Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

26 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> ***WMMT5 North American Info Thread***, *Official Discussion Thread*
almightytora
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,971

I went on Friday (when I first announced it on the Locations board) and yesterday, as I was in the area and finished all 60 stories without losing. I got the special tachometer and the WMMT 3, 3DX, and 3DX PLUS music, and will probably go back on Wednesday to Camelot Golfland to see more of you guys there.

The person next to me (his card name read "(SKY)") did the same and got all the crowns for all the races, so he has a lot of battle flags now.

ONE MAJOR PROTIP FOR NOW: Put your tokens in SLOWLY for cabinets #2 and #3. They were stealing tokens often.
PMEmail Poster
thatoldf33ling
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 11:11 AM
Quote Post

mishima BANCHOU

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,268

QUOTE (N643 @ Yesterday, 9:31 AM)

the US arcade seems to be pretty much dead (or was never much alive anyways), only California has some sort of scene thats some what alive

imo mostly true but, californias scene was thriving for a while until 3dx+ was our last ver. for so long. Of course I can't say much for the other states in america since most of us never traveled out of state for tournaments or heard of any but I'm sure there were some scenes that did
PMEmail Poster
Pasta
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 11:54 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 37

QUOTE (Myth_21 @ Nov 7 2015, 03:39 PM)
Holy shit PASTA. The guy who convinced me to make an SVX

They are actually like crazy good in WMMT5. Like, best four gear car by far.

Hey hey, always nice to be recognized. Bad news, I can't find my SVX anymore (or my highest mileage Evo 8). Although I'm 70% they're both in my house somewhere, they are the ONLY two cards of mine I can't seem to find, so I'm thinking more like someone took them.

Either way, I've been keeping an eye on the SVX in 4 and 5, and it's nice to see it doing well. I'll definitely make one for old times sake, but being that we'll all basically have to start over, I feel like it might be time for a name change and a new main vehicle.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
Normalaatsra
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Member No.: 8,984

QUOTE (N643 @ 4 hours, 31 minutes ago)
they wont get merge with international (mostly not) due to region difference and lag (which they dont have but who knows)

Lag is a non-issue to be honest as no online VS battle exists in the game and only ghosts are downloaded from the server. It's only persistent internet connection that matters.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
The J
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

It was only a matter of time before the Mrs. and I scratched that itch:
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
PMEmail Poster
Normalaatsra
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Member No.: 8,984

The feels, they really hit home.
I'm thinking about making an account on CarThrottle and make a mega post about this game.
almightytora
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (thatoldf33ling @ 5 hours, 54 minutes ago)
imo mostly true but, californias scene was thriving for a while until 3dx+ was our last ver. for so long. Of course I can't say much for the other states in america since most of us never traveled out of state for tournaments or heard of any but I'm sure there were some scenes that did

(Below is my opinion only. Please no flames.)

Older (and now dead) arcades like Arcade Infinity, Japan Arcade, and Family Fun Arcade kept driving games like WMMT (and games in general) alive. I would see battles fought by friends and people hounding over them wanting to get even one game in.

When those arcades all disappeared, Round1 kept at least the WMMT drivers happy by having four cabinets of WMMT 3DX PLUS. I would go and see all four busy during the weekends, with people wanting to get their one game in. When Initial D was being updated constantly, all the cabinets from both games were busy with people and cards were being restocked consistently.

Then all of a sudden, Round1 ditched the WMMT fanbase by not buying any more cards and switching the game to Time Play, but kept the Initial D people happy with the new upgrade.

Now, when I go to Round1, I see all four cabinets empty, link cable not working, cabinets malfunctioning, etc.

I seriously went to Golfland last Friday on a whim to play the Pac-Man Chomp Mania game. When I saw WMMT 5, I just gazed at it, and the manager (who knows me quite well) noticed me too. I talked to him and the contractor who fixed the internet connection and the coin mechanisms. I apologized if I sounded too pushy. The contractor had a feeling I used to work at an arcade, and he was right.

I really hope Namco sees that the WMMT fanbase (at least in California) isn't dead, and we want this to be a permanent staple in our arcades.
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Nov 9 2015, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,878

one state would be hard to change one country period

its gonna be hard to dump money on to something thats doesnt even have console base, unlike tekken

i really do want to see mt5 in north america (im canadian), but its gonna be hard
PMEmail Poster
thatoldf33ling
Posted: Nov 10 2015, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

mishima BANCHOU

Member No.: 3,268

QUOTE (N643 @ Yesterday, 8:12 PM)
one state would be hard to change one country period

its gonna be hard to dump money on to something thats doesnt even have console base, unlike tekken

i really do want to see mt5 in north america (im canadian), but its gonna be hard

i concur completely but, we can only hope and believe in the players trying to put out more exposure during this loc test. For those players that are, all the power to them. I would love to see the day for MT5 to be enjoyed world wide
PMEmail Poster
nicotam
Posted: Nov 10 2015, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Whatever...

Member No.: 8,717

Well good for you guys getting WMMT5...thought the arcade industry in your country got stagnant due to the dominance of console gaming

Anyways here's a thread I've made that might help you out a bit (spoiler alert)
http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showtopic=34067
N643
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

u should constantly look up Denvers ghosts just to see how many ppl are playing and using cards (u know check to see the if there are new ppl coming in to play)

i know its gonna be hard to do that but try, cuz thats a way to see if u guys have any hope
PMEmail Poster
almightytora
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 10:41 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (N643 @ 2 hours, 39 minutes ago)
u should constantly look up Denvers ghosts just to see how many ppl are playing and using cards (u know check to see the if there are new ppl coming in to play)

i know its gonna be hard to do that but try, cuz thats a way to see if u guys have any hope

There is a way to check that.

Go to Online Battle, attempt to battle someone in the US. You will see what level you're at, and then it'll show how many people are at your level.

I did that at Camelot Golfland yesterday, and 7 people are already at 830 HP (which means they have beaten the Story Mode).
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 07:53 PM
Quote Post

try looking for regions under name search, might be better
PMEmail Poster
almightytora
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 08:09 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

(Cross-posted from location forums)

Since the forums were down yesterday, I found out what it says in the fine print [on the flyer above the Terminal], which makes me a little concerned.

"Car data used at Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune location tests cannot be used with official machines."

I hope that's not the case, because if that means if WMMT 5 becomes an official game, we might need to start over again.

But, I have hope, because there is this tidbit on this page which has already proven to be wrong:

https://www.bandainamcoid.com/banapassport/en

"The card used by the U.S. location test cannot be registered."

===

Anyhow, was a little disappointed in the turnout at Golfland yesterday. Not many people, not many VS battles... and the one I was in, the game malfunctioned. It went to "A new challenger" during our 1 on 1, then the game went blank and made both of us choose Story Mode, etc. (like when a cabinet crashes and reboots during previous versions).

I tried the JAPAN CHALLENGE, and the first seven were easy, but then it started to get difficult. I can't imagine doing Hakone on 830HP to beat a section, but there is the option of beating two lower leveled cars to get past it.

[ Post merged on Nov 12 2015, 08:11 PM ]
QUOTE (N643 @ 18 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
try looking for regions under name search, might be better

If one attempts that, only the United States shows up.

This post has been edited by almightytora on Nov 12 2015, 08:10 PM
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

yes all test data will be wiped after the test

private servers only have your country shown, so u have to click your country then go through it by class level then car
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Nov 12 2015, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

I tried the JAPAN CHALLENGE, and the first seven were easy, but then it started to get difficult. I can't imagine doing Hakone on 830HP to beat a section, but there is the option of beating two lower leveled cars to get past it.

Actually there was one instances that I got owned by BNR34 on Yaesu at 830hp... and lesson learned the painful way =P

FrostBight
Posted: Nov 13 2015, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 2,278

I'm also really concerned about our data potentially getting wiped when the location test is over and we get permanent machines (I'm staying optimistic here).

But, in the big picture, we still got the game, and we will still play it.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN
weirdo808hi
Posted: Nov 13 2015, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 727

I believe when Hong Kong originally got the MT4 location test their data was wiped and could not be used after the location test was over. Though they only had to transfer their 3DX+ cards when the real MT4 came out and their location test only lasted a weekend I believe not months.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOLMSN
N643
Posted: Nov 13 2015, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

i have been to 2 test location for mt in hk, its gonna get wiped for sure

i rather it get wiped, cuz that way u guys might get to join the international sever
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Nov 14 2015, 12:55 AM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

QUOTE (almightytora @ Nov 12 2015, 08:09 PM)

You should've taken the "bait"
When you see a ghost do 830 at Hakone; that's EASY PICKINGS. Stick to 760/740 HP and you'll just breeze through that JC battle.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Seige
Posted: Nov 14 2015, 05:41 AM
Quote Post

Meowapult

Member No.: 8,608

Imma stalk this thread... if NA gets it.. will come over for some battles... always wanted to visit the states
nicotam
Posted: Nov 15 2015, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Whatever...

Member No.: 8,717

QUOTE (almightytora @ Nov 13 2015, 12:09 PM)

Problem with Japan Challenge? Refer to the attachment on this post

Also here's a tip:
1. Tune your car up to 800/815HP max only first
2. Do ghost runs against opponents as per attached file
3. Profit cool.gif

Why only 800/815HP max? Your car will be classified as Level 7/8 in Ghost mode...combined with battling against the higher level ghosts as per attachment will give you constant 1.5x DU bar boost...plus with the added benefit of 2x DU bar boost given in JC...your road to FDU will be done in no time grin2.gif

For further info: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa....hc_location=ufi

This post has been edited by nicotam on Nov 15 2015, 08:40 PM

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 9 )
This attach file is hidden from Guests. Please log in to Download.
Myth_21
Posted: Nov 15 2015, 08:18 PM
Quote Post

SRS'ly SRS

Member No.: 4,940

QUOTE (Pasta @ Nov 9 2015, 11:54 AM)
Hey hey, always nice to be recognized. Bad news, I can't find my SVX anymore (or my highest mileage Evo 8). Although I'm 70% they're both in my house somewhere, they are the ONLY two cards of mine I can't seem to find, so I'm thinking more like someone took them.

Either way, I've been keeping an eye on the SVX in 4 and 5, and it's nice to see it doing well. I'll definitely make one for old times sake, but being that we'll all basically have to start over, I feel like it might be time for a name change and a new main vehicle.

Yeah dude definitely. It's top tier as far as I'm concerned.
Pasta
Posted: Nov 16 2015, 11:27 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 37

AYYYYY ROUND 1 CHICAGO JUST GOT MT5.

Man I wish I had any free time to go play.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteAOL
FrostBight
Posted: Nov 16 2015, 01:12 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Member No.: 2,278

Another MT5 machine has popped up in Illinois! At a Round 1, of all places!
PMEmail PosterAOLYahooMSN

Topic Options 26 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll