Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Forum Rules Important Rules

205 Pages  « 202 203 204 205  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.  Rate:  
> WMMT Gamer's Journal Book 3, a new thread for new stuff :)
cabbie
Posted: Jan 22 2020, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Pick up chicks!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,963

nismo gtr

any phl / kor / tha / vtn ? wanna help me plate it?
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 22 2020, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 11,004

Welp I haven't posted here in quite some time so I figured I'd drop by and post a few updates on my progress in the game.

I've been playing a LOT over the course of the last year. I got 40,351 km on my AE86. 1,496 VS stars and 1,676 ghost trophies. Reached rank A2 & 4th grade ace w/ Panther and hawk background.

Finished 3 loops of story mode and unlocked 1&2 BGM, but screwed up my meter run each time so I still have the stock meter on this car (feelsbad. I unlocked yellow meter first loop pretty much all the other cars I've FT'd). I still kind of like the stock meter on the AE86 though. Feels very authentic.

Completed one loop of JapCha and am working on 2nd. Still sporting the same color and dress up parts even though I've unlocked pretty much all of them and all of the colors for this car (dress up lvl. 285). Everything after the first aero parts for the AE86 is absolutely hideous (IMO) and nothing but foglights and watanabes have any business being equipped on AE86 as far as I'm concerned (keep it classic!)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 731 x 1348. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Spent enormous amounts of time playing Hakone In/Out and managed to get my time on inbound down to 2'30" and outbound to 2'33". Still haven't reached the 20s but I'm much closer now than I was a year ago. Only a few seconds behind model time now.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2560 x 1920. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2560 x 1920. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

I got some decent times on a few other courses as well, although still not as good as I'd like to be.

user posted image

Took all the crowns (again) at R1 hayward the other day.

user posted image

This post has been edited by dreyone on Jan 22 2020, 07:05 PM
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 22 2020, 07:23 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,913

Played mostly with the 180sx today, ghost mode and some TS on Osaka. I did enough TA And ghost on c1 and Taikan. Osaka trips me up oftenbenpugh so that focus worked well enough. Got to color 7 on the car , progress is slow but 9 more visits with that focus will do the trick

Dusted off the viper, a few vs and TA with it. I'm considering completing the r34 as I put it off 2x already...

I also got to know my 180sx better. I was having some speed/shifting issues on Osaka around 250km/hr. One up shift or down shift at that speed caused an accel lag. I figured if I downshift to third on some corners where my speed drops to 240 that I can avoid an accel lag.
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 22 2020, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ 28 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
Played mostly with the 180sx today, ghost mode and some TS on Osaka. I did enough TA And ghost on c1 and Taikan. Osaka trips me up oftenbenpugh so that focus worked well enough. Got to color 7 on the car , progress is slow but 9 more visits with that focus will do the trick

Dusted off the viper, a few vs and TA with it. I'm considering completing the r34 as I put it off 2x already...

I also got to know my 180sx better. I was having some speed/shifting  issues on Osaka around 250km/hr. One up shift or down shift at that speed caused an accel lag. I figured if I downshift to third on some corners where my speed drops to 240 that I can avoid an accel lag.

IIRC there's one red corner on Osaka that I always end up dropping to 3rd in because the rev's drop so low in 4th. I did notice however on Hakone that some sections where I previously dropped to 3rd are actually faster if I stay in 4th, even though the revs lead you to believe you're losing speed. Because the gear ratio in 4th is wider it may sound and feel slower in the lower rev range even though you're still moving faster than you would in 3rd. Downshifting does seem to cause significant speed loss in this game which is why I try to avoid it as much as possible now. I don't know if that red corner is possible to take in 4th though without losing a lot of speed. I think what might help is recording the run and playing it back to compare the car's speed and general performance in that section when downshifting vs. not, or at least compare the section time in TA to get a rough idea of what approach is faster. I have noticed that avoiding downshifts has actually shaved a couple seconds off my TA times. There was some corners I used to downshift for and now I just stay in high gear throughout, and there are some where I would drop down two gears and now I only drop one. Saved me a couple seconds in TA

This post has been edited by dreyone on Jan 22 2020, 07:54 PM
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 24 2020, 05:05 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ Jan 22 2020, 07:51 PM)
IIRC there's one red corner on Osaka that I always end up dropping to 3rd in because the rev's drop so low in 4th. I did notice however on Hakone that some sections where I previously dropped to 3rd are actually faster if I stay in 4th, even though the revs lead you to believe you're losing speed. Because the gear ratio in 4th is wider it may sound and feel slower in the lower rev range even though you're still moving faster than you would in 3rd. Downshifting does seem to cause significant speed loss in this game which is why I try to avoid it as much as possible now. I don't know if that red corner is possible to take in 4th though without losing a lot of speed. I think what might help is recording the run and playing it back to compare the car's speed and general performance in that section when downshifting vs. not, or at least compare the section time in TA to get a rough idea of what approach is faster. I have noticed that avoiding downshifts has actually shaved a couple seconds off my TA times. There was some corners I used to downshift for and now I just stay in high gear throughout, and there are some where I would drop down two gears and now I only drop one. Saved me a couple seconds in TA

Thank you for the reply, i feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one going insane. In the other courses I haven't yet noticed this misleading illusion.

I don't use many 6 gear cars, mostly 5 and 4 gears. 4 gears do give for some different down shift points but this Osaka Hand him course is a bit of a head scratcher. My JCESE has some weak acceleration after hitting the walls and the 180sx drift/slide seems to going on longer than the other better handling cars. That's entirely my fault for choosing the car but I still did it. If i played around with half acceleration during corners then maybe it won't drift 25% longer than the R33.

I'm running the course at 740 or 760 for practice story mode purposes and my lines still need a fair bit of refinement.i know which 3ird gear corner you are talking about. I'm sure I'm not taking the best lines on the other similar corners. I will need to check the TA results because flip phone..... There are corners now that I'm trying not to down shift at though notably they are at 4.9km and 3.9km but 3.9km likely needs that downshift to 3rd as a requirement.

I'm currently at 3 54.9 Hanshin but another 2 seconds could disappear with practice.
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 24 2020, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ Today, 5:05 AM)
Thank you for the reply, i feel better now knowing that I'm not the only one going insane. In the other courses I haven't yet noticed this misleading illusion.

I don't use many 6 gear cars, mostly 5 and 4 gears. 4 gears do give for some different down shift points but this Osaka Hand him course is a bit of a head scratcher. My JCESE has some weak acceleration after hitting the walls and the 180sx drift/slide seems to going on longer than the other better handling cars. That's entirely my fault for choosing the car but I still did it. If i played around with half acceleration during corners then maybe it won't drift 25% longer than the R33.

I'm running the course at 740 or 760 for practice story mode purposes and my lines still need a fair bit of refinement.i know which 3ird gear corner you are talking about. I'm sure I'm not taking the best lines on the other similar corners. I will need to check the TA results because flip phone..... There are corners now that I'm trying not to down shift at though notably they are at 4.9km and 3.9km but 3.9km likely needs that downshift to 3rd as a requirement.

I'm currently at 3 54.9 Hanshin but another 2 seconds could disappear with practice.

That's not too bad. My record on Osaka so far is 3'51"986

Here's my current TA records (Osaka time highlighted) for reference. Some of these aren't very good but a few are decent:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 685 x 1111. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Played again the other night, ran into JIN who I haven't seen in a while. Got some good battles in on Hakone. Unlocked Panther3.

user posted image

Some guys took my crowns except for Hakone, so I have to take them back. Didn't have enough time to get them last night.
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 24 2020, 09:55 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

I lost track of which car ran each course but these are the best times so far.
C1 ob 2 55 930 720hp
C1ib 2 55 832 720hp
NBL cw 4 36 933 740hp
NBL CCW 3 37 859 740hp (I believe it's correct)
Fukuoka 3 30 945, FD 3 30 675 720hp
Taikan up 2 58 797 740hp
Taikan down FD 3 04 375, 3 05 597 740hp
Hanshin 3 54 9xx 740hp

C1 NBL Fukuoka are mostly with R33. Taikan mostly 180sx. The FD is noted appropriately but I don't often TA it but it does serve as a sounding board to find tricks I can use with less agile cars.
NBL was run at 740hp as story mode practice.

Those are the courses I TA, others are difficult to clean the wall contacts......hakone OG... The others don't have the bigger problem corners to practice on for story mode. I haven't done many runs with the r33 lately as clearing colors on the 180sx is higher up on the to do list. I got 229 more races to clear the 11th color.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 24 2020, 10:24 PM
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ Yesterday, 9:55 PM)
C1 ob 2 55 930 720hp
C1ib 2 55 832  720hp
NBL cw 4 36 933  740hp
NBL CCW 3 37 859  740hp (I believe it's correct)
Fukuoka  3 30 945, FD 3 30 675    720hp
Taikan up 2 58 797  740hp
Taikan down FD 3 04 375, 3 05 597  740hp
Hanshin 3 54 9xx    740hp

C1 NBL Fukuoka are mostly with R33. Taikan mostly 180sx. The FD is noted appropriately but I don't often TA it but it does serve as a sounding board to find tricks I can use with less agile cars.
NBL  was run at 740hp as story mode practice.

Those are the courses I TA, others are difficult to clean the wall contacts......hakone OG... The others don't have the bigger problem corners to practice on for story mode. I haven't done many runs with the r33 lately as clearing colors on the 180sx is higher up on the to do list. I got 229 more races to clear the 11th color.

check out this time attack video from IGOR (Australian player who is famous for his time attack rankings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYsEmhqgEg

He does Osaka without dropping to 3rd on that red corner. If you take the right line, use the right HP setting (760) and apply throttle control and braking correctly you can take this corner in 4th on 5MT

This post has been edited by dreyone on Jan 25 2020, 02:16 PM
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ 2 hours, 56 minutes ago)
check out this time attack video from IGOR (Australian player who is famous for his time attack rankings)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crYsEmhqgEg

He does Osaka without dropping to 3rd on that red corner. If you take the right line, use the right HP setting (760) and apply throttle control and braking correctly you can take this corner in 4th on 5MT

thanks, i noticed he also took a similar line in the slightly faster vid 3 47 486 5MTX+ TA. its a line i will try out for sure next time i go to the arcades. im 100% sure i'll match that time first try LOL, its gonna be a challenge but i dont mind being 1-1.5sec of top time in TA. i got plenty of areas to improve...
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

havent posted in here for a little bit, somewhere along the lines i got to 4th grade ace on the mark 2... uhhh full tuned the cosmo (big one), started story a little for my FD (3dx era rename)

and still contemplating what to use my last FT ticket for, i'm thinking between 240Z and RX8 (I want something that'll be good for battle im not fussed about ta ability since i dont really go into ta much). if anyone else has suggestions what to make i'm happy to hear. i dont want to use it on anything that i have or have access to from 5dx+, ill put that list in a spoiler.

SPOILER

SPOILER

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Jan 25 2020, 06:20 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
nel3
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

^
i find the evo3 rather decent, good handling (not sure of top speed), its a light evo so it will get pushed around a bit easier. maybe someone more experienced with the evo3 can fill you in with more details for further judgement.

SVX great in straight line battles, light but a long body does give good blocking ability. it slides/understeers when it comes to more technical courses but it has great accel and speed in the long straightaways.

this is from MT5 handling and not from any 5DX versions. cant say how much the cars slide from 5->5DX but i believe they got a bit more crazy in handling/sliding. cant say much about the other cars on your list as i didnt try them or race with them
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 09:10 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

yea we're on mt6 now (not sure about your region) so a lot of cars that used to be quite good either got buffed or nerfed and the collision physics and wall penalty and stuff has all changed so much
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
nel3
Posted: Jan 25 2020, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 2 hours, 45 minutes ago)
yea we're on mt6 now (not sure about your region) so a lot of cars that used to be quite good either got buffed or nerfed and the collision physics and wall penalty and stuff has all changed so much

we're still on good old trusty MT5 (not even DX...) hopefully in 6 years we'll get MT6 LOL. i guess i can speak for my region given there's just 1 arcade now that im aware of in very close proxity of my city. the arcade golden years are long gone since 10yrs ago...

though if anything its good we're stuck at MT5, the cars dont handle like the tires have an inch of oil covering them. apparently the skylines are more slide happy in 5DX.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 25 2020, 11:59 PM
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jan 26 2020, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (nel3 @ Jan 24 2020, 09:55 PM)
C1 ob 2 55 930 720hp
C1ib 2 55 832 720hp
NBL cw 4 36 933 740hp
NBL CCW 3 37 859 740hp (I believe it's correct)
Fukuoka 3 30 945, FD 3 30 675 720hp
Taikan up 2 58 797 740hp
Taikan down FD 3 04 375, 3 05 597 740hp
Hanshin 3 54 9xx 740hp

C1 NBL Fukuoka are mostly with R33.

as for NBL CW.... go 830hp

I believe you can go at least a decent 4'32'XXX if you are well adjusted to 830hp setup and you can go better at 4'31'XXX to 4'30'XXX on BCNR33

on NBL CCW I believe if you are too adjusted at 740hp and might go at least 760hp to shave more time
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
nel3
Posted: Jan 26 2020, 10:59 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ 4 hours, 25 minutes ago)
as for NBL CW.... go 830hp

I believe you can go at least a decent 4'32'XXX if you are well adjusted to 830hp setup and you can go better at 4'31'XXX to 4'30'XXX on BCNR33

on NBL CCW I believe if you are too adjusted at 740hp and might go at least 760hp to shave more time

ty for the reply. i'll try that out today (after i go to sleep+wake up and take care of the things i have to) or tomorrow as i have developed a slight cold recently. its currently 2AM... in general it seems like the hardest TA wall i usually hit is 1.5- 2 seconds slower than model rank. its understandable at that point where the tiny details are needed for top time.

im a bit focused of Osaka at the moment but Osaka, C1 and NBL are all part of my practice routine. im really procrastinating horribly on my return to story mode for the meters. im trying to make sure i can handle it for flawless 60 story runs. i got my r33 yellow tach and messed up the 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th round, the 180sx is first perfect 60 and pending. the evo3 is more daunting, had a bad hit in R1 and shrugged the run off. i only decided for the red tach later on and forgot to set the retire option on. when i tried to retire in R2 i found out the hard way that i didnt set it on so i put that goal on the shelf.

i should just go to do the recommended HP settings for TA and see what i can do as im not thinking of story mode at all. hopefully i dont have a hard time re-adjusting to 740HP for story mode... my goals on the 33 and 180 are pretty much total KM and color progression at this point.

this part is a tiny rant but i hear this too often. when other players are giving advice to newbs (not noobs) that have a good interest in getting better get advice do the full 830HP run then practice on TA to get better. thats valid and all but if the player wants to get DU parts then practice can be done as they do ghost mode. hardly anyone mentions practice thru ghost mode...

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 26 2020, 11:10 PM
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 27 2020, 01:10 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)
ty for the reply. i'll try that out today (after i go to sleep+wake up and take care of the things i have to) or tomorrow as i have developed a slight cold recently. its currently 2AM... in general it seems like the hardest TA wall i usually hit is 1.5- 2 seconds slower than model rank. its understandable at that point where the tiny details are needed for top time.

im a bit focused of Osaka at the moment but Osaka, C1 and NBL are all part of my practice routine. im really procrastinating horribly on my return to story mode for the meters. im trying to make sure i can handle it for flawless 60 story runs. i got my r33 yellow tach and messed up the 2nd, 3rd and maybe 4th round, the 180sx is first perfect 60 and pending. the evo3 is more daunting, had a bad hit in R1 and shrugged the run off. i only decided for the red tach later on and forgot to set the retire option on. when i tried to retire in R2 i found out the hard way that i didnt set it on so i put that goal on the shelf.

i should just go to do the recommended HP settings for TA and see what i can do as im not thinking of story mode at all. hopefully i dont have a hard time re-adjusting to 740HP for story mode... my goals on the 33 and 180 are pretty much total KM and color progression at this point.

this part is a tiny rant but i hear this too often. when other players are giving advice to newbs (not noobs) that have a good interest in getting better get advice do the full 830HP run then practice on TA to get better. thats valid and all but if the player wants to get DU parts then practice can be done as they do ghost mode. hardly anyone mentions practice thru ghost mode...

Ghost battle is only good against fresh ghosts from really skilled players in my opinion because the amount of boost you get and the rubberbanding/degradation after a certain amount of time has passed or # of players has lost to the ghost makes ghost battle kind of easy to win. Ghosts are pretty much designed to be beaten, but playing against freshly recorded (i.e. only a few days old or less) ghosts of skilled players can help you learn the correct lines (provided they're using them in their ghost run) and eventually improve your skills if you can beat them without relying too much on the boost mechanics/blocking. Playing against a skilled player's ghost that is more than a few days old, or playing against a player more evenly matched against you does not help much in terms of improving your skills, however.

So in essence if you want to improve your skills playing ghost battle, race against the recent ghosts of top players with top-ranking time attack records, and who actually use those lines in their ghost battle runs. Otherwise, just stick with TA

This post has been edited by dreyone on Jan 27 2020, 01:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 27 2020, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ 9 hours, 46 minutes ago)
Ghost battle is only good against fresh ghosts from really skilled players in my opinion because the amount of boost you get and the rubberbanding/degradation after a certain amount of time has passed or # of players has lost to the ghost makes ghost battle kind of easy to win. Ghosts are pretty much designed to be beaten, but playing against freshly recorded (i.e. only a few days old or less) ghosts of skilled players can help you learn the correct lines (provided they're using them in their ghost run) and eventually improve your skills if you can beat them without relying too much on the boost mechanics/blocking. Playing against a skilled player's ghost that is more than a few days old, or playing against a player more evenly matched against you does not help much in terms of improving your skills, however.

So in essence if you want to improve your skills playing ghost battle, race against the recent ghosts of top players with top-ranking time attack records, and who actually use those lines in their ghost battle runs. Otherwise, just stick with TA

I do agree that most ghosts are rather weak and some are destined to lose all the time. The better ghosts do pose a challenge and so do the Japan challenge ones at times. It provides a place to get used to the corners and traffic without potentially losing a race in a meter run. The traffic may not be as ruthless as story but it can throw you a wrench. There are some cases where you can run a TA line in good places.

That may not be the most effective way to improve the lines but it's still practice and you still get the DU parts at the same time.
PMEmail Poster
vash944
Posted: Jan 27 2020, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Danmaku Racer

Member No.: 8,599

QUOTE (nel3 @ Jan 25 2020, 06:25 PM)
SVX great in straight line battles, light but a long body does give good blocking ability. it slides/understeers when it comes to more technical courses but it has great accel and speed in the long straightaways.

in MT4 series including 5/5DX/5DX+

SVX seems high tier but not bandwagon-ed tier... as long you are adept/accustomed to its slide-y nature and pretty good on the straight ward acceleration (good enough to troll GT-R's R35)

while in WMMT6's logic

SVX's top speed seems nerfed.. still stuck on 351 on most highest recorded at 352km/h, acceleration seemed bit nerfed and still slide-y as heck, but still a good car for breaking crowns
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
nel3
Posted: Jan 27 2020, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (vash944 @ 2 hours, 54 minutes ago)
in MT4 series including 5/5DX/5DX+

SVX seems high tier but not bandwagon-ed tier... as long you are adept/accustomed to its slide-y nature and pretty good on the straight ward acceleration (good enough to troll GT-R's R35)

while in WMMT6's logic

SVX's top speed seems nerfed.. still stuck on 351 on most highest recorded at 352km/h, acceleration seemed bit nerfed and still slide-y as heck,  but still a good car for breaking crowns

Yeah, i wouldn't say it's the easiest to handle but it really goes fast when handled well. 4-gear cars have some weird shifting points at times. I like the car but it's ability to rival skylines is nice. Hopefully MT6 doesn't take 4 years to arrive locally.

EDIT:
played today did close to 50 races in total...95% of them were TA, 35 were on Osaka and the rest on Taikan.

i went ahead and changed up my lines on Osaka and there was improvement and exception hardship... the first few races were bad as i was trying to cram all the changes at once and kept forgetting the quirks of that corner. it didnt help at all that a player on the pump it up arcade machine nearby was playing a shitty song. if i hate a song then it really does mess with my focus.

there were improvements at 17km mark that need fine tuning to get better lines and speed. 15.1 KM is still an issue to visualize the correct line and take it well but its not to infuriating. 13.2 is annoying for the line and fudging the down shift into forth ie put it in 2nd more than a few times...

9.1KM is infuriating to say the least. i dont know how many times i smashed the wall due to the narrow 2 lane entry point while trying to remain in 5th gear. downshifting to 4th works but drops speed. braking and/or gas off is difficult to judge the point with the desired line and not smash it. its gonna be a work in progress. my best was 270 entry and exit after the mini red divider in best of conditions

5.0 is a work in progress for entry and proper exit speed. 3.8km is a lost cause ATM for a 4 gear downshift and cornering. im content to get into 4th then drop to third on the 3.6 km marker but im not taking the outer line it seems. managing 200-210 exit for the time being

the other red and yellows arent that bad but i can work with that for the time being. 180sx time is now 3 52 307 740hp, 3 52 638 760hp. i destroyed that time with FD 3 51 873 on first attempt, second attempt was looking ok then wall crash... races 3-4 with FD wall crash... the FD did give me some ideas on how to change the 180sx lines. however asking a 180sx to follow the exact same line with an FD doesnt always work out as planned due to individual handling characteristics...

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 28 2020, 08:54 PM
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 29 2020, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ Jan 27 2020, 08:07 PM)
9.1KM is infuriating to say the least. i dont know how many times i smashed the wall due to the narrow 2 lane entry point while trying to remain in 5th gear. downshifting to 4th works but drops speed. braking and/or gas off is difficult to judge the point with the desired line and not smash it. its gonna be a work in progress. my best was 270 entry and exit after the mini red divider in best of conditions

5.0 is a work in progress for entry and proper exit speed. 3.8km is a lost cause ATM for a 4 gear downshift and cornering. im content to get into 4th then drop to third on the 3.6 km marker but im not taking the outer line it seems. managing 200-210 exit for the time being

the other red and yellows arent that bad but i can work with that for the time being. 180sx time is now 3 52 307 740hp, 3 52 638 760hp. i destroyed that time with FD 3 51 873 on first attempt, second attempt was looking ok then wall crash... races 3-4 with FD wall crash... the FD did give me some ideas on how to change the 180sx lines. however asking a 180sx to follow the exact same line with an FD doesnt always work out as planned due to individual handling characteristics...

Yeah staying in 5th on 9.1 is hard. I struggle with that corner a lot

Nice improvements! I had a feeling you would shave quite a bit from watching that video. Keep practicing and you can get 3'47" eventually. That's my goal as well
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 29 2020, 06:22 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ 5 hours, 27 minutes ago)
Yeah staying in 5th on 9.1 is hard. I struggle with that corner a lot

Nice improvements! I had a feeling you would shave quite a bit from watching that video. Keep practicing and you can get 3'47" eventually. That's my goal as well

Indeed it is, I'll keep trying it in 5th gear for a bit with accelerator control or braking but I only have so much patience. That's the thing with TA vids, the best times make the lines look sooo easy... I do see areas where I can tweak my lines but red corners like that...

The current records on Hanshin are 3 47 6xx?? FD, 3 49 609 180sx. I can still shave off more time by cleaning up my lines and the speeds in the corners. I'm not sure how much I will improve on the FD as I use it as a sounding board but having it is pretty damn near essential. 1-1.5 seconds off the model records is my goal with all 4 important courses.

Hanshin has many deceptive turns and hidden lines. The low red walls and even the slow S section just before the finish. The line at high speed really has to be inferred a fair bit.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 29 2020, 06:27 AM
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 29 2020, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ 7 hours, 33 minutes ago)
Indeed it is, I'll keep trying it in 5th gear for a bit with accelerator control or braking but I only have so much patience. That's the thing with TA vids, the best times make the lines look sooo easy... I do see areas where I can tweak my lines but red corners like that...

The current records on Hanshin are 3 47 6xx?? FD, 3 49 609 180sx. I can still shave off more time by cleaning up my lines and the speeds in the corners. I'm not sure how much I will improve on the FD as I use it as a sounding board but having it is pretty damn near essential. 1-1.5 seconds off the model records is my goal with all 4 important courses.

Hanshin has many deceptive turns and hidden lines. The low red walls and even the slow S section just before the finish. The line at high speed really has to be inferred a fair bit.

You got 3'47" already? That's a massive improvement in such a short period of time

Do you play in North America? I couldn't find your time in the time attack rankings page

https://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5/na/ranking/

PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 29 2020, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
You got 3'47" already? That's a massive improvement in such a short period of time

Do you play in North America? I couldn't find your time in the time attack rankings page

https://wanganmaxi-official.com/wanganmaxi5/na/ranking/

No, those are the records I'd like to get near to. Those are currently registered as top model times on the machine/cabs. my 180sx is 2.7 seconds behind the model record and my FD is 4.2 seconds behind the top ranked TA record.

I sure wish I had that rapid improvement in time but it doesn't work that way in RL. I don't recall being able to register my card online in the past. I got a account setup but I wasn't able to register the card on the north American server.

EDIT
I went again today, it was 41runs, 3 battles among them. The TA sessions with FD and 180SX. Most were 180sx but i started with FD to check the good line technique and get an idea where to change it on 180sx.

The good news is that all the problem corners are still problems but I figured them out. Still need to change the lines for better speeds. 9.2 and 5.0 KM markers are easier with a little inertial drift at the corner entry to clear that wall i always hit yesterday... and I can clear the damn walls pretty well though I still tap them a few times.... I studied IGOR's TA vid and used the buildings outside the highways as markers to start turning. I also got the hang of 3.8km in 4th, still need more practice for better exits closer to 220km h but I'm in the solid 200-210km exi5s and a few 190s at times.

In the end I got 760hp Osaka 3 51 389, i tried again on the FD a bit but wa'll taps... got close to geating my FD PB time but 1 wall tap broke it. If i put together a good run i can then beat my current PB held by the 180sx.

Finished off the day with 4 story mode races 41-44 on the R34. I swear one day I will FT that car....The 180sx is now lime green color but I'm not sure how long I will keep it like that, it does have a green aura smile.gif. Color 11 metallic blue will be chosen after I clear colors 9-11,

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 30 2020, 05:41 PM
PMEmail Poster
dreyone
Posted: Jan 30 2020, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

WME Wangan Runner

QUOTE (nel3 @ Yesterday, 5:12 PM)
No, those are the records I'd like to get near to. Those are currently registered as top model times on the machine/cabs. my 180sx is 2.7 seconds behind the model record and my FD is 4.2 seconds behind the top ranked TA record.

I sure wish I had that rapid improvement in time but it doesn't work that way in RL. I don't recall being able to register my card online in the past. I got a account setup but I wasn't able to register the card on the north American server.

EDIT
I went again today, it was 41runs, 3 battles among them. The TA sessions with FD and 180SX. Most were 180sx but i started with FD to check the good line technique and get an idea where to change it on 180sx.

The good news is that all the problem corners are still problems but I figured them out. Still need to change the lines for better speeds. 9.2 and 5.0 KM markers are easier with a little inertial drift at the corner entry to clear that wall i always hit yesterday... and I can clear the damn walls pretty well though I still tap them a few times.... I studied IGOR's TA vid and used the buildings outside the highways as markers to start turning. I also got the hang of 3.8km in 4th, still need more practice for better exits closer to 220km h but I'm in the solid 200-210km exi5s and a few 190s at times.

In the end I got 760hp Osaka 3 51 389, i tried again on the FD a bit but wa'll taps... got close to geating my FD PB time but 1 wall tap broke it. If i put together a good run i can then beat my current PB held by the 180sx.

Finished off the day with 4 story mode races 41-44 on the R34. I swear one day I will FT that car....The 180sx is now lime green color but I'm not sure how long I will keep it like that, it does have a green aura smile.gif. Color 11 metallic blue will be chosen after I clear colors 9-11,

Oh ok I gotcha. I was confused at first but I think I just read your post wrong. That 3'51" time is still pretty good though, you're actually a few milliseconds faster than my top time now. Good job!
PMEmail Poster
nel3
Posted: Jan 30 2020, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

QUOTE (dreyone @ 33 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Oh ok I gotcha. I was confused at first but I think I just read your post wrong. That 3'51" time is still pretty good though, you're actually a few milliseconds faster than my top time now. Good job!

Ty, i also thought I got the top TA time today too at least for s minute or 2. I got 3 52 021 earlier today, the screen showed the model time and WR for Osaka as 3 52. It didn't say 1st ranked TA nor a new PB, i was confused as the FD can hit 3 47. The machine worked fine after that race again to note that 180sx model rank was 3 49.

I'm still not happy with the 3 51 3 but I'm going to try beat it down a bit more. I might hit a wall and have trouble breaking the low 50s.

This post has been edited by nel3 on Jan 30 2020, 07:21 PM
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options 205 Pages  « 202 203 204 205  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll