Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> ATTN: Memorial Day Weekend, SF Bay Area Players
BlackMKIII
Posted: Apr 13 2007, 06:29 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

Group: Members
Member No.: 128

I don't know how many people here actually live in the area, but I think a get-together might be some good chance to meet other players. There's a few places to play around here (Castro Valley, Milpitas, Sunnyvale, etc.)

No date set, just asking if anyone is interested. Probably going to be a Friday or Saturday evening thing since some people do have jobs / schooling. What do you guys think?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
BaZ
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 44

I wouldnt mind if I"m within the area
Zanaduz
Posted: Apr 14 2007, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Member No.: 63

Maybe, I'd have to see. Maybe if we firm up a date, I might commit or not. But 'til then, I can't say anything.
PMEmail Poster
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 15 2007, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Callsign: Chaser

Member No.: 4

Its not a bad idea at all. I dont play that often anymore because Im usually busy with work or doing other things. I live in the Bay area myself and when I go play I got to Davis College. They have WMMT2 for 50 cents a play. Cant beat that.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8

Damn, theres alot of players in NorCal!!!!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 08:06 AM
Quote Post

Im thinking of playing this Friday out in Davis. I'll probably get Hara to go along with me, so thats two right now. I'll await everyones response and by Thursday hope to have some idea if anyone wants to tag along.

Any questions or directions on how to get there just ask or we can set up a meeting place.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
BlackMKIII
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

I don't mind going to Davis, but the traffic gives me the most headache. Friday nights, this time of year, I'm sure there's people who will be headed up to Tahoe. Keep in mind, I live near Oakland, and I leave work around 5:30 on Fridays. I probably wouldn't get to Davis until around 7:30 or 8.

But I do love to drive my Supra.
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 12:08 PM
Quote Post

Well the arcade there is open till 12, almost 1 I beileve on weekends. So it wouldnt be a waste to drive an hour or so just to get there when the arcade closes then. But I feel you on the traffic. I sometimes attempt to head down 680 to 580 on friday afternoons and Im sitting in traffic for over 30 mins at times.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Zanaduz
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

I avoid most of the traffic headaches by going I-5 NB to Sacramento, then turning onto I-80 WB from there. Of course, that probably won't work for you, since I live close enough to the I-580 to I-5 exchange for it to be worth it. But yes, I know how to get there; I do remember playing on the WMMT2 machines there when they were installed...

And as regards going there this Friday, well, I'd have to consider, but hopefully I should be able to go there. *shrug* But I dunno, it's a lot of gas for me to go up there (basically that's a full tank round trip)

This post has been edited by Zanaduz on Apr 16 2007, 01:28 PM
PMEmail Poster
BaZ
Posted: Apr 17 2007, 02:22 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Member No.: 44

thats a no go for me then, I"m down here in SoCal. if it happens tell me how it goes, he he
BlackMKIII
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

So, I'll definately be there. Is this a "go" thing? Yes, no, maybe?
Midnight Star
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 11:29 PM
Quote Post

N-NANI?!?!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 33

*feels excluded coz he's all the way in Australia...

Any players in victoria around the knox area? I'd love a good challenge
PMEmail PosterMSN
Hara
Posted: Apr 18 2007, 11:36 PM
Quote Post

Infamous Booboo xD

Member No.: 1

Like the others have said traffic would be quite a problem. I'm sure when this site gets larger we will have some meets. maybe a tourney. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 06:49 AM
Quote Post

Unfortunately BlackMKIII due to lack of numbers and conflicting schedules Friday is a no go. To quote Hara though, I am positive that there will be meets in the future. Regardless of how big this site is, for some reason theres always people in the Norcal area ready to meet up.

Just a little thought, in the future I'd want to see small WME car meets as well. Not just playing a game, but some "spirited" runs. We'll see how that goes.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 07:49 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

If your gonna start holding tourneys in NorCal at least wait till summer so I can catch a flight out there. I usually visit my family near Travis AFB so I could probly come.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Well whatever happens probably wont start till the summer time period. People in school(college, HS) will have a little bit more free time and I can take time off work a little more. So your in the clear Sunzabuto.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Sunzabuto
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (AsakuraZ @ Today at 7:57 AM)
Well whatever happens probably wont start till the summer time period. People in school(college, HS) will have a little bit more free time and I can take time off work a little more. So your in the clear Sunzabuto.

RRRREEEAAALLL NNNIIICCCEEE!!! Now I can get a few more overhauls and TA's done, gasta be prepared!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
BlackMKIII
Posted: Apr 19 2007, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

Definately would love to make some highway runs w/friends. I'll just go to CVGL for now cool.gif
AsakuraZ
Posted: May 5 2007, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

This is a bit late notice I know, but I didnt plan on being in the area this weekend.

Well if anyone wants to run some WMMT tommorow Im currently in the Livermore/Dublin area till Monday. I'd like to play Sunday, the arcade doesnt matter so much as long as it is close by. I was thinking the golf place near Redwood. Im changing the topic title to grab some of the norcal peoples attention also.

If you wanna get together PM or just reply in this post before 5 tommorow I prefer.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Zanaduz
Posted: May 7 2007, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Highway Emperor

Sorry that I didn't see this one sooner AsakuraZ, but I've been rather busy myself over the weekend (my grandmother came to visit, and then a tree FELL ON MY HOUSE!), so I wasn't able to get free time to play. Still, I suppose that I would have if I had been able to. My apologies.
PMEmail Poster
BlackMKIII
Posted: May 7 2007, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Speed King

pinch2.gif (%*^ $&@/* ?[>~`

Sorry I missed out. I spent the day with my g/f hanging out in Livermore.
Jon Michael
Posted: May 7 2007, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer 310: Sky

Member No.: 65

Psshhhh...wish I could go have a get together and play with a buncha people. Watch some Wangan/Shutoku Trial movies. In the future when we have meet-ups I can plan it out so I can make it.

I also wish I had a gf to spend the day with! >_< Damn, where are all the single 30 year old asian women?!
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
AsakuraZ
Posted: May 7 2007, 01:01 PM
Quote Post

Well this upcoming memorial day weekend I'll be in the Livermore/Dublin area for the majority of the weekend. Play! A Video Game Symphony, is also going on Saturday at 8:00 PM. The tickets are ranging from 75-100 dollars. I've purchased two tickets already and Im letting people also on the site know about this as well. I highly encourage any video game music fans to go see this, being this concert is the first for this year and its right here in San Jose. After this event it will be touring overseas for this rest of the year.

As well as PMing this to most of the bay area members, Im editing my last post in the "Get Together" thread. If anyone wants to post in it feel free to grab anyone elses attention I dont PM.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
BlackMKIII
Posted: May 22 2007, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Speed King

I'm going to the symphony as well. I'll also be @ Fanime that weekend! Yay!

This post has been edited by BlackMKIII on May 22 2007, 03:52 PM
Sunzabuto
  Posted: May 23 2007, 04:41 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

QUOTE (AsakuraZ @ May 7 2007, 03:01 PM)
Well this upcoming memorial day weekend I'll be in the Livermore/Dublin area for the majority of the weekend. Play! A Video Game Symphony, is also going on Saturday at 8:00 PM. The tickets are ranging from 75-100 dollars. I've purchased two tickets already and Im letting people also on the site know about this as well. I highly encourage any video game music fans to go see this, being this concert is the first for this year and its right here in San Jose. After this event it will be touring overseas for this rest of the year.

As well as PMing this to most of the bay area members, Im editing my last post in the "Get Together" thread. If anyone wants to post in it feel free to grab anyone elses attention I dont PM.

I went and saw PLAY! when it was here in Chicago last year, it was amazeing! They had music from alot of my favorite games like HALO and Elder Scrolls, Yuzo Koshiro was there too! You will really enjoy it!

p.s.- Why did you quit the Beta matches we were playing yesterday, we raped every match, should have stuck around and leveled up! And that was funny as hell "If we lose this match, I'll ban you from the forum!" lol...

This post has been edited by Sunzabuto on May 23 2007, 04:44 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll