Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> NorCal/Bay Area WMMT players: I need your help!
dreyone
Posted: Mar 1 2019, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 11,004

If you live in NorCal/The Bay Area there's a good chance you've visited the Round 1 at Sun Valley mall in Concord.

If you have visited this location, there's also a good chance that you probably know about the terrible condition their game cabinets are in and the gross mismanagement and incompetence of the staff there (e.g. not even bothering to wipe gunk off the cabinets for literally months after someone spat it all over the screen, not fixing broken gear shifters, steering wheels or accelerators months after directly reporting it to multiple mechanics, taking literally months to get Banapassport cards working and trying to blame it on the NBline servers even though there was nothing wrong with them, etc)

Now, it's common knowledge that there's a lot of rowdy kids and dumb adults who visit these places and badly abuse the cabinets, so I'm not trying to blame this Round 1 for the fact that the machines are always being broken. I am, however, blaming them for not doing ANYTHING to fix these cabinets or even keep them clean after literally months of complaints from not just me, but many other WMMT players who have visited this location and experienced the same issues.

I have been regularly trying to get the staff at this Round 1 to take these issues more seriously and maintain their cabinets. I have spoken to numerous managers, mechanics, front desk staff, I've sent e-mails to their corporate HQ (development@round1usa.com - I don't know any other e-mails to contact them at, unfortunately), etc, but they keep ignoring me and refuse to do anything about the problems with these cabinets.

This problem doesn't seem to just affect WMMT either. About half the arcade cabinets at this location in general are in serious disrepair and show obvious signs of months (if not years) of blatant neglect. One glance at this location's Yelp page reveals page after page of 1 star reviews with one single recurring theme: too many broken machines.

If you live in the bay area/norcal and ever play at this location, I strongly urge you to speak up and demand that they fix these issues and stop ignoring us. They do not seem to understand how much money dedicated WMMT players put into this cabinets and how much business they are losing by not maintaining them. We need to send a clear message to this Round 1 that they need to get their stuff together and stop neglecting these cabinets.

Specifically, I urge everyone to ask them to:

* Fix the broken gear shifters

* Fix the gas pedals that don't give full throttle when pressed all the way down

* Fix the steering wheels with broken force feedback

* Fix the broken seat to the right of the Wangan Terminal on the side of the WMMT5 cabinets facing the other racing games

* Make sure Banapassport cards are always working/keep network in good working order

* Clean the months-old gunk off the cabinets. Seriously it's super gross!

* Remember that just because casual players can play without working gear shifters (AT) and might not notice that the accelerator is not giving full throttle on cars without a boost gauge (or know to check for it), don't need access to Banapassport service, etc, does not mean fixing these things should not be a priority. The majority of the revenue these cabinets generate does not come from guest players, it comes from regular players, banapassport users almost all of whom drive MT (and therefore need working shifters), need working gas pedals and steering wheels, etc.

Please keep the pressure on them. Contact corporate HQ if you have to, escalate it as high as it needs to go to get something done.

The bottom line is that the majority of the staff at this location couldn't care less about their customers, they don't value our business and blatantly neglect their arcade machines. It is neither good for Round 1 nor for us players and they need to get on top of it! Please help me get this message across to them!

This post has been edited by dreyone on Mar 1 2019, 06:09 PM
PMEmail Poster
weirdo808hi
Posted: Mar 1 2019, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 727

IMO sounds like you should take your business elsewhere and support another arcade if theres one in your area (I personally would go somewhere else if a arcade was run down and in disrepair and the store level didn't care about it).
If corporate doesn't give a crap then that store level won't either. It seems like its happening at other Round 1 locations as well not just yours.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
dreyone
Posted: Mar 2 2019, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 11,004

So just as an update, I went down to this Round 1 yesterday night and it appeared that the cabinets on one side (same side as the credit kiosks) were working, but two of the cabinets on the other side were marked out of order and not taking credits. Im guessing the staff got tired of having to refund people credits when they realized the shifters werent working on those cabinets, so they just disabled the card swiper on them.

Also shouts to Mayo, it was fun racing another AE86 driver for a change! Keep practicing on Hakone and you'll improve, that car is really good for technical courses like that
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll