine on the right-hand side had blurry graphics, a loose shifter, and the steering wheel was off center.. I couldn't run Hakone without hitting a wall every corner.

What course did you play him on? I've seen him before but I don't remember playing him. The last people I played were two chinese guys (Don't remember their card names) and a guy called AKAGE, who I've known since WMMT2. His R34 is called AKAGE and his 180SX is called SS IN.

Internet ranking is here:
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/aa/engli...ea=0&x=714&y=52

I'm sure you can figure out how to navigate it
PMEmail Poster
lildude
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 1,276

hehe

well i am origianlly a kiwi,born there and moved 2 aus wen i was 11 well imma going 2 leave this thread nw

This post has been edited by lildude on Nov 13 2007, 05:14 PM
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 05:15 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

yeah they do, but not all 6 connected, only 4 connected, and they got another 2 on the other side, maybe they got rid of MT2 machines and swapped it lol, not really sure biggrin.gif

well he asked me to fight his ghost, by searching for his name, and so I did, and I just challenged him in Osaka, which is where I always play lol xD

yeah I heard of AKAGE before too, not quite sure which guy though
Most popular guy that you will see every week or even everyday would be
ALANG, DK*, GABKA( The old lady lol xD), and JIN, they will always be on the arcades, maybe it's their home xD tongue.gif
and then this big maori guy, can't really remember his name, but he always play in TZ, and he uses AT biggrin.gif That's why i remembered him.
then there's also this big guy.. maybe half kiwi and half maori, but not sure about his name.
anyways, he got tons of card, before playing he always pick a card from his card packs xD

oh yeah, when you go there again, can you try to beat a guy called GE* or something, he's my friend, he always play in Osaka, and I think he isn't that good biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 05:26 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (hanzel2m @ Today at 5:15 PM)
yeah they do, but not all 6 connected, only 4 connected, and they got another 2 on the other side, maybe they got rid of MT2 machines and swapped it lol, not really sure biggrin.gif

well he asked me to fight his ghost, by searching for his name, and so I did, and I just challenged him in Osaka, which is where I always play lol xD

yeah I heard of AKAGE before too, not quite sure which guy though
Most popular guy that you will see every week or even everyday would be
ALANG, DK*, GABKA( The old lady lol xD), and JIN, they will always be on the arcades, maybe it's their home xD tongue.gif
and then this big maori guy, can't really remember his name, but he always play in TZ, and he uses AT biggrin.gif That's why i remembered him.
then there's also this big guy.. maybe half kiwi and half maori, but not sure about his name.
anyways, he got tons of card, before playing he always pick a card from his card packs xD

oh yeah, when you go there again, can you try to beat a guy called GE* or something, he's my friend, he always play in Osaka, and I think he isn't that good biggrin.gif

Lol, I'll be sure to try and set some ghost times for your friend to aim at, haha. I'll probably be going in sometime this week, 'cause my mates are finally done with exams. What annoys me is that the top players, the ones you always see at the top of the rankings on C1/Hakone/NBL never actually seem to play, or I always miss them. Sucks, cause I want to see how they drive. I think last time I was there I managed to get in a few battles against TONY, who had the top Hakone IB time. I like playing people better than I am (which is why ghost mode is great) cause then I can see their racing line and copy it.

Anyway, you really should try to get that extra 20 hp - it's not just 20 hp, it's potentially an extra handling bar, as well. Which means 740hp/D becomes 740hp/B. It just all-around makes your car easier to drive. It's a lot of money to invest for a single bar, but it's really worth it. In MT2 there was definitely a difference between the players with 810hp and the players with 815, and it's no different here.

I'm wondering if I should bother going for story mode overhauls or just keep doing ghost battles/TA's. I would like some of the titles from the second loop of story mode, though.. I want to get my R Killer title back.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 13 2007, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

yeah I do realise about the Handling bar thingy lol, but I'll just play Ghost for now biggrin.gif
well he use to have the crown at Osaka, but I'm sure someone already beat him by now lol smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
mrvtec
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

WME Member

Member No.: 734

i play at yifans. sometimes

card names are ILUSV and MRVAN i usally play with JMC
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

cool we got another person happy.gif
PMEmail Poster
InSanityX
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 1,418

I play mostly at timezone or yifans. Timezone for obvious reasons this month.
I started about a week ago and yeah.... Still working on story mostly (chapter 50 at the moment).
I dunno this thing about pros at yifans... I've been there on weekends and some weekdays even before I started playing and I've yet to see any 'pros' at yifans.
But then I have only see one person I would deem a 'pro' and that was at timezone, haha.
I do agree Yifans has the best machines though, I notice the 'loose' feel of the pedals at timezone =\
Oh well~~
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

You won't have seen them, it depends on when you show up. I'd arrange a meet-up for the players in Auckland, but it seems like everyone except me has less than 820hp, haha. I do kinda want to start a white R32 GTR, though. Something to tide me over until I buy one irl.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 16 2007, 08:26 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

this month you won't find them on Yifans, you will find them in Timezone happy.gif
and in yifans you will find a little chinese kid, I would say he's pretty good for his age.
ALANG, JIN, is the most people that play in the place, I think they are good, well looking at their mileage tongue.gif
so yeah, you won't really find much pros on timezone, especially if it's not double dollar, because their machiens are in very poor quality, well not very, but not a good quality, that's why most people won't go playing there -.-

if you go on weekends, at night, you will see them there smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
InSanityX
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 01:10 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Well I went today and saw 'ALANG'. You can say he's #11 in New Zealand, but I highly doubt that.

He didn't look that great... Sure, I'm worse then he is, no doubt.
But some of the mistakes he made..... and my friend has also beat him in battles before, as well as in maximum tune 2 and I'm pretty sure my friend wouldn't be among the top in NZ.

I don't really think much of the internet rankings for our country, not everyone registers their cards and stuff so its not that reliable.
My friend would be #5 or so on that ranking list for mileage, he has about 18,000km+ and around over a thousand stars but he hasn't put his card on that site.

Yeah, I've seen the little chinese kid at yifans, he's kinda annoying >_>
I saw a pretty pro guy play against ALANG today, Now he was really good @_@

Ahh... End of my long post (I just started posting on this board and already I have a habit of typing too much ><)
PMEmail Poster
HCO
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Yeah. A lot of our good players (mostly Chinese/Japanese) aren't registered on the IR. I've seen a couple of guys who are A-ranked, one was A3 and his title was Cute, so he must be on his third overhaul. I battled a few of them and won, but most of them were boost on anyway. I got a clean win on Hakone IB though. I want to battle TONY* again, he's the one with the 2'29 record on Hakone. I haven't seen anyone beat his time yet.
PMEmail Poster
InSanityX
Posted: Nov 17 2007, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

My friend is really good, but he never does TA, I don't understand why...
I saw one guy today who beat ALANG and a few others I think. He then did a TA on Osaka, gaining 3'51 but it said his personal best was 3'50 which is still pretty good. But yeah... I have only been playing a week and a half now so I still have a long way to go.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

well to be honest.. The IR doesn't really show your skills.. it just shows your mileage, which doesn't really tell you that you are pro.
Maybe ALANG does have the 11th highest mileage in nz, but doesn't really mean he's pro lol
coz even I beat my friend, and his mileage is like 6000, and mine is only 1000 xD

Yup ALANG is not the best, some people have beaten him too xD

yeah Chinese guys are just the best, Koreans too, but I never saw much Japanese playing =/
btw, what's your card name?? and what's your nationality? Kiwi too?
PMEmail Poster
InSanityX
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 11:34 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Of course mileage doesn't show skill lol.
I just assumed that you were getting at that he's like the pro guy in Auckland, seeing as you mentioned him and no one else.
Doesn't matter though lol.
The IR shows skills..... But only for the time attacks and even then, You know which times are good and which arn't.

I've got a long way to go.... I only just got to about 1.3k mileage lol.
PMEmail Poster
hanzel2m
Posted: Nov 19 2007, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

lol that's not only, that's quite good then xD
My one is only like 1.2k lol
well everyone knows him, and yeah, so I assume he's one of the top players here xD
But I did mention some other regular players smile.gif

what's your card name? and nationality?
I bet you will beat me happy.gif
I'm going to go there next next sunday, so on the first of December tongue.gif
so Maybe I will fight your ghost happy.gif

my card is -^^-
and I suck, and I only play in Osaka, so you should try fighting my ghost wink2.gif
and this is the first time I played MT, so I will suck a lot lol, that's why you don't need to worry smile.gif
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 259 Pages  1 2 3 4 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll