Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

5 Pages  « 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 3DX+ Machine info, Info on components of WMMT 3DX+ cabinet
weirdo808hi
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 727

When you say you tried different motherboards is that swapping the full case with everything in it (ram / vid card etc)? Maybe a loose video wire or if you aren't swapping video cards it could be that. I think I seen that at the arcade before but they took the cabs away a few weeks later because of MT5 so the tech never told me what was wrong with it.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
legoslug
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,805

I used an entirely different complete game pcb (mother, graphics card, hdd, dongle, ram, etc). Complete assembly.

Both game pcb work fine, confirmed on another max tune 3 cab.
PMEmail Poster
legoslug
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 09:05 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

I shipped back the chassis to the person I bought the cab from, and they'll either repair or replace it. I have a feeling it is a flyback issue. I will update once I get it sorted it out. It will probably only take 2 weeks.

Does anyone here know how compatibility works for vs mode?

I suspect that games must be same region, version, and same update.

What regions are available? Is it just Japan and Export (English)?

Obviously the game will be either 3, 3DX, or 3DX+

What different updates are there? A, B, C, etc..

This would be good information to have on the main post.
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

From what I remember they have to be same version and update for them to link for vs play.
There is only Japan and Export though there are Chinese versions but its just Export with Chinese language in it and the cards are English printed from them. I know 3DX+ has update version B and 3DX had update Version C for sure as that unlocked the Z34 not sure if there was a Version D. No clue if MT3 had updates as mine doesn't say on the title screen like it does for 3DX and 3DX+.
legoslug
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Thanks for the info, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

From the looks of it, the main thing stopping us from swapping out the motherboard with a different one is nvidia chips are flashed a certain way?

I got hold of 2 japanese mobos, and those have a very clear "namco n2" stamped on there.

I also have 2 USA mobos, and those do not have any namco markings whatsover. I assume this is the version with limited protection. The mobo says MS-6777 on it. Looks similar to this, but mine are not red: Mobos
PMEmail Poster
legoslug
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 03:59 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

I won't provide a link, but I guess there is a decrypted version of MT3? Has anyone attempted to run this on a stock motherboard? If everything is stock, shouldn't it just boot up without a dongle?
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 11:44 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

I believe you can just swap out hdds and dongles and they should work on either mobos but I don't have a USA one here at least I don't think I do. I can swap the hdds / dongles on mine and theres no problems of loading the game. Only thing that wouldn't load is if you have the video card that isn't flashed to the namco bios (linked in this thread) a unflashed one will only work on MT3 but in 3DX / 3DX+ I don't think it will load the game or it will black screen after awhile. Also as far as I know no one has made it so you can run the iso without a dongle. That decrypted MT3 is pretty much just the files thats on the hdd.
legoslug
Posted: Sep 15 2017, 08:40 AM
Quote Post

WME Regular

So any MS-6777 mobo will work? I guess I'm thinking in terms of buying some spares instead of dropping serious dough on an actual N2 mobo.
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Sep 16 2017, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (legoslug @ Today, 6:40 AM)
So any MS-6777 mobo will work? I guess I'm thinking in terms of buying some spares instead of dropping serious dough on an actual N2 mobo.

iirc those red boards were for the USA / Europe export version that had pretty much no security so if you were to get it, I think it will only run Max Tune 3 export and will refuse to run 3DX / 3DX+. I have no clue if any other version other than MT3 Export will run on it, all my boards are Asia / Japan green boards and work with all the hdds I've swapped them with.
legoslug
Posted: Sep 20 2017, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

I'm getting a weird glitch in Maximum Tune 3DX+ (JP). The yellow traffic cars will disappear. I am running 2 brand new 1gig ram, everything else is stock. Any ideas what could be causing this?

EDIT:
Switched out the hdd and reinstalled the same hdd, I think that something may have caused the ram to become corrupted, it works fine now. I would guess the ram was cleared.

This post has been edited by legoslug on Sep 23 2017, 03:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
tanghao
Posted: Oct 11 2017, 11:52 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 10,826

Very interesting read. What im assuming is, that the files written to the UK distributed HDDs are different to the japanese ones and dont require the Nvidia motherboards BIOS booting kernel to start the game maybe.

I will look into the different final versions and see what I can find out
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
N7 RiZe
Posted: Mar 21 2019, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,598

Very late update on my problem from a few years ago: The card reader battery was dead on my cab thus I guess it couldn't properly initiate and talk to the N2. A battery replacement fixed that.
Since then, my motherboard died in the N2 (When it died the cabinet speakers turned on at 100% during a silent attract screen, OUCH!!!), a quick replacement along with a new dual core cpu and dual channel ram and it was an easy fix xD. I also have upgraded the gpu to a 7900GS 512mb so I can safely increase the resolution, currently running 1280x1024. However I think it's drawing too much power from the original PSU and it turns off after about 30 mins, but maybe that's dying due to old age.

This post has been edited by N7 RiZe on Mar 21 2019, 07:24 PM
PMEmail Poster
Jumbosinbad360
Posted: Mar 22 2019, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 11,028

Thanks N7 RiZe for your really helpful previous message, i also am having a problem with my wmmt3 card reader and it probably is down to the coin battery being dead.
Can you tell me is it a CR2032? also, how did you got about changing it..
would it be possible for you to post some pictures on how to dismantle the card reader please.

Many thanks in advance, you seem to have finally solved my problem!

Dave
PMEmail Poster
N7 RiZe
Posted: Mar 22 2019, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

WME Regular

Member No.: 10,598

The battery from old pictures appears to be a CR 2450
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1168 x 872. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I'll have to go by memory here,
to take out the card reader it has 4 screws around it and then disconnect the power cable at the back to take it out,
from there disassembly is a bunch of wires and screws until you get to:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1168 x 872. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

As you can see it's glued in and it doesn't appear to be a secure battery holder. You should definitely replace that with something that's easier to access years from now if need be.
As for me, I kept the old battery in it's glued state and wired up a x2 AA battery holder that I could access when the card reader was all back together and screwed in (small amount of room underneath) and that worked fine (until the N2 motherboard died).
I hope that helps!
PMEmail Poster
Jumbosinbad360
Posted: Mar 23 2019, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 11,028

Thanks for the photos and info, does anyone know what the battery actually does?
i'm guessing like most pcb's with battery backup it's to retain information about something but what?

Got the card reader working now so i started the story mode and got up to chapter 21 before i was suffering from numb arse syndrome! What a great game it is and Yuzo Koshiro's soundtrack really helps keep the blood pumping!
PMEmail Poster
almightytora
Posted: Apr 16 2019, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 9,971

QUOTE (Jumbosinbad360 @ Mar 23 2019, 03:57 PM)
Thanks for the photos and info, does anyone know what the battery actually does?
i'm guessing like most pcb's with battery backup it's to retain information about something but what?

Got the card reader working now so i started the story mode and got up to chapter 21 before i was suffering from numb arse syndrome! What a great game it is and Yuzo Koshiro's soundtrack really helps keep the blood pumping!

Sorry for the late response...

I do remember the old versions (WMMT 3) had a "CARD RESTORE" option (pages 62 through 70 in the manual). Maybe that battery is used to hold the five "BACKUP DATA" files which resulted in data write failure to the card, as well as the five "VERIFY OK" files which resulted in a successful data write to the card.

Again, this is from the manual of the game and my interpretation.

This post has been edited by almightytora on Apr 16 2019, 11:32 PM
PMEmail Poster
mjmmx
Posted: Jun 8 2019, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 11,043

n/a

This post has been edited by mjmmx on Jul 6 2019, 07:34 AM
PMEmail Poster
TheChickenShop
Posted: Oct 25 2019, 02:07 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer

Member No.: 11,095

Hi everybody, I'm new to this game. I just recently bought a pair (MT3) thinking that it works. after hours of reading online trying to figure out what to do. I give up. I'm located in San Diego if anybody is interested in buying them. asking $200 for each.

This post has been edited by TheChickenShop on Oct 25 2019, 02:08 PM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 5 Pages  « 3 4 5  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll